Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hotels???

Default Hotels???

Hey guys, Happy new year to you all.

Is it just me or do you guys also get nervous when walking into a hotel and going straight for the lifts when going to meet a lady that you have booked in with??

I always think that I’m going to get stopped along the way and asked questions on what I’m doing there, it’s nerve wracking.

Has this happened to anyone else??

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAmazing View Post

Is it just me or do you guys also get nervous when walking into a hotel and going straight for the lifts when going to meet a lady that you have booked in with??

I always think that I’m going to get stopped along the way and asked questions on what I’m doing there, it’s nerve wracking.

I have NEVER been asked what I am doing in a hotel.

If you are concerned, do what the rest of us do! Go to the bog (toilets to the polite ) or go over to the bar, order a coke, ask the barman when they start or stop serving food or so on. Act like you have good reason to be there and you will be OK. Customer is always right.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

danny1man (13-01-20), S94310 (13-01-20), Stephanie (13-01-20)

Reviews

Oh, I nearly forgot. Happy New Year to you too! And happy visiting. May you never be asked any awkward questions!

Reviews

Used to but once you know where everything is, you just dander in casually.

Only really get nervous if it's one I haven't been in before but thankfully when getting room details, the lady usually tells me where the lifts are.

In saying that, the last time I was visiting a lady, was in a hotel I had no idea existed nevermind been to. Obviously I can't mention the hotel but the entrance seemed to be round the back as you had to walk round the hotel. Confusing even more is that it had a bar or restaurant on the opposite side of the reception lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyStark For This Useful Post:

SteveB (12-01-20)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by TonyStark View Post
    Used to but once you know where everything is, you just dander in casually.

Only really get nervous if it's one I haven't been in before but thankfully when getting room details, the lady usually tells me where the lifts are.

In saying that, the last time I was visiting a lady, was in a hotel I had no idea existed nevermind been to. Obviously I can't mention the hotel but the entrance seemed to be round the back as you had to walk round the hotel. Confusing even more is that it had a bar or restaurant on the opposite side of the reception lol
    Was once nervous too.
    I always remember, on your way in, if you get problems (I never have) you can always "abort" and leave. You haven't committed any offence by entering a hotel. Trust me, it won't happen, but it helps steady the nerves, if you are nervous.
    And, the only "awkward questions" are the ones you don't know the answer to. If someone asks you what you are doing, thank them profusely for their help but tell them you are OK, or you had got lost for a moment but you know where you are going now.

Unfortunately, the more nervous you look, the more suspicious you look.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

Johnny123 (14-01-20), S94310 (13-01-20), Stephanie (13-01-20)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Don't look like a homeless person with dirty hair as long as jesus and in robes, don't do that and you will be fine

Look like you are a guest at the hotel.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dub Lad For This Useful Post:

S94310 (13-01-20), Stephanie (13-01-20), SteveB (12-01-20)

The more nervous you are the more likely you are to be stopped. I walk in like i own the place and never make eye contact with reception. Never even been a hint of me being stopped.

Only time i was nervous was in a smaller hotel which required a key card to get in. Obviously some timing was required between me and the lady but we made it work.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jre679 For This Useful Post:

S94310 (13-01-20)

Reviews

When you stay in a hotel you check in and get your room key card, you never go back to reception after that before going to your room.

Reception are far too busy to worry about you.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homealone1 For This Useful Post:

Gthomas (13-01-20), S94310 (13-01-20), Stephanie (13-01-20)

Worked in Hotels in my previous life. There is so much going on that 99% of the time they don’t care who is coming and going. They are happy that your not disturbing them.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to turner For This Useful Post:

danny1man (13-01-20), Gthomas (13-01-20), homealone1 (13-01-20), liffey (14-01-20), S94310 (13-01-20), Stephanie (13-01-20)

I have two separate visits to Hotel . The first was good as in I could get to the room via an underground carpark. The 2nd one I had to walk through reception of a busy hotel . I was a bit paranoid that I'd get caught luckily this wasn't the case. Still I was a bit on edge. I think I'll stay away from hotels

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast