Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm giving up on this world.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mij View Post
    Don't know. This could be a bs post, highly unlikely you'd be called out for offering to help someone.

If you are up in front of hr for real I'd say you made your offer offer of help in an inappropriate way, or else you have a general reputation in work as a sleaze and she didn't like your approach.

My guess is this post is some kind of anti women bs to be honest.
    I feel there's more to this than meets the eye, I would guess if there is any truth in this, then there was a previous misdemeanor and an opportunity was found to shaft you, basically you were on a yellow card
    I simply can't believe anyone would do this as a once of, but if you are genuine, then a random act of kindness, would never be viewed as sexual harassment

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Paulstevens View Post
    I feel there's more to this than meets the eye, I would guess if there is any truth in this, then there was a previous misdemeanor and an opportunity was found to shaft you, basically you were on a yellow card
    I simply can't believe anyone would do this as a once of, but if you are genuine, then a random act of kindness, would never be viewed as sexual harassment
    Sexual harassment? What are you on about. I said sexual discrimination.
    The member of staff in question said she felt I only asked her if she wanted me to change her tyre is because she was a women and I thought a women couldn't do it.

Anyway it's fine. She told hr this morning she made a mistake and everything was ok

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pegmyass85 For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (23-12-19), JMastodon (25-12-19), Paulstevens (23-12-19), robbie9 (25-12-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by pegmyass85 View Post
    Sexual harassment? What are you on about. I said sexual discrimination.
    The member of staff in question said she felt I only asked her if she wanted me to change her tyre is because she was a women and I thought a women couldn't do it.

Anyway it's fine. She told hr this morning she made a mistake and everything was ok
    My sincere apologies, wasn't thinking, but the important thing is that your problem is sorted, not nice having something like that hanging over you during Christmas

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paulstevens For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (23-12-19), JMastodon (25-12-19)

She needs a good roide,
    Boss in over crimbo over something so daft, she'll be pushed out by spring,

Reviews

Let the world change, you stay the same, maybe you’re right and everyone else is wrong, it’s worth a try

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by BarryJohn19 View Post
    She needs a good roide,
    Boss in over crimbo over something so daft, she'll be pushed out by spring,
    Maybe Santy might empty his Sack for her.
    Last edited by Floki; 24-12-19 at 10:32.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bmw528 For This Useful Post:

Paulstevens (24-12-19)

Reviews

Glad to hear it was resolved sensibly.
    Your original story sounded unbelievable but the facts in this case show that in this day and age you're better off keeping your head down and not offering help to anyone unless you know them very well.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mij For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (24-12-19), JMastodon (25-12-19), Paulstevens (24-12-19)

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mij View Post
    Don't know. This could be a bs post, highly unlikely you'd be called out for offering to help someone.

If you are up in front of hr for real I'd say you made your offer offer of help in an inappropriate way, or else you have a general reputation in work as a sleaze and she didn't like your approach.

My guess is this post is some kind of anti women bs to be honest.
    alot of cognitive dissonance

Quote Originally Posted by pegmyass85 View Post
    As always at Christmas time my job run extra hours before Christmas so staff can be off for as many days as possible for Christmas. Today in work I was surprised to see my manager in. I was even more surprised to learn that he was in only to see me and give me a formal letter stating I have a meeting with HR tomorrow at 3pm. Apparently when leaving the previous day at 2pm I committed an act of sexual discrimination against another employee in the company car park.
    What was my act of sexual discrimination you ask? I said to a female member of staff her tyre was flat and if she wants I'll change it. She scoffed that she knew it was flat and her dad was on the way to fix it for her so I left and went home, and she went to HR to say I sexual discriminated against her for implying a girl couldn't change her own tyre.

The irony being she called her fucking dad to come change it so clearly I assumed right she couldn't change it.

My manager he had a chat with HR and there actually taking this "complaint" serious. He knows i meant nothing by offering to help and I'd help any menber of staff but unfortunately HR see it as a problem that needs to be stopped. The HR director will not allow inequality or gender based assumptions.

I've made it clear to my boss I won't be apologising or accepting any from of warning be it verbal or written.

Honestly what's the point of it all of you cant even offer to do something for someone with offence being taken.

Just start using the female toilets at work and when the lady’s at work complain then you just simple say you are transitioning to a woman and feel more comfortable using the female toilets and put in a counter claim of discrimination against said females.

Hopefully they won’t get there knickers in a twist.

the world has gone mad, crazy crazy world, its got to the stage where no one will offer to help anyone as you just end up being accused or sued,

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast