Thread: Dumb People and Guns

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbean76 View Post

You can never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers and

unfortunately there are a lot of stupid people

in America with guns.

It's quite scary actually!!
    1 . Indeed !

2 . Very true ! There are a lot of them in Every Country !

3 . Yep , too many guns in US . There’s no feasible innocent reason why

civilians should have access to assault weapons and automatic firearm .
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

funboy71 (16-04-20)

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    In some states in the USA, gun shops are considered essential and are except from lock-down rules, rather like food shops.
    True . And Mad ! X

Politicians will cater to their constituents .

Mad .

4. Default

You'll never take guns away from civilians in America , no government would dare to try. It would be political suicide.
    There are large swaths of US where they still hunt for food .

Alaska . Florida Gator country . Arizona . Appalachia , etc.

They wouldn’t be the ‘sporting types’ w assault and auto weapons .

Rather the long range rifle , sometimes traditional revolvers / handguns .

: No one will take Their guns away ! No one should !

5. Default

You'll never take guns away from civilians in America , no government would dare to try. It would be political suicide.
    There Was a weapons Buy Back program Years ago - under Democratic leadership ...

There Was the Assault Weapons Ban - which got rolled back under Republican leadership .

I own a gun . A .38 Revolver . Go to the range regularly .

I like having it . No fear . Always at hand . Live alone , no kids .

Whenever in the past ( all back to Uni days ) I moved to a new neighborhood ,

I let it be known I have , I Own a gun . : always could leave my front door wide open

while inside , ‘they’ never came to My house .

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Mrbean76 (16-04-20)

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Harrybigtoe View Post
    Don't think the main issue of this thread is about guns and gun control.
    It's more to do with the stupidity and selfishness of DT supporters and the possible dangers that migh arise in the coming weeks as a result of his lead (DT) and their actions.
    Indeed .

That was my intended point xx

Dumb people acting dumbly in face of Covid .

Chafing at the restrictions , risking the whole of Society .

Criminal .

#Fish stinks from the head .

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

funboy71 (16-04-20), Harrybigtoe (16-04-20)

Reviews

It is a very complex issue, if you've ever had a moose or a bear walk through your back yard where your toddler is playing you might be glad of a firearm.

The sheer availability of guns is also an issue that becomes self propelling. Because criminals most likely have guns, the general population feel the need to protect themselves similarly.

We in Europe who have not lived or grown up in that culture can find it crazy but it is their culture.

Automatic, high capacity weapons have no place in the general public, and the vast majority of people agree with that, just a very vocal minority are able to apply pressure and have so far been quite successful in their lobbying.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gonzo76 For This Useful Post:

Mrbean76 (16-04-20)

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Indeed .

That was my intended point xx

Dumb people acting dumbly in face of Covid .

Chafing at the restrictions , risking the whole of Society .

Criminal .

#Fish stinks from the head .
    Times of divisiveness ahead.
    Possibly here too.

Heard a young newspaper reporter the other day on radio stating that all restrictions should be lifted come May 5th.
    Saying only the weak and the old should be isolated away, as young folk deserve a life.
    @ JFBSSKC

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    In some states in the USA, gun shops are considered essential and are except from lock-down rules, rather like food shops.
    They are probably busier than ever at the moment.
    We have two lives , the second begins when we realise we only have one .....

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    There Was a weapons Buy Back program Years ago - under Democratic leadership ...

There Was the Assault Weapons Ban - which got rolled back under Republican leadership .

I own a gun . A .38 Revolver . Go to the range regularly .

I like having it . No fear . Always at hand . Live alone , no kids .

Whenever in the past ( all back to Uni days ) I moved to a new neighborhood ,

I let it be known I have , I Own a gun . : always could leave my front door wide open

while inside , ‘they’ never came to My house .
    I own guns here , they are licensed of course. I do understand why civilians in America would want to have a firearm at home just in case, I do think it is ridiculous how they are allowed to walk around with high powered weapons in public in certain states though.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo76 View Post
    It is a very complex issue, if you've ever had a moose or a bear walk through your back yard where your toddler is playing you might be glad of a firearm.

The sheer availability of guns is also an issue that becomes self propelling. Because criminals most likely have guns, the general population feel the need to protect themselves similarly.

We in Europe who have not lived or grown up in that culture can find it crazy but it is their culture.

Automatic, high capacity weapons have no place in the general public, and the vast majority of people agree with that, just a very vocal minority are able to apply pressure and have so far been quite successful in their lobbying.
    I never intend to live in America but if I did I'd feel much safer if I had a gun . I'd want a gun for protection against two legged threats though not local wildlife. My cannine friend can take care of the four legged animals. Pro gun lobbyists in America say guns don't kill people, people do. That's true to a certain extent but you're absolutely right about the madness of civilians walking around with high powered weapons in public.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast