Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Face masks to be mandatory

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    I know the surgical masks can steam up glasses but I wonder do the cloth 1s or a scarf do the same thing ?

My nose gets as itchy as feck wearing a mask and I can't get it off quick enough even after a short time.

I really feel for any workers that have to wear them all day.

they are a disaster if you have glasses, the head visors are the way to go for retail workers, far easier to deal with although i'm finding it increasingly hard to hear what people are saying behind masks and glass screens

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMonique View Post
    I don't think it is just ego or pride... It is very difficult to wear a face mask with glasses as they continually steam up so spare a thought for the visually impaired... Its easy to take your vision for granted when you have it ��
    correct, I wore one yesterday and it hurt my ears, i had to take it down as it was a foreign doctor and he could not understand me, also these masks would steam up your glasses but I wear to protect others but for sure It would make my visits very quick in shops and would tend to do it online if i could rather than the highstreet
    Last edited by sineater; 16-07-20 at 11:08.

Im going to start playing my tiny fiddle for yas.I really would feel a sense of shame not to wear a mask.

I know the surgical masks can steam up glasses but I wonder do the cloth 1s or a scarf do the same thing ?

My nose gets as itchy as feck wearing a mask and I can't get it off quick enough even after a short time.

the visors or face shields are much better and feel less restrictive and when staff speak you can understand them or lip read them

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by sineater View Post
    the visors or face shields are much better and feel less restrictive and when staff speak you can understand them or lip read them
    Can you lip read ? I often wondered if you lip read someone in a mirror do they talk backwards ?
    Hello darkness my old friend.....

The visors stop spittle landing upon you.Masks filter the air you breathe in.Learn sign language or bring a notepad and pen. emoh ffo kcuf
    Last edited by DeletedMuser; 16-07-20 at 11:24.

Blog Entries

Any mask that has a gap around the top of the nose will cause glasses to steam up. I was recommended one that has an insert you can mould to the top of your nose. Also...bigger glasses that reach the top of the mask and hold it down against your cheeks.
    Last edited by GOSHH; 16-07-20 at 11:27.
    This profile is used by Billie - the Community Support Worker at GOSHH.
    support@goshh.ie 0872192848 061314354 www.goshh.ie

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GOSHH For This Useful Post:

DeletedMuser (16-07-20)

Can you lip read ? I often wondered if you lip read someone in a mirror do they talk backwards ?
    yes they all use them in all chemists and its make the experience so much better and they said its a help for older people too, they are light too for staff to wear and much preferred

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DeletedMuser View Post
    Im going to start playing my tiny fiddle for yas.I really would feel a sense of shame not to wear a mask.
    Aren't you the definition of arrogance 💋 i have the perfect mask for you

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MistressMonique For This Useful Post:

DeletedMuser (16-07-20)

Thanks i have my own that say´ Dont be ignorant wear a mask ‘ on them.Thanks for caring.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DeletedMuser For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (19-07-20)

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast