Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Garda Patrols

Default Garda Patrols

Hi just wondering since the lock down Friday. Has anyone ventured over 2Km from their home and been actually stopped by a Garda Patrol.
    Move out of the Capital the & tour the Emerald Isle

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Limerickguy1 View Post
    Hi just wondering since the lock down Friday. Has anyone ventured over 2Km from their home and been actually stopped by a Garda Patrol.
    I haven't tried to leave my town so I don't know, I'm sure they will get much stricter in the coming days though.
    We have two lives , the second begins when we realise we only have one .....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrbean76 For This Useful Post:

Ryankelvin (29-03-20)

Reviews

The 2km is only on exercise type activities, you can travel further for shopping, essential work, MOT, or doctor or pharmacy visits and so on

Reviews

Drove into town to pick up a few things and saw no gardai at all, very few people about although I did notice a good few NI reg cars, why haven’t we closed the border to Sunday drivers?, the north is on lockdown the same as us

6. Default

Been stopped by guards, when I went food shopping. I know new rule allows outside 2km for food shopping but was within 2km of home anyway.
    Was on way back and explained that to the Guard. He asked to see Grocery receipt, he then checked time on receipt, again I know I didn't have to give him receipt but was happy to do so. Heard a lot of people who said they have been stopped and asked questions about why they were out, where they were going, etc. All happy to supply info, any other time they would have told guards to eff off.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Duracell2019 For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (29-03-20)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Duracell2019 View Post
    Been stopped by guards, when I went food shopping. I know new rule allows outside 2km for food shopping but was within 2km of home anyway.
    Was on way back and explained that to the Guard. He asked to see Grocery receipt, he then checked time on receipt, again I know I didn't have to give him receipt but was happy to do so. Heard a lot of people who said they have been stopped and asked questions about why they were out, where they were going, etc. All happy to supply info, any other time they would have told guards to eff off.
    Why in the name of god would anybody protest about being asked a few simple questions, especially now, the Gardai are putting up with an awful lot of crap simply for trying to keep us safe

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg30 For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (29-03-20), Duracell2019 (29-03-20), funboy71 (30-03-20), homealone1 (29-03-20)

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg30 View Post
    Why in the name of god would anybody protest about being asked a few simple questions, especially now, the Gardai are putting up with an awful lot of crap simply for trying to keep us safe
    absolutely,glad we are in agreement,would hope that everyone who is stopped by the guards would answer questions about why they were out and where they were going

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Duracell2019 For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (29-03-20), Heisenberg30 (29-03-20)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Duracell2019 View Post
    absolutely,glad we are in agreement,would hope that everyone who is stopped by the guards would answer questions about why they were out and where they were going
    What's your point then?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg30 View Post
    Image getting neg rep for this comment, there really are some serious idiots in the world ��

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg30 For This Useful Post:

homealone1 (30-03-20)

Reviews

Gardai are not doing enough in my area.
    I notice a number of people bending the rules to suit themselves.
    Going to the shop several times a day, buying one item at a time, travelling by the scenic route.
    They need to be told that this is unacceptable.
    Gardai need to be given more power.
    Barbed wire and POW style camps, or people power, are necessary to control some people.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to philipkntz For This Useful Post:

aliciasexy (30-03-20)

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast