Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F1

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by HONESTJOHN View Post
    Hamilton wanted all races cancelled and he has a point
    I wonder if Hamilton if willing to give up his massive paycheck aswell.

Reviews

F1 is working on plans to run as long a season as possible once races can be held.
    The summer break has been moved forward from August to March and April, with teams choosing a three-week period in that time to close.
    Australia, Bahrain, Vietnam, China Netherlands, Spain and Monaco have all been postponed.
    Monaco, Brazil, Spain, China and Australia are pencilled in as not taking place at all. They are working on plans for a reduced number of races from the 22 originally scheduled.
    At present, the plan is to start the season with the Azerbaijan Grand Prix on 7 June. I think this is a hope, rather than an expectation. It seems unlikely the crisis will have abated enough by then to restart the season.

Reviews

Sad to hear of the passing of Sterling Moss , the greatest driver to never become world champion, heard some lovely tributes to him today, what Eddie Jordan said was really nice, F1 is a different game today than it was when Sterling was racing

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ryankelvin For This Useful Post:

Floki (13-04-20), SteveB (12-04-20), westcorklad (12-04-20)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ryankelvin View Post
    Sad to hear of the passing of Sterling Moss , the greatest driver to never become world champion, heard some lovely tributes to him today, what Eddie Jordan said was really nice, F1 is a different game today than it was when Sterling was racing
    I think in his day it was about the racer more than car or the team behind it. A great driver, it is hard to believe he never won a championship

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

Ryankelvin (12-04-20), westcorklad (12-04-20)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryankelvin View Post
    My sister and her husband did a sarfri trip with Sterling and Lady Moss in Africa a few years ago.
    It was for a charity event, which was based on my sister's husbands idea.

Sterling Moss was happy to take apart.

They spent 5 days together travelling around the plains and stayed in the the same hotel and flew on his private jet.

Sterling and Lady Moss had a great time.
    Sterling even signed a couple of books and photos, one book with a personal note in.

My sister of course was sad to here about it.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    I think in his day it was about the racer more than car or the team behind it. A great driver, it is hard to believe he never won a championship
    It took skill to be a driver back then, now, if you got some skill and can handle high tech advanced flying machines you are on to a winner, once you build the perfect racing machine now you got it in the bag really

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12