Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: its better without the crowds

Reviews

Default its better without the crowds

I fine watching sports such as boxing, MMA etc better with the audience or crowds there,

2. The Following User Says Thank You to seriousguy For This Useful Post:

RickyBobby (30-05-20)

Quote Originally Posted by seriousguy View Post
    I fine watching sports such as boxing, MMA etc better with the audience or crowds there,
    Do you mean better with the crowds? I think you do.

But I would agree, I've watched a bit of the Bundesliga and with no atmosphere its a bit like watching a meaningless friendly. I'm glad football is coming back, people need it and its a sign we're starting to return to some bit of normality, but with all that's gone on in the last few months I'm nowhere near as excited as I thought I would be. Even when it does come back, once Liverpool wrap it up in the first week or so I don't think I'll have a whole lot of interest after that.

Same with golf, with nobody cheering on the course, I think that could be difficult viewing also.
    Shake'n'bake

Reviews

It will be interesting to see since the EPL and EFL will have no crowds, will staff be told not to swear and could they be punished if they do?

I'm fine with players and managers swearing hear and there at a big moment, but it could be a issue with British and Irish players and managers if their swearing every 5 seconds (I assume people swearing in foreign languages won't be punished)

Quote Originally Posted by RickyBobby View Post

But I would agree, I've watched a bit of the Bundesliga and with no atmosphere its a bit like watching a meaningless friendly. I'm glad football is coming back, people need it and its a sign we're starting to return to some bit of normality, but with all that's gone on in the last few months I'm nowhere near as excited as I thought I would be. Even when it does come back, once Liverpool wrap it up in the first week or so I don't think I'll have a whole lot of interest after that.

Same with golf, with nobody cheering on the course, I think that could be difficult viewing also.
    The sport i most look forward to returning is Formula 1. Motorsport doesn't really need a crowd. Infact no stupid shots of the crowd during the race means it's an upgrade

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by RickyBobby View Post

no without the audience, take latest MMA fights where no crowds, it was better as you could hear the punches and kicks so much more clearer and was better viewing

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by jre679 View Post
    The sport i most look forward to returning is Formula 1. Motorsport doesn't really need a crowd. Infact no stupid shots of the crowd during the race means it's an upgrade
    They are attempting to get in the eight races needed to call it a championship. Latest idea;
    F1 2020 opening calendar

3-5 July - Austrian Grand Prix (Red Bull Ring)

10-12 July - Steiermark Grand Prix (Red Bull Ring)

17-19 July - Hungarian Grand Prix (Hungaroring)

31 July-2 August - British Grand Prix (Silverstone)

7-9 August - 70th Anniversary Grand Prix (Silverstone)

14-16 August - Spanish Grand Prix

28-30 August - Belgian Grand Prix

4-6 September - Italian Grand Prix

Then perhaps add a few more if the situation (the virus) permits. Best laid plans.......

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

jre679 (10-06-20)

Reviews

Just heard that players and managers will be allowed to swear but will be reminded to limit it before the match, whatever that means about the amount of and aggression of swearing permitted I'm not sure

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    They are attempting to get in the eight races needed to call it a championship. Latest idea;
    F1 2020 opening calendar

3-5 July - Austrian Grand Prix (Red Bull Ring)

10-12 July - Steiermark Grand Prix (Red Bull Ring)

17-19 July - Hungarian Grand Prix (Hungaroring)

31 July-2 August - British Grand Prix (Silverstone)

7-9 August - 70th Anniversary Grand Prix (Silverstone)

14-16 August - Spanish Grand Prix

28-30 August - Belgian Grand Prix

4-6 September - Italian Grand Prix

Then perhaps add a few more if the situation (the virus) permits. Best laid plans.......
    Couldn't be more excited. Already booked off Friday 3rd July so i can fully enjoy those first few practice sessions. It's been way too long...

I totally agree that sport without crowds is better. Then there is nothing to distract you from the action going on.

12. Default

Unfortunately I have to disagree on that. Sport without crowds is really sad and unnatural

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast