Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Keelings fruit pickers

Reviews

Default Keelings fruit pickers

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolverine For This Useful Post:

RayDonovan (19-04-20)

Reviews

I was told it yesterday and could not believe it, but don't agree with this at all, at least Now they are in quarantine just my opinion
    Last edited by seriousguy; 19-04-20 at 17:18.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to seriousguy For This Useful Post:

Wolverine (19-04-20)

Reviews

Well let’s see, it’s food production so fruit pickers would be classed as essential workers, these jobs were advertised by Keelings weeks ago and surprise surprise, very few applications from Irish residents who no doubt consider these kinds of jobs beneath them, so I’ve no problem with this as long as they quarantine. I honestly think this is good old fashioned Irish racism

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg30 For This Useful Post:

beautyaddict (19-04-20), Dub Lad (19-04-20), Opium1985 (20-04-20), RayDonovan (19-04-20), Wolverine (19-04-20)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg30 View Post
    Well let’s see, it’s food production so fruit pickers would be classed as essential workers, these jobs were advertised by Keelings weeks ago and surprise surprise, very few applications from Irish residents who no doubt consider these kinds of jobs beneath them, so I’ve no problem with this as long as they quarantine. I honestly think this is good old fashioned Irish racism
    There's a lot of people out of work here. Racism towards who ? If a company here refused foreign employee's that would be racism.

Is it ok for a company to exclude Irish applicants ? That to me is unfair too. Not saying that's what Keelings are doing but this looks suspicious to me.
    Last edited by Wolverine; 19-04-20 at 17:37.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    There's a lot of people out of work here. Racism towards who ? If a company here refused foreign employee's that would be racism.

Is it ok for a company to exclude Irish applicants ? That to me is unfair too. Not saying that's what Keelings are doing but this looks suspicious to me.
    Hi, they were advetising jobs up to 3 weeks ago and still are....you are more than welcome to apply for the jobs, truth is, Irish people won't work for minimum wage doing back breaking work when they can collect 350e a week sitting down....

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dub Lad For This Useful Post:

Mrbean76 (19-04-20), Opium1985 (20-04-20), Wolverine (19-04-20)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg30 View Post
    They were health screened and quarantined, to me any kind of farm work is essential, there is jobs on other farms looking for lettuce pickers too, anyone can apply for these jobs. I don't understand what people who are so angry want? Let good food and crops die out? Which is an absolute horrific thing to do considering the millions of Indians with fuck all food in lockdown. What a great country we are that we can boycott and let good food die out.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dub Lad For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Reviews

https://www.independent.ie/business/farming/

It's a good section to have a read on and they have an article

https://www.independent.ie/business/...-39137692.html

Free to read.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Lad View Post
    Hi, they were advetising jobs up to 3 weeks ago and still are....you are more than welcome to apply for the jobs, truth is, Irish people won't work for minimum wage doing back breaking work when they can collect 350e a week sitting down....
    Thanks for your input but I disagree. I know Irish people who'd run through you for work now. Most were minimum wage pub or hotel workers.

Won't apply myself as I'm the other side of the country and still ticking over thankfully.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolverine For This Useful Post:

Dub Lad (19-04-20)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Thanks for your input but I disagree. I know Irish people who'd run through you for work now. Most were minimum wage pub or hotel workers.

Won't apply myself as I'm the other side of the country and still ticking over thankfully.
    Have they applied, there is an abundance of seasonal work on farms at the moment...?

https://www.jobsireland.ie/en-US/job-Details?id=2144640 x 10 jobs

You have to go looking for a job, they won't come knocking on your door.

I see another company looking for 40 fruit pickers....
    Last edited by Dub Lad; 19-04-20 at 18:02.

Reviews

What do you think the reaction would have been if the people out of work here were told to head for the strawberry sheds on Monday, they’d be uproar from the majority of them, there were loads of unemployed for the last three years who wouldn’t even apply for jobs like these, when were Irish applicants excluded?, they excluded themselves years ago from manual jobs like this, don’t kid yourself that there isn’t an element of racism involved against these Bulgarians, the media love a good “ foreigners taking out jobs” feeding frenzy, 350 a week to do zero or have do some hard manual labour, easy choice for your average Irish person
    Last edited by Floki; 20-04-20 at 10:11.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg30 For This Useful Post:

Opium1985 (20-04-20)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast