Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F1

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Sad to hear of the passing of Sterling Moss , the greatest driver to never become world champion, heard some lovely tributes to him today, what Eddie Jordan said was really nice, F1 is a different game today than it was when Sterling was racing

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ryankelvin For This Useful Post:

Floki (13-04-20), SteveB (12-04-20), westcorklad (12-04-20)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ryankelvin View Post
    Sad to hear of the passing of Sterling Moss , the greatest driver to never become world champion, heard some lovely tributes to him today, what Eddie Jordan said was really nice, F1 is a different game today than it was when Sterling was racing
    I think in his day it was about the racer more than car or the team behind it. A great driver, it is hard to believe he never won a championship

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

Ryankelvin (12-04-20), westcorklad (12-04-20)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    I think in his day it was about the racer more than car or the team behind it. A great driver, it is hard to believe he never won a championship
    It took skill to be a driver back then, now, if you got some skill and can handle high tech advanced flying machines you are on to a winner, once you build the perfect racing machine now you got it in the bag really

Quote Originally Posted by Ryankelvin View Post
    My sister and her husband did a sarfri trip with Sterling and Lady Moss in Africa a few years ago.
    It was for a charity event, which was based on my sister's husbands idea.

Sterling Moss was happy to take apart.

They spent 5 days together travelling around the plains and stayed in the the same hotel and flew on his private jet.

Sterling and Lady Moss had a great time.
    Sterling even signed a couple of books and photos, one book with a personal note in.

My sister of course was sad to here about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12