Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Downloading.

ha no worries mate (anon) i love chatting about this stuff... on those download sites i do max out my line, im on a 3mb line and ive uploaded over 100GB of files so from the points i get off other users i never have to pay plus i use a download manager so sometimes i make a BIG list of movies/music/games whatever and my manager (reget deluxe) puts them in a queue for me and downloads them
    one after the other or in groups of how many i want dl at a time ... yeah ive had that problem with Nero before so i just strip the audio and encode it to CBR then add it back with Virtual Dub and have no problems i know it maybe slower but then i barely encode things to regular DVD .... 5TB of hdd space is the way to go works for me ... lol btw i have used usenet once (got a free trial) and its not as good in my opinion as with warez-forums people post screenshots of the quality and also reply to topics to inform other members of the quality before you download, plus warez-bb has over 1 MILLION members now so anything on that will show up on warez-bb anyway, plus nothing is hosted on those sites its only where you download off rapidshare/megaupload/megashares and if they hand over there list of users it will go into then hundreds of thousands of users and i doubt they will try and prosecute everyone

So to summarize my ISP has no dl limits i sometimes dl over 100GB a month with no extra charge
    max download speed 3mb line so i get ~ 320 kbps and as i gather points off other users on my account
    i never have to pay a cent to download ... (well accept phone line and ISP costs )

Exclamation

Perhaps the conversion from *.avi / DivX to the DVD format is a redundant step? Lots of DVD players these days will also play DivX. I know that Lidl from time to time have them for sale. Apart from playing discs they also have a USB port and a slot for SD cards which means that files can be played from those types of storage media too.

Footlong will only get one film per blank DVD if he converts to the DVD format, if he leaves them as *.avi / DivX he will be able to get about 5 X 700 MB films onto a standard, single sided, single layer blank DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pussy Eater View Post
    Perhaps the conversion from *.avi / DivX to the DVD format is a redundant step? Lots of DVD players these days will also play DivX. I know that Lidl from time to time have them for sale. Apart from playing discs they also have a USB port and a slot for SD cards which means that files can be played from those types of storage media too.

Footlong will only get one film per blank DVD if he converts to the DVD format, if he leaves them as *.avi / DivX he will be able to get about 5 X 700 MB films onto a standard, single sided, single layer blank DVD.
    Peter, Footlong would be quite delighted to get one film per blank dvd, that would be f'ing miraculous, I've standard or dual layer, just someone please give me an IDIOTS step 1 to 10 on how to do it.

I dont mean to sound rude or insult but if you werent clever enough to use anon's or my brief instructions Just go to your local PC store ... and purchase a copy of NERO (they are probably selling 9) and it will probably set you back 30 euros but if your willing to waste money on dual layer dvd's to burn one movie onto a disc i dont think a once off price of 30 euros will kill ya now instructions

1. INSTALL NERO

2. PUT IN KEY FOUND ON/IN BOX TO REGISTER

3. CLCIK ON NERO ONCE ITS DONE

4. CLICK ON NERO VISION

5. SELECT MAKE DVD AND DVD VIDEO

6. DRAG AND DROP OR SELECT IMPORT THE AVI FILE IT SHOULD APPEAR IN THE BIG WHITE AREA

7. KEEP PRESSING OK, IF YOUR NOT BOTHERED ABOUT CHANGING THE MENU BACKGROUND FOR
    THE DVD

8. IM BORED NOW THERES MORE SETTINGS BUT I CANT BE BOTHERED EXPLAINING ...
    JUST PUT A BLANK DVD R IN THE YOUR DISC DRIVE AND SELECT BURN TO DISC ONCE ITS DONE

9. THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND YOU SHOULD BE FINE (BEST STEP LOL)

10. PUT YOUR NEWLY MADE MOVIE INTO A REGULAR DVD PLAYER AND ENJOY
    Last edited by GrimmJow; 21-06-09 at 04:11.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmJow View Post
    I dont mean to sound rude or insult but if you werent clever enough to use anon's or my brief instructions Just go to your local PC store ... and purchase a copy of NERO (they are probably selling 9) and it will probably set you back 30 euros but if your willing to waste money on dual layer dvd's to burn one movie onto a disc i dont think a once off price of 30 euros will kill ya now instructions

1. INSTALL NERO

2. PUT IN KEY FOUND ON/IN BOX TO REGISTER

3. CLCIK ON NERO ONCE ITS DONE

4. CLICK ON NERO VISION

5. SELECT MAKE DVD AND DVD VIDEO

6. DRAG AND DROP OR SELECT IMPORT THE AVI FILE IT SHOULD APPEAR IN THE BIG WHITE AREA

7. KEEP PRESSING OK, IF YOUR NOT BOTHERED ABOUT CHANGING THE MENU BACKGROUND FOR
    THE DVD

8. IM BORED NOW THERES MORE SETTINGS BUT I CANT BE BOTHERED EXPLAINING ...
    JUST PUT A BLANK DVD R IN THE YOUR DISC DRIVE AND SELECT BURN TO DISC ONCE ITS DONE

9. THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND YOU SHOULD BE FINE (BEST STEP LOL)

10. PUT YOUR NEWLY MADE MOVIE INTO A REGULAR DVD PLAYER AND ENJOY
    Thank you GrimmJow and Anon123 for the time and effort you spent on teaching Dumbo here convert movies onto dvd's. It was very kind of you both, thanks a million.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pussy Eater View Post
    Thanks Peter and Anon123 and GrimmJow, cracked it at last. The way I did it was to download the movie onto Realplayer and got myself Express Burn (free software) and burnt it successfully. Only downside was if the movie was 1hr 20 mins, it took 1 hr 20 mins to convert and an additional 1 hr 20 mins to burn it, but however it worked.. Thanks lads.

Footlong, when you say "Download the movie onto ReaPlayer" do you mean that you use RealPlayer to convert the file from one format to another?

Something is not quite right when it takes 1 Hr, 20 Minutes to burn the movie to a blank DVD - at the most it should take around 15 - 20 Minutes.

Assuming you have a reasonably powerful PC, the speed at which you can burn will be dictated by either [A] the speed of the DVD writer, or [B] the stated speed of the blank DVD. Whichever is the lowest of the two is your maximum burning speed. For the best results I would advise you to not burn at maximum speed as allowed by your software. I always choose something like 8X, 12X or 16X.

Try a few experiments to see whats works best for you using re-writable DVD's - that way you won't end up with a pile of wasted discs if things go wrong.

We will make a video pirate out of you yet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12