Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate change and Greta Thunberg.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    She is an awesome bitch, and as grand deacon of the Slutitarian church I cannonise her a Saint.
    Just cause ye suffered,and us millennials were effectively made a silent generation by the recession, doesn't mean the next lot should to.
    Virtue signalling is ideological gaslighting. This is not it. This is a matter of survival.
    My generation is the first to be less well off than their parents. My siblings generation, that's up in the air. My lil nieces and nephews, ha. What hope for them. To possibly never taste coffee or bananas or chocolates,to grow up in a world where you might have to deliveroo oxygen to your door. Pathetic.
    I'm not having it and I'm glad she isn't either.
    Sorry Cassandra but I’m going to be brutally honest here and say that’s BS. Your generation never had it so good. Internet, hand held mobile devices, games consoles, HD, endless TV stations on 24 hours a day, super cars, super bikes etc. The reality is that the younger generation will create a bigger carbon footprint than mine or my parents generation.
    If the young ones want to help with climate change great, however they should stop indirectly blaming the older generation for climate change when they are quite happy to enjoy the lifestyle they have today which previous generations have created. If they are not happy, lets take away their technology and ban school run traffic.

So Cassandra, when will you be giving your devices up

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Punter08 For This Useful Post:

annabel taylor (26-09-19)

Quote Originally Posted by Floki View Post
    Agree with you.
    We have seen so many child stars that their life's have gone upside down, some for the worse as I do recall one quite recently took her own life at the age of 16.
    All of this is due to the pressure put on them.

Children may be the future, but should never be used or be forced into such, especially politics.
    There is so much pressure on this, that even adults are in turmoil.

A child's mind is fragile, and think that Greta should try and enjoy her childhood years.
    Especially hers. Hasn't she Asperger.

Definitely have to take Climate Change for the serious issue that it is but nothing more annoying than being lectured by a child. Watching Irish kids saying we don't give a fuck and the government needs to do more, our contribution to greenhouse gases is laughable. Go protest India and China. You know a sizeable chunk only want the day off school. Hold the protests on a Sunday see how many show up.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Punter08 View Post
    ...... they should stop indirectly blaming the older generation for climate change when they are quite happy to enjoy the lifestyle they have today which previous generations have created....
    Like these early teens had any say in the lifestyle they were born into or exist in? How do you know they're happy or what they'd be willing to give up for a planet that wasn't in meltdown?
    Three things that don't lie
    Drunk people
    Shakira's hips
    Yoga pants

Reviews

No one is exploiting her - least of all her parents. Have a look at the interviews they have given - if anything she pushes them around. She is fearless and extremely strong, happy to stand up in front of tens of thousands and talk to them in her second language. Succesful protesters have to be annoying to get things done.

What we think does not matter that much - don't underestimate the passion that already exists among educated under-25s, and she has given huge momentum to the movement.

Help Keyla fund her battle with cancer - give what you can spare.

https://gofund.me/8e340537

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MidlifeCrisis For This Useful Post:

Cassandra (25-09-19), IrishSarahBarra (26-09-19), MartaMod (26-09-19)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Punter08 View Post
    Sorry Cassandra but I’m going to be brutally honest here and say that’s BS. Your generation never had it so good. Internet, hand held mobile devices, games consoles, HD, endless TV stations on 24 hours a day, super cars, super bikes etc. The reality is that the younger generation will create a bigger carbon footprint than mine or my parents generation.
    If the young ones want to help with climate change great, however they should stop indirectly blaming the older generation for climate change when they are quite happy to enjoy the lifestyle they have today which previous generations have created. If they are not happy, lets take away their technology and ban school run traffic.

So Cassandra, when will you be giving your devices up
    Devices available to us through exploitation. Look I'll be honest, hell will freeze over before I go without a screen , but that's less a luxury these days as much as it is a necessary tool for survival. The internet for all it's potential,outside commerce is just the new opaite. A shiny tool to make us feel temporarily powerful before we go back to our zero hour contract jobs and the barely above regulation (cause there are none) housing we share with a small village of folk.
    If we do in fact lead higher carbon footprint lives it is only because any challenge to the outmoded,archaic oil based infrastructure is met with disdain by bitter (corporate greased) gatekeepers.

A smart phone won't do shit when you have to sell your eggs to afford Monsanto's latest seed.
    The social and global networks for ethical consumption of goods on all levels (including tech) already exists, all that remains is willingness.

A willingness that not just consumers but governments and large multi nationals need share.
    Last edited by Cassandra; 25-09-19 at 22:51.
    What if "It's Raining Men" and 'Let the bodies hit the floor' are both about the same event but from different perspectives 🤔

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cassandra For This Useful Post:

MartaMod (26-09-19)

Reviews

We are all doomed, doomed I tell ye!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    We are all doomed, doomed I tell ye!

Absolute belter, a forgotten gem.

Quote Originally Posted by RayDonovan View Post
    Like these early teens had any say in the lifestyle they were born into or exist in? How do you know they're happy or what they'd be willing to give up for a planet that wasn't in meltdown?
    Planet in meltdown, when did this happen
    I do know that Greta keeps us up to date on her work via twitter so that would be how i know.
    Dead give away tbf.
    As for the rest of the younger generation i dont know what they would be willing to give up as you dont either, but i would say they wouldn't give much up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    Devices available to us through exploitation. Look I'll be honest, hell will freeze over before I go without a screen , but that's less a luxury these days as much as it is a necessary tool for survival. The internet for all it's potential,outside commerce is just the new opaite. A shiny tool to make us feel temporarily powerful before we go back to our zero hour contract jobs and the barely above regulation (cause there are none) housing we share with a small village of folk.
    If we do in fact lead higher carbon footprint lives it is only because any challenge to the outmoded,archaic oil based infrastructure is met with disdain by bitter (corporate greased) gatekeepers.

A smart phone won't do shit when you have to sell your eggs to afford Monsanto's latest seed.
    The social and global networks for ethical consumption of goods on all levels (including tech) already exists, all that remains is willingness.

A willingness that not just consumers but governments and large multi nationals need share.

Thank you for your honesty

Here Ray, read the bit in bold

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast