Page 12 of 142 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Six nations rugby

Reviews

Sexton had his worse day ever in an Irish Jersey. We were outplayed in every department. Wait till we meet France and then you will see all their short comings. You can't replace a word class manager like Joe Schmidt and just carry on as before. We will go backwards with the new manager and his style of play

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by gentelmandave View Post
    Sexton had his worse day ever in an Irish Jersey. We were outplayed in every department. Wait till we meet France and then you will see all their short comings. You can't replace a word class manager like Joe Schmidt and just carry on as before. We will go backwards with the new manager and his style of play
    So you think he is not good enough? I thought Joe went backwards as a coach in his last year , I wonder if you know your going to leave in a year if your hearts still in it ?!

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willie wacker For This Useful Post:

Ryankelvin (25-02-20)

Quote Originally Posted by willie wacker View Post
    He’s 34 , gets into too many arguments with the ref , seems to be carrying a lot of knocks lately , he was a brilliant player but alas time holds back for no one.
    We’ve got to think of the next World Cup
    35 in May and he still thinks he might make the Lions next year, not a chance in hell, I wouldn't put him in the top 4 at the moment. A great servant to province and country, but Ireland need to re build and I believe he should retire from international rugby at the end of this season. I suppose if he has an IRFU contract he'll hardly want to hand back any of that dosh.
    Shake'n'bake

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RickyBobby For This Useful Post:

westcorklad (26-02-20), willie wacker (24-02-20)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by RickyBobby View Post
    35 in May and he still thinks he might make the Lions next year, not a chance in hell, I wouldn't put him in the top 4 at the moment. A great servant to province and country, but Ireland need to re build and I believe he should retire from international rugby at the end of this season. I suppose if he has an IRFU contract he'll hardly want to hand back any of that dosh.
    And with an IRFU contract , Farrell under pressure to play him

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

7. The Following User Says Thank You to willie wacker For This Useful Post:

westcorklad (25-02-20)

Reviews

Doubts over whether the Ireland -Italy match will go ahead on 7th March due to the spread of the corona virus in Italy. Two Pro 14 games scheduled for this coming weekend have been called off and travel restrictions are in force for the foreseeable future.
    The Truth is out there.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

willie wacker (25-02-20)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    The irfu announce that the ireland v italy match will not go ahead. They will try to play it at a later date. When is anyones guess as it may be hard to get a free weekend for it.
    There was a meeting of the 6 Nations committee today in which it was decided that the rest of the season`s fixtures will go ahead unless any nation`s government decide they can`t. I still can`t see how the Italy- England match will go ahead given the restrictions that are in force in Italy at present.
    Last edited by westcorklad; 02-03-20 at 22:00.
    The Truth is out there.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

Ryankelvin (03-03-20)

'5 Nations' coming back soon again?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Floki For This Useful Post:

Ryankelvin (03-03-20)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Floki View Post
    '5 Nations' coming back soon again?
    They're talking about South Africa joining a new 7 nations tournament.
    Hello darkness my old friend.....

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

Floki (03-03-20), Ryankelvin (03-03-20), westcorklad (03-03-20)

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    They're talking about South Africa joining a new 7 nations tournament.
    I would have thought it would have been a European thing, or a Northern Hemisphere thing.
    There is the Tri Nations with South Africa, Australia and New Zealand.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Floki View Post
    I would have thought it would have been a European thing, or a Northern Hemisphere thing.
    There is the Tri Nations with South Africa, Australia and New Zealand.
    You`re way behind the times Floki. That tournament has been the Rugby Championship since 2012 when Argentina joined the other 3 countries. Actually if SA were to take part in a new 7 Nations Championship it would simplify travel from a timezone point of view. As it is there are 2 South African teams in the Pro 14 competition so the Springboks joining the European countries would be the next logical step.
    The Truth is out there.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (03-03-20)