Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Boris in Hospital

Reviews

Get a virus and it seems to come with a sainthood, I hope he recovers and returns home to his partner but he is a blustering bluffer and the poster boy for all that’s wrong with society, an entitled public schoolboy who’ll do what’s beneficial for his buddies before what’s good for his country

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg30 For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (07-04-20), jekyl69 (07-04-20), whoseyourdaddy (07-04-20)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg30 View Post
    Get a virus and it seems to come with a sainthood, I hope he recovers and returns home to his partner but he is a blustering bluffer and the poster boy for all that’s wrong with society, an entitled public schoolboy who’ll do what’s beneficial for his buddies before what’s good for his country

Well said. Dont wish BoJo any harm but maybe its opportunistic to think that it may teach him a thing or two , unlikely given his bombasitc and egocentric attitude but Im a born optimist so , maybe....

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jekyl69 For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (07-04-20), Heisenberg30 (07-04-20), whoseyourdaddy (07-04-20)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg30 View Post
    When he recovers I doubt he’ll be any wiser or more compassionate, it’s a virus not a epiphany
    I'd say there have been many epiphanies in an ICU
    Last edited by whoseyourdaddy; 08-04-20 at 00:03.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whoseyourdaddy For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (07-04-20), Wolverine (26-04-20)

Reviews

From Skynews
    Worth a read, not only for info about Boris, but about Covid-19 in general. It ishHard to separate the wheat from the chaff and get good information about the virus.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...overy-11970172

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    From Skynews
    Worth a read, not only for info about Boris, but about Covid-19 in general. It ishHard to separate the wheat from the chaff and get good information about the virus.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...overy-11970172
    From the above;

It is important we protect ourselves - not just to stay alive , but to avoid occupying critical care beds.

Boris Johnson, is 55. 73% of patients in an intensive care unit (ICU) - are men, mostly in older middle age.
    The disease is more fatal for people older than this age range but many older sufferers do not make it to the ICU.

There are more men in critical care in their 50s than in their 70s.
    The average age of admission to critical care is 60.

Most are still receiving treatment so we must be careful about drawing conclusions, but there are currently outcomes for 690 patients, around half of whom have died. This shows just how serious admission to critical care is for most patients.

Specifically about Boris;
    Boris has not been placed on a mechanical ventilator, instead receiving "standard oxygen treatment".
    • Patients who don't go on a ventilator in the first 24 hours in an ICU survive 83% of the time.
    • Those who are put on a ventilator in that period have a much lower survival rate - just 32%.

Reviews

he is stable now, thats good news

10. The Following User Says Thank You to seriousguy For This Useful Post:

Floki (08-04-20)

Reviews

I see Boris singled out 2 nurses in particular for special thanks, one from New Zealand and the other from Portugal.

I wonder would they be allowed entry to the UK when the new Brexit immigration rules are introduced?
    Are we there yet ?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    I see Boris singled out 2 nurses in particular for special thanks, one from New Zealand and the other from Portugal.

I wonder would they be allowed entry to the UK when the new Brexit immigration rules are introduced?
    Yes as nursing and similar professions will not be affected much at all from the new Brexit immigration rules

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by seriousguy View Post
    Yes as nursing and similar professions will not be affected much at all from the new Brexit immigration rules
    Are you serious? Many frontline workers do not have the relevant qualifications that would allow them to enter the country under Priti Patel's new restrictions.
    Not only the health service will suffer but the hospitality and horticultural industries and many others will suffer from these restrictions.
    Are we there yet ?

Reviews

so Boris back out and recuperating at the lavish Chequers while the Frontline workers who saved his life are still working in nightmare conditions without any or proper PPE, its unbelievable at this stage its not been addressed properly and whats worse is the lies of the policiations

15. The Following User Says Thank You to seriousguy For This Useful Post:

philipkntz (13-04-20)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast