Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loosing a close relative .....

Reviews

Default Loosing a close relative .....

How do you cope while being able to speak to that person

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to funboy71 For This Useful Post:

homealone1 (07-12-19), Paulstevens (07-12-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by funboy71 View Post
    What's the situation you are dealing with? Is it a close friend who has lost a parent?
    Basically the person grieving now is the same person you knew last week, they will probably want you to treat them them as usual but that's just a personal opinion. Being treated like fragile glass is uncomfortable tbh.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mij For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (07-12-19), funboy71 (07-12-19), joggon (07-12-19), Mr Sweet Guy (07-12-19), oldfool (07-12-19)

Reviews

be a good listener if you are helping somebody
    no judgement whatsoever
    if its your relative , my condolences . go be with friends & family
    Other opinions are allowed
    Age doesn't equal maturity - just look around !
    Unhappy ? press ignore user in settings

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joggon For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (07-12-19), funboy71 (07-12-19), Mr Sweet Guy (07-12-19), oldfool (07-12-19), PlankMan (07-12-19)

Reviews

you close down for a while but if you can speak to family members or close friend later it does help, time does heal but its a dark place for a while there.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to adamski For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (07-12-19), funboy71 (07-12-19), joggon (07-12-19), Mr Sweet Guy (07-12-19)

Reviews

That person i'm speaking of is still alive and we don't know how long they have left, I just find it difficult to talk with them knowing what we know

Reviews

That person i'm speaking of is still alive and we don't know how long they have left, I just find it difficult to talk with them knowing what we know
    It is difficult, probably the hadest thing you will have to do. Even writing this i can remember the pain and it is a while ago. All you can do is reach out and be there. Let them lead the conversation and just listen. If there are issues to be cleared away between you do not mention them. They are not important now. Fine if the other person wants to talk.
    If you talk when nervous make an effort not to.
    Just be there.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to oldfool For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (07-12-19), funboy71 (07-12-19), GOSHH (09-12-19), JMastodon (07-12-19), Mr Sweet Guy (07-12-19), PlankMan (07-12-19)

Reviews

Just be with them to listen if they want to talk. Being a good listener is sometimes so underrated.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JMastodon For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (07-12-19), funboy71 (07-12-19), PlankMan (07-12-19)

Reviews

I actually got great comfort from a friend who went through the same as myself, was depressed for a long though but does get easier

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Chez For This Useful Post:

funboy71 (07-12-19)

Reviews

So Sorry to hear this Funboy

I can only say now. Is, to try spend as much time with them as possible. Because it times like this, that friends and close ones are important. I hope they are comfortable, and hope you be ok also.

You already know Funboy, you are more then welcome. To join myself and two other members here, for a chat in that hotel bar, tomorrow night. It would be nice to meet you Mate.

But I also, and totally understand, your mind is elsewhere and you want to spend much time with them.

Times like this Funboy, when even a stranger can be a lending voice, and to listen also. Remember Funboy, you are not alone.

People out there who like to help, and more importantly listen, if you choose to do so talk anytime.

It a dark place to be in now I've have lost two close friends to suicide. The pain and memories, never be forgotten. But it in your head and heart you carry the burden.

But it hard Mate. Everyday now, is going to be tough, to keep a smile on your face in front of them. When deep down, you are distraught, sadden and only want to cry out loud.

Try stay strong for yourself and others in your life. But also for your relative.

Truly sorry Funboy !!!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr Sweet Guy For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (07-12-19), funboy71 (08-12-19)

Force yourself to be with them, no matter how hard it might be for you. And go with the flow; be it talking, crying, laughing or just sitting to hold hands in silence. There will be an eternity afterwards when you won’t be able to talk to them. And just think how they must be feeling. Their body is deserting them; imagine how painful it would be if their friends and family do as well.

I wish you all whatever peace you all can get in these difficult days.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PlankMan For This Useful Post:

funboy71 (08-12-19), JMastodon (08-12-19)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast