Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Quit smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleted View Post
    Ha ha, I was there! Back in 2014 constantly chewing nicorette..then I switched to EXTRA chewing gum - was still like a cow, constantly chewing

I am doing the same again now - plenty of chewing gum..
    It never subsides, the urge to have a cigarette. Worst thing you can do is start. I have tried to give up the gum and still cannot.

The only good thing is smoking is the least harmful of all the addictions, that are generally thought of as bad. I would prefer to be a smoker than an alcoholic or gambler.
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Meursault For This Useful Post:

It does as it says on the packet.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeletedMuser For This Useful Post:

IAmBecomeDerp (14-07-20)

“Do you smoke after sex?, I don’t know I’ve never looked”
    the old ones are the best ones 😀

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DonDraper51 For This Useful Post:

IAmBecomeDerp (14-07-20)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bigmango View Post
    Unfortunately smoking is often associated with specific things that we do like having a cup of coffee, pint, after a meal......so for months afterwards these events would bring back an urge. Thankfully the strength of the urge got less over a few months. I was a heavy smoker 60 a day......usually had a cig before I got up in the morning with a cup of coffee....My method over 25 years ago without any aids was to cut down to 10 a day.......this provided long gaps in the day without a cig......then stopped altogether after 4/6 weeks.......Sometimes still dream I am smoking.......definitely a mind thing.......Its far too easy to tell yourself just one more and you will quit - this does not usually work.......good luck with any method you try
    Quote Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
    It never subsides, the urge to have a cigarette. Worst thing you can do is start. I have tried to give up the gum and still cannot.

The only good thing is smoking is the least harmful of all the addictions, that are generally thought of as bad. I would prefer to be a smoker than an alcoholic or gambler.
    No longer get the urge for a cig........get other urges

Still dream I am smoking.............................

Hate.....hate......anyone vaping near me.......I am more vocal against vapers than cig smokers......long term effects unknown about vaping chemicals
    Last edited by bigmango; 14-07-20 at 17:58. Reason: Vaping - Uuuugh !!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigmango For This Useful Post:

Meursault (14-07-20)

I would disagree.. addiction is an addiction..smoking is as bad as any other: )

We, addicts, can overcome our weaknesses the moment we realise we have them; ) you will be grand, you are not the only one suffering - give it time!
    I am not too bad with the gum. Down to two 2mg ones in the evening. I just cannot quit them though.

I read somewhere that the best solution to quitting smoking is to never start.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meursault For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bigmango View Post
    No longer get the urge for a cig........get other urges

Still dream I am smoking.............................

Hate.....hate......anyone vaping near me.......I am more vocal against vapers than cig smokers......long term effects unknown about vaping chemicals
    Just trade one addiction for another. I think that was in a song or something.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Meursault For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by HeyThereDahlia View Post
    Slightly of topic but ....
    I just checked out your photos Maksim ,
    Your link was never open
    Before so was curious

Your absolutely gorgeous.

Fabulous black lingerie and that fitted sexy black dress .

Fit
    And fabulous ❤️

Wishing you a successful week
    This is the sort of off topic we can be doing with here Daisy and I totally agree, absolutely fantastic photos and video. Allannah Myles song will be in my head going to bed tonight MakSim!
    Hello darkness my old friend.....

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

IAmBecomeDerp (14-07-20)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by DonDraper51 View Post
    but the other side of that is that nobody really knows the long term effects of vaping, anything containing chemicals has an inherent risk of some type, probably just as well to try and go cold turkey if possible or a gradual cut down in usage

I'm not disagreeing there, your lungs are adapted to one function and one function only. Inhaling air. Anything else you shove in there is not covered under the terms of service and may void your warranty. Statutory rights and all that good shit.

My issue is with the disinformation being unwittingly propagated by some folks. Putting aside the large concerted effort by pharma and tobacco governmental lobbying to shut vaping down and looking solely at unbiased evidence based studies from the likes of John Hopkins University it becomes clear that there is a massive difference in long and short term effects health-wise between smoking and vaping. I mean, a cursory look at the list of ingredients for a typical sample of each product should be enough for even the most 'vape' skeptical to admit that something doesn't add up with the prevailing narrative.

If you can go cold turkey, or you have the remarkable degree of will power required to gradually phase it out, then that's the way to go. I couldn't so you'd be a better man than I. I tried everything, repeatedly over a number of years, before landing on vape tech. I could have stopped vaping much sooner than I did but I was afraid to in case I slipped and fell back into the smoking trap. So I kept vaping until I just gradually over time lost interest in it. I still have a vape device in my glove box and at my desk, just in case.

Quitting was one of the hardest thing I've ever done and I have great respect for anyone who manages it, however they go about it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to IAmBecomeDerp For This Useful Post:

Reviews

It is all relative, I used to vape for the past 5 years while smoking.. Not good

Whole reason for me stopping both was to eliminate toxins from the system.. They do CBD vape fluids with 0 nicotine..

Everybody is different - whatever works, right!

You're really, really, REALLY not meant to be doing both at the same time.
    But I'm not one in a position to talk. For the first three weeks of vaping I was wearing nicoteen patches.

So yeah - whatever works.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to IAmBecomeDerp For This Useful Post:

You are the weak.It is by will alone you set your mind in motion.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast