Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Walked away from an ATM without cash.

Reviews

Similar happened to a mate of mine in Germany. Took money from the machine and walked out of the kiosk. The door closed automatically behind him as they do over there. Then he saw he left his money in the machine and went to go back in. Once the door opened the money went back into the machine. He had to get onto the bank and they had to go through the security tapes to confirm what happened, before he got the money refunded to his account. It took a few weeks.

Don't think the ATMs here take back the money any more, but if you were inside a bank you might be lucky and they can see it on the security cameras, if outside or using the ATMs in shops, you'll probably have to write it off I'm afraid.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinkeye For This Useful Post:

Bank here wouldn't give me the money.
    The machine stated 'Please take your money', but the door was opening and closing really quick and I could see the money, but I couldn't get hold of it.
    The machine then took the money back and then 'Thank you' came up ater.

It took 2 weeks to get the money back after I made a call to report it straight away.
    They just said, that they wil count the money in the machine after the weeks over and if there is the money does over count, then they will refund me what I was owed.

Found out another person had the same issue just before me in which was not around at the time, till he saw me after stressing out.

I had to call the bank over the phone, as the banks here close at stupid o'clock and even closed on the weekends.

Reviews

Floki - The previous post requires editing

Derogatory remarks about service providers are not allowed.

After all - Banks are service providers

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bigmango For This Useful Post:

Floki (27-08-20)

it returns to the atm if its not taken out , unless someone took it as soon as you turned your back ...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to james12013 For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by AmbiValent View Post
    A good while ago ATMs had those cash dispensing drawers that would open when the money was dispensed. (I don't know if those style ATMS even exist anymore. Probably not.)
    Early one Saturday morning I was making a small withdrawal and the drawer didn't open. I tapped the drawer and it was loose. The hinge or spring must have broken. There was also a couple of hundred pounds extra in the drawer than I had withdrawn. Being a student at the time (and flat broke) I'd probably only been taking out a twenty.

I couldn't return it to the Bank as it was closed and I couldn't return it on the Monday as I was just in Dublin for the day. I couldn't return it to anyone as I hadn't seen anyone use the ATM before me. If I left it in the drawer the next person would just take it so I figured it was just my turn to be lucky.
    That's a really good story considering you're user name it really suits..!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigmango View Post

Floki - The previous post requires editing

Derogatory remarks about service providers are not allowed.

After all - Banks are service providers
    I however didn't mention the name of the branch, where they are or how much was taken.
    So in sense, it's fine

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    How do you know they had gloves, hat and mask on? Is there something you want to tell us?
    Dont blame Jimmy, blame Corona...
    Hello darkness my old friend.....

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    Dont blame Jimmy, blame Corona...
    Walking away from an ATM without taking your cash does sound like the effects of too much Mexican beer.
    Fake news!!FAKE NEWS!!!Covfefe.
    We're making America great again!!
    We got good people on it!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast