Thread: Clonee Incident

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbean76 View Post
    We don't know the full story and probably never will. It's pointless speculating. It is a pity a man died and the colour of his skin is irrelevant.
    Correct. We don't know the full story and we never will.
    What I do know is that a person with a severe mental illness was not in care. While I accept questions need to be asked of Gardai I think more focus is needed on the resources available to deal with mental health. Every time i walk through Dublin city I see people with major mental health problems sitting on pavements or roaming the streets like zombies. If the money invested on the war on drugs was diverted to mental healthcare we'd be far better off as a country.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mij For This Useful Post:

Mrbean76 (04-01-21), thicklanger (04-01-21)

Reviews

From what I can see there is false info being posted here about this person . Which in itself brings others to the conclusion that all is not right / racist

My take ,GSOC are investigating and they are not exactly cosy with the Gardai and those who know recent events will know this so their will be no cover up

It does the cause of racial inequality no good to cry wolf as that idiot actor did in USA awhile back

I see a few who jump to racism automatically here but they are as biased as anyone else at this point and accordingly have no value because we know they will post no matter what

The incident would have been chaotic and v difficult in real time . The man had serious mental heath problems so reasoning with him was not going to be simple
    Compassion and justice are what should be in evidence not false info and confirmation bias on all sides

The facts will determine the outcome
    The protests may have history of past issues in community , this also needs to be addressed , if their is no history then opputunism would be a valid conclusion which does Racial equality a dis service

This is not Irelands George Floyd
    Clubcard stop now
    "Those who keep the ability to see beauty, never grow old"- Frank Kafka

You will Always be fond of me .I represent all the Sins you never had the Courage to commit Oscar Wilde

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to beautyaddict For This Useful Post:

funboy71 (04-01-21), gonzo76 (05-01-21), IrishSarahBarra (05-01-21), Mrbean76 (04-01-21), ShyRedViking (04-01-21)