Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mask 😷 UP !

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
    Oh and those persplex glass shields every shop has gone mad on installing aint go to do jack shit either. If the virus builds up in the air, they are pointless.

IMO the best thing shops could do is have really good ventilation.
    when we talk we all tend to spit some and invisible particles are released and we do get very close to each other at checkout, that the reason for those, They are useful more in places such in chemists etc, most chemists here are only letting one person in at a time
    Last edited by seriousguy; 05-04-20 at 14:28.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo76 View Post
    They do serve a purpose if someone coughs or sneezes. You're right about the viral load in the air but what we've been told so far is that it requires droplets to be transmitted, so the screen should stop the vast majority of that
    I am reading about more and more examples where people are catching Covid 19 through the air. Just read about twenty old people in a choir in america that all met up. They did not shake their hands, they did not cough nor sneeze. They used the hand sanitizer. Yet they all ended up getting infected and two of them have died.

Read another similar case about a party in LA.

All the date points to the fact that this is spread in the air in contained compact areas. People dont like hearing that. I dont care.

Osterholm has repeatedly being saying this.
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

Reviews

I am reading about more and more examples where people are catching Covid 19 through the air. Just read about twenty old people in a choir in america that all met up. They did not shake their hands, they did not cough nor sneeze. They used the hand sanitizer. Yet they all ended up getting infected and two of them have died.

All the date points to the fact that this is spread in the air in contained compact areas. People dont like hearing that. I dont care.

Well yes but presumably they were all actively and enthusiastically singing in close proximity to each other.

I for one do not engage in a song-off with the cashier.

Ventilation as a solution would require wind-tunnel velocities. If the virus is truly airborne, I think we may as well throw in the towel.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo76 View Post
    Well yes but presumably they were all actively and enthusiastically singing in close proximity to each other.

I for one do not engage in a song-off with the cashier.

Ventilation as a solution would require wind-tunnel velocities. If the virus is truly airborne, I think we may as well throw in the towel.
    Its not airborne. Little droplets float in the air longer than bigger droplets that just fall to ground.

So if you are on a train packed full, loads of people will get infected.

Osterholm says as well that there will be a shortage of parts for devices in the future. Given that so many countries are going into lockdown.

So now is the time to buy that new mobile phone or whatever.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

To be fair, 2 and half hours of 60 choir members in close proximity is always going to be a risk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dub Lad For This Useful Post:

Meursault (05-04-20)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Osterholm says as well that there will be a shortage of parts for devices in the future. Given that so many countries are going into lockdown.

So now is the time to buy that new mobile phone or whatever.
    It's made mw think all those valuable minerals used in a phone that is thrown away after a couple of years could be used in medical equipment and drugs, these are limited resources.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dub Lad For This Useful Post:

Meursault (05-04-20)

Quote Originally Posted by IrishSarahBarra View Post
    Your avatar looks like the father of my children.
    Yours looks like the mother of mine.
    Last edited by Palatine; 05-04-20 at 14:45. Reason: (not really though. might change my avatar to pantybliss now to mess up your post)

Reviews

Oh and those persplex glass shields every shop has gone mad on installing aint go to do jack shit either. If the virus builds up in the air, they are pointless.

IMO the best thing shops could do is have really good ventilation.
    I've seen one on those screens after a child sneezed while in her mothers arms. Sorry I didn't take a pic to show what the shop assistant would have been on the receiving end of.
    Smokers in particular are always coughing and wheezing all over staff, when this is all over I think a lot of those screens will be staying up or upgraded.
    Masks aren't much protection against virus unless you have plenty of them, you have been trained to use them and you change them often.
    My wife caught me wearing ladies underwear and threatened to leave me.
    So I packed up all her clothes
    And left.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to philipkntz For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (05-04-20), Meursault (05-04-20)

Reviews

I don't go out so don't need one.
    I chase everyone from my door as want to see no one.
    I chose not to listen to the news as they only tell the bad news. I hate this virus for what its doing to me, my girls and everyone else but like my psychiatrist told me and its true you can't kill a virus but they are not alive, they need us to live.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast