Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate change and Greta Thunberg.

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo76 View Post
    You make me laugh, though I have no understanding of how your brain works that you jump to these bizarre angry conclusions.

Alternatives:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beyond_Meat
    https://impossiblefoods.com

For someone so independent you seem to be suggesting the poor farmers need someone to tell them what to do with their land. I'm saying the market will sort itself out.
    That's if we ignore global soil erosion. Vat grown meets are only solution. (((Beyond meat))) is just another scam.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishSarahBarra View Post
    Thanks for posting this ISB. Very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Yummyasslicker View Post
    Well fucking said I'm fed up with ignorant young dopes who know fuck all history making bland ill informed comments here. I'm mad as hell & I'm not going to take it any more! Ignore Greta at you collective peril! She's a blast from the future don't you see that?! Anyone read Fintan O'Tooles prescient piece about her in the Irish Times yesterday? That's a newspaper by the way to the younger lads. It's writing on big sheets of paper by guys called Journalists. No you don't need a mobile phone it's analogue. There's an app for it too though...
    A newspaper. Thats what we got served fish and chips in and other hot food before you young bucks came along with your use only once polystyrene food containers. We used to use the newspaper to wipe are ass as well, no toilet paper just good old recycling. I bet you wouldn't have licked to many asses back then, If you did you could have licked an ass and read the headlines at the same time

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Punter08 For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Yummyasslicker View Post
    Well fucking said I'm fed up with ignorant young dopes who know fuck all history making bland ill informed comments here. I'm mad as hell & I'm not going to take it any more! Ignore Greta at you collective peril! She's a blast from the future don't you see that?! Anyone read Fintan O'Tooles prescient piece about her in the Irish Times yesterday? That's a newspaper by the way to the younger lads. It's writing on big sheets of paper by guys called Journalists. No you don't need a mobile phone it's analogue. There's an app for it too though...
    Tintin O'Foole has zero credibility in relation to this matter as do most of the contributors to this thread. The arrogant and dismissive manner in which Thunberg and the CC brigrade denounce well grounded scientific evidence which suggests that
    they just might be wrong is breathtaking and worrying in equal measure. People with sound research findings and people who dispute UN sponsored research are stigmatised as "Deniers". This is particularly dangerous stuff when one considers that a lot of the most recent research published in 2019 is not very supportive of Anthropogenic Climate Change. Recent studies question the values used in ACC research models and perhaps more importantly one finding suggests a possible new source of Nitrogen which would allow for considerably more absorption of C02 than has been acknowledged to date. When one considers the long list of commercial interests behind the CC campaign its hard to not be suspicious about the underlying purpose behind Greta's ranting and raving at world forums. If this is a hoax, and I believe it might well be, it will have serious consequences for all of us well into the future and not just with respect to the CC argument.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dom Dunn For This Useful Post:

Punter08 (30-09-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Dunn View Post
    Tintin O'Foole has zero credibility in relation to this matter as do most of the contributors to this thread. The arrogant and dismissive manner in which Thunberg and the CC brigrade denounce well grounded scientific evidence which suggests that
    they just might be wrong is breathtaking and worrying in equal measure. People with sound research findings and people who dispute UN sponsored research are stigmatised as "Deniers". This is particularly dangerous stuff when one considers that a lot of the most recent research published in 2019 is not very supportive of Anthropogenic Climate Change. Recent studies question the values used in ACC research models and perhaps more importantly one finding suggests a possible new source of Nitrogen which would allow for considerably more absorption of C02 than has been acknowledged to date. When one considers the long list of commercial interests behind the CC campaign its hard to not be suspicious about the underlying purpose behind Greta's ranting and raving at world forums. If this is a hoax, and I believe it might well be, it will have serious consequences for all of us well into the future and not just with respect to the CC argument.
    Please link the recent studies then for us all to read. The reality is the planet is warming at a rate faster than any scientific evidence suggests has happened in millennia, and the overwhelming majority of research suggests that it is contributed to by man made actions.

To suggest political motivations on the behalf of the climate change side, is like pointing out the speck on someone's eye while ignoring the splinter in your own. You don't think there is no lobby or commercial interest behind climate deniers?

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-40-years-ago/

In the end quibbling over who caused what and who's paying for it is useless. The planet is warming, sea levels are rising, and action needs to be taken to avert consequences. To deny that, then yes I call you and anyone else a denier. You can sit there arguing over who put the hole in the boat, or you can start bailing water...

Reviews

You make me laugh, though I have no understanding of how your brain works that you jump to these bizarre angry conclusions.

Alternatives:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beyond_Meat

https://impossiblefoods.com

For someone so independent you seem to be suggesting the poor farmers need someone to tell them what to do with their land. I'm saying the market will sort itself out.
    You demand the beef industry is reduced yet neither know nor care what will take its place.

Only an idiot would presume the markets will provide an eco friendly answer.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    You demand the beef industry is reduced yet neither know nor care what will take its place.

I didn't demand anything

Reviews

I didn't demand anything
    Why push for the removal of one industry due to its carbon footprint and be carefree as to whatever takes its place ?

Reviews

Why push for the removal of one industry due to its carbon footprint and be carefree as to whatever takes its place ?
    You brought it up, not me. I didn't push for anything. I just said if farmers can't sell meat they'll grow something else. You're the one suggesting there's some plot afoot to change the industry.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gonzo76 For This Useful Post:

RayDonovan (30-09-19)

Reviews

Much of the land in Ireland, especially in the West of Ireland isn't fit for much but afforestation. I predict there will be lots of aid in the form of grants, forestry headage etc. to encourage farmers to reduce herd size and plant trees.
    Three things that don't lie
    Drunk people
    Shakira's hips
    Yoga pants

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast