Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Clonee Incident

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Lad View Post
    They made a balls of it, they left it so that the last resort was to shoot him dead. My point is it should never have gotten to that situation, they shouldn't have failed in all other attempts. It was a disaster.
    So what would you have done different then ?

We can bullshit here for days on end but at the end of the day none of us were there so who are we to say what should or shouldn't have been done ?
    Are we there yet ?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

funboy71 (03-01-21), ShyRedViking (04-01-21)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brooksey86 View Post
    Agree with every word, colour is nothing to do with it
    Reminds me of black lives matter. All lives matter not just black lives. Amazing thing is a lot of these ppl that do these movements are white.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BarryJohn19 View Post
    Had he not got shot, ppl would moan why didn't they shoot him
    Or if the police got stabbed nothing would be said either.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigmango View Post
    The knife in question was a machete
    Yep. Like everyone has a machete in their kitchen.

Westside.

Blog Entries

That's my point, they had all these things, the Gardai failed, failed miserably 2.5 hours to resolve a situation, but in the end thay had to shoot him dead, should never ever have happened.
    In fairness Ladooooo they shot him because he went for one of them.

Westside.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    So what would you have done different then ?

We can bullshit here for days on end but at the end of the day none of us were there so who are we to say what should or shouldn't have been done ?
    Hi Barney, I didn't train for 4 years to be a Garda and then further training to be in the armed repsonse. But a little common sense and some questions need to be asked, why didn't pepper spray work? Why didn't a two pronged 1500 volt taser work, why didn't they fire the bean bag rounds, why did a gardai allow themselves to be in a position that the last resort was to shoot dead a person.

Couple of things to add, I couldn't care less if the guy was yellow or pink, 100% not a race issue, 100% I have sympathy for everyone involved including the Garda that had to shoot George. I want answers as to why everything failed and after 2 and half hours George was shot dead.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    In fairness Ladooooo they shot him because he went for one of them.

Westside.
    I know, but questions have to be asked, why every other method failed, why did it come down to a last resort of shooting dead George

Blog Entries

They made a balls of it, they left it so that the last resort was to shoot him dead. My point is it should never have gotten to that situation, they shouldn't have failed in all other attempts. It was a disaster.
    That wasn't a failure on the the police fault but on the perpetrator. He is the cause of his own death. If they didn't shoot him it would be open season on the police anytime someone arms themselves like he did. I know the Gardai get a lot of stick in this country but in this case they were 100% right.

Westside.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    That wasn't a failure on the the police fault but on the perpetrator. He is the cause of his own death. If they didn't shoot him it would be open season on the police anytime someone arms themselves like he did. I know the Gardai get a lot of stick in this country but in this case they were 100% right.

Westside.
    They have tasers, rubber bullets, bean bag rounds and pepper spray, they don't just have these things for a laugh and to play with, why did that all fail? Why was it that the last resort was to shoot him dead?

Blog Entries

Hi Barney, I didn't train for 4 years to be a Garda and then further training to be in the armed repsonse. But a little common sense and some questions need to be asked, why didn't pepper spray work? Why didn't a two pronged 1500 volt taser work, why didn't they fire the bean bag rounds, why did a gardai allow themselves to be in a position that the last resort was to shoot dead a person.

Couple of things to add, I couldn't care less if the guy was yellow or pink, 100% not a race issue, 100% I have sympathy for everyone involved including the Garda that had to shoot George. I want answers as to why everything failed and after 2 and half hours George was shot dead.
    I get what your saying but pepper spray is generally used just to subdue a person so they can be cuffed. At the end of the day they are armed police and they have the power to use the most effective while minimising danger to themselves.

Westside.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast