Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate change and Greta Thunberg.

Default Climate change and Greta Thunberg.

Whats your thoughts on Greta Thunbergs speech or rant on climate change the other day. Seems to be mixed opinions . I personally think she is being used and will have mental problems in the near future if she hasn’t already.

I wont post a link to the speech as she is 16 but its easy enough to find on youtube.
    Here is a link to a recent news article about it if your not familiar with the story.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...unberg-16.html
    Last edited by Punter08; 25-09-19 at 11:44.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Punter08 For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (25-09-19), JMastodon (25-09-19)

I actually do like how that she is trying to do good by changing people's view on the client change and so on.
    It is for a great cause.

BUT!!!

I find her to be very goddamn annoying as feck!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Floki For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (25-09-19), hitman76 (26-09-19), Punter08 (25-09-19)

Reviews

I worry that her legacy will be that she gave up a childhood for a future and that no one listened. She might be a world leader in the future (if not now) that will have to deal with the hot earth disaster.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pigsmickey For This Useful Post:

Floki (25-09-19), Punter08 (25-09-19)

Quote Originally Posted by pigsmickey View Post
    I worry that her legacy will be that she gave up a childhood for a future and that no one listened. She might be a world leader in the future (if not now) that will have to deal with the hot earth disaster.
    Agree with you.
    We have seen so many child stars that their life's have gone upside down, some for the worse as I do recall one quite recently took her own life at the age of 16.
    All of this is due to the pressure put on them.

Children may be the future, but should never be used or be forced into such, especially politics.
    There is so much pressure on this, that even adults are in turmoil.

A child's mind is fragile, and think that Greta should try and enjoy her childhood years.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Floki For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (25-09-19), Punter08 (25-09-19)

Quote Originally Posted by pigsmickey View Post
    I remember being told in high school that unless the world governments took action on climite change the ice caps would melt and we would be under water by the year 2000.
    Its 2019 and im still waiting on it.
    Built a ship and everything

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Punter08 For This Useful Post:

Floki (25-09-19), JMastodon (25-09-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Floki View Post
    I find her to be very goddamn annoying as feck!
    https://media.giphy.com/media/U1aN4H...2BBK/giphy.gif
    Last edited by Floki; 25-09-19 at 15:17. Reason: Minor, but left the link
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 9/11 moon landings were an outside job

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Forceuser For This Useful Post:

Floki (25-09-19)

13. Default

speech was well rehearsed but it will take alot to get world leaders to take real genuine action. 'No Manners Trump' even ignored her but its obvious to all that something drastically needs to be done regarding Climate Change

Reviews

I am disgusted with Greta's parents and the victim culture, virtue signalling activists who encourage children to be their shields.

The worst case doomsday theories are to be taken as the new gospel and respecting one's elders is a thing of the past as all older people have destroyed the planet. No concern is shown for Greta's mental health or the other children who see her as a role model.

I find it disturbing to watch at this point.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wolverine For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (25-09-19), Punter08 (25-09-19)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Punter08 View Post
    Whats your thoughts on Greta Thunbergs speech or rant on climate change the other day. Seems to be mixed opinions . I personally think she is being used and will have mental problems in the near future if she hasn’t already.

I wont post a link to the speech as she is 16 but its easy enough to find on youtube.
    Here is a link to a recent news article about it if your not familiar with the story.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...unberg-16.html
    She is an awesome bitch, and as grand deacon of the Slutitarian church I cannonise her a Saint.
    Just cause ye suffered,and us millennials were effectively made a silent generation by the recession, doesn't mean the next lot should to.
    Virtue signalling is ideological gaslighting. This is not it. This is a matter of survival.
    My generation is the first to be less well off than their parents. My siblings generation, that's up in the air. My lil nieces and nephews, ha. What hope for them. To possibly never taste coffee or bananas or chocolates,to grow up in a world where you might have to deliveroo oxygen to your door. Pathetic.
    I'm not having it and I'm glad she isn't either.
    What if "It's Raining Men" and 'Let the bodies hit the floor' are both about the same event but from different perspectives 🤔

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cassandra For This Useful Post:

MartaMod (26-09-19)

Reviews

I do find her extremely annoying as well, mostly because she has no formal education or professional experience in her area of concern, but if politicians have to be annoyed into submission on this issue, so be it

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Galwegian1993 For This Useful Post:

Punter08 (25-09-19)

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast