Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: General Election

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by RickyBobby View Post
    I guess the days of the majority government are probably gone, younger people have a lot less loyality to political parties.

We have 3 choices

A Fine Gael lead coalition or minority government propped up by Fianna Fail

A Fianna Fail lead coalition or minority government propped up by Fine Gael.

or

A rainbow of half wits, lefties, liars (ok, they're all liars) lead by Sinn Fein.

Take your pick from that lot!
    And was it the left that absolutely destroyed our country? was it the left that caused the tracker mortagage scandal that resulted in suicides and people losing their home because of the mistakes of banks, co-living, not building affordable homes, you must be thrilled with the right leading the country,

It pains me to stick up for politicians the truth is all politicians can be as bad as each other regardless of their ideologue, we have no real choice, vote left or right it'll still be a mess.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dub Lad For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (15-01-20), joggon (15-01-20)

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Lad View Post
    And was it the left that absolutely destroyed our country? was it the left that caused the tracker mortagage scandal that resulted in suicides and people losing their home because of the mistakes of banks, co-living, not building affordable homes, you must be thrilled with the right leading the country,

It pains me to stick up for politicians the truth is all politicians can be as bad as each other regardless of their ideologue, we have no real choice, vote left or right it'll still be a mess.
    Come down off your high horse, I didn't suggest that 1 option was better than another, they're all shite in my opinion and as you stated in the end of your post they are all the same. Its a matter of picking the best of a bad lot, that's the choice most people will facing next month.
    Last edited by RickyBobby; 15-01-20 at 14:05.
    Shake'n'bake

Reviews

Boring.

Not nearly as interesting, nor important, as EOTM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

Floki (16-01-20), RickyBobby (15-01-20)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    Politicians are under pressure about the homeless on the first day of their campaign. A homeless man sleeping in a tent by the grand canal was picked up by an industrial vehicle. Jeeze how could this happen?
    I don`t know and it`s a horrific thing to happen to anyone. However unsurprisingly both FF and FG are using this to launch attacks on each other. If there was no election round the corner would any politician have made a comment? I seriously doubt it.
    The Truth is out there.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (15-01-20), SteveB (15-01-20)

Blog Entries

Not too long ago martin said we must change the way we do politics. The system. Only thing I see changing is his power and wages. All the same now. Sf screwed the electorate IMO and Lou McDonald a traitor.

Westside.

Reviews

Other opinions are allowed
    Age doesn't equal maturity - just look around !
    Unhappy ? press ignore user in settings

Reviews

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    Ide like to give mary lou one, but she's not in my constituency.
    I don't find her attractive at all, too bossy and I wouldn't touch her with my wand

Reviews

the National Women's Council Ireland
    calling on all candidates to sign their pledge and acting as an impartial body for women while the chairperson of their Executive Board is running for Fine Gael in Dublin South West
    https://www.finegael.ie/ellen-omalle...in-south-west/

Fine Gael has announced that Ellen O’Malley Dunlop is joining Colm Brophy on the Party’s General Election ticket in Dublin South West.
    Ms O’Malley Dunlop, who is Chair of the National Women’s Council of Ireland and prior to that spent ten years as CEO of the Dublin Rape Crisis Centre, was added to the constituency ticket on Tuesday night at a meeting of Fine Gael’s Executive Council.

Reviews

I think it was very wrong to have Leo and Michael debating on Tv recently as if they were the only two options.

I predict a sharp decline in support for FF and FG.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolverine For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (25-01-20)

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast