Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm giving up on this world.

Reviews

Default I'm giving up on this world.

As always at Christmas time my job run extra hours before Christmas so staff can be off for as many days as possible for Christmas. Today in work I was surprised to see my manager in. I was even more surprised to learn that he was in only to see me and give me a formal letter stating I have a meeting with HR tomorrow at 3pm. Apparently when leaving the previous day at 2pm I committed an act of sexual discrimination against another employee in the company car park.
    What was my act of sexual discrimination you ask? I said to a female member of staff her tyre was flat and if she wants I'll change it. She scoffed that she knew it was flat and her dad was on the way to fix it for her so I left and went home, and she went to HR to say I sexual discriminated against her for implying a girl couldn't change her own tyre.

The irony being she called her fucking dad to come change it so clearly I assumed right she couldn't change it.

My manager he had a chat with HR and there actually taking this "complaint" serious. He knows i meant nothing by offering to help and I'd help any menber of staff but unfortunately HR see it as a problem that needs to be stopped. The HR director will not allow inequality or gender based assumptions.

I've made it clear to my boss I won't be apologising or accepting any from of warning be it verbal or written.

Honestly what's the point of it all of you cant even offer to do something for someone with offence being taken.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pegmyass85 For This Useful Post:

176x (24-12-19), bmw528 (22-12-19), David Feckem (22-12-19), j81 (25-12-19), JMastodon (24-12-19), oldfool (22-12-19), Ryankelvin (23-12-19), TonyB (22-12-19)

Reviews

If this is a genuine post then this is PC gone completely mad.
    Hello darkness my old friend.....

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (22-12-19), JMastodon (24-12-19), oldfool (22-12-19), Ryankelvin (23-12-19), TonyB (22-12-19)

Reviews

Relax mate , you will be grand

6. The Following User Says Thank You to robbie9 For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (22-12-19)

Quote Originally Posted by pegmyass85 View Post
    As always at Christmas time my job run extra hours before Christmas so staff can be off for as many days as possible for Christmas. Today in work I was surprised to see my manager in. I was even more surprised to learn that he was in only to see me and give me a formal letter stating I have a meeting with HR tomorrow at 3pm. Apparently when leaving the previous day at 2pm I committed an act of sexual discrimination against another employee in the company car park.
    What was my act of sexual discrimination you ask? I said to a female member of staff her tyre was flat and if she wants I'll change it. She scoffed that she knew it was flat and her dad was on the way to fix it for her so I left and went home, and she went to HR to say I sexual discriminated against her for implying a girl couldn't change her own tyre.

The irony being she called her fucking dad to come change it so clearly I assumed right she couldn't change it.

My manager he had a chat with HR and there actually taking this "complaint" serious. He knows i meant nothing by offering to help and I'd help any menber of staff but unfortunately HR see it as a problem that needs to be stopped. The HR director will not allow inequality or gender based assumptions.

I've made it clear to my boss I won't be apologising or accepting any from of warning be it verbal or written.

Honestly what's the point of it all of you cant even offer to do something for someone with offence being taken.
    Don't be late for that meeting, I'm on the piss with my golf buddies at 3.30.
    Shake'n'bake

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by pegmyass85 View Post

It doesnt seem to pay to be nice anymore. Yer woman must be a heartless cow to be trying to get you into trouble.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bmw528 For This Useful Post:

David Feckem (22-12-19), Floki (23-12-19)

Quote Originally Posted by bmw528 View Post
    It doesnt seem to pay to be nice anymore. Yer woman must be a heartless cow to be trying to get you into trouble.
    I'd guess she's sexy though eh?

I'm just joking around, it sounds like a shit situation.
    Last edited by David Feckem; 22-12-19 at 21:06.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to David Feckem For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (22-12-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by David Feckem View Post
    I'd guess she's sexy though eh?
    Hopefully she will have four flat tyres tomorrow.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bmw528 For This Useful Post:

JMastodon (24-12-19)

Quote Originally Posted by bmw528 View Post
    Hopefully she will have four flat tyres tomorrow.
    And the four of us will volunteer to go round and mansplain changing a tyre to her
    Last edited by David Feckem; 22-12-19 at 21:08.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to David Feckem For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (22-12-19), JMastodon (24-12-19)

Reviews

His story, her story and the truth somewhere in the middle. No reasonable HR department could uphold such a complaint if it is as described by the op. Too open to litigation. I smell a rat.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to gonzo76 For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (22-12-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo76 View Post
    His story, her story and the truth somewhere in the middle. No reasonable HR department could uphold such a complaint if it is as described by the op. Too open to litigation. I smell a rat.
    Is that Rat any good at changing tyres?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast