Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: British Parliament suspension is unlawful.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Kenton View Post
    Need to respect the will of the people and let them leave. EU is doing a shit load of scaremongering. We were told a recession would happen if the UK even voted to leave. The EU autocrats know that if Britain show its possible to flourish without the EU the biggest contributors may eventually follow suit. I for one don't want to be part of a European super state.
    The problem with the will of the people is that it was not a clear mandate , indeed it was going to be an easy deal as I recall. No deal was not voted on was it .

The second problem is that it was a tad close there are a v large minority , this vote was carried by about 700,000 .

Third problem is the lies told by leave, the scaremongering and emotions used , 10 million turks for example , result the win is rather tainted. Another outcome is the challenges the UK now faces having brought Nationalism out for a run among other things

Large trading blocks are where the world is at . USA wold like nothing more than to break up the EU

Super state ? the primary laws for each country remain theirs , food banks in UK thats a home made creation .
    Like I say lets do it this Hard Brexit and see who is right

Last but no least the will of the people did not even mention the Border during the campaign. UK has a agreement called the Good Friday agreement, it was ignored, not a good idea that in hindsight .
    Last edited by beautyaddict; 26-09-19 at 03:56.
    Clubcard stop now
    "Those who keep the ability to see beauty, never grow old"- Frank Kafka

You will Always be fond of me .I represent all the Sins you never had the Courage to commit Oscar Wilde

2. The Following User Says Thank You to beautyaddict For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (26-09-19)

Quote Originally Posted by beautyaddict View Post
    The problem with the will of the people is that it was not a clear mandate , indeed it was going to be an easy deal as I recall. No deal was not voted on was it .

The second problem is that it was a tad close there are a v large minority , this vote was carried by about 700,000 .

Third problem is the lies told by leave, the scaremongering and emotions used , 10 million turks for example , result the win is rather tainted. Another outcome is the challenges the UK now faces having brought Nationalism out for a run among other things

Large trading blocks are where the world is at . USA wold like nothing more than to break up the EU

Super state ? the primary laws for each country remain theirs , food banks in UK thats a home made creation .
    Like I say lets do it this Hard Brexit and see who is right

Last but no least the will of the people did not even mention the Border during the campaign. UK has a agreement called the Good Friday agreement, it was glistened/ignored not a good idea that in hindsight .
    The size of the majority doesn't matter, it was a democratic vote, if it's not respected what's the point in voting if those in power can still do what they want. There was an impartial booklet sent out by the government to each house hold explaining what would happen with either out come. You can't assume everyone who voted to leave is some jingoistic throwback. If people want their country to have the ultimate say in who comes in and in what numbers that is their right. You can't say its wrong because you disagree. Nationalism is not a dirty word, it has been used as a weapon against those who don't believe in open borders, doesn't make you racist or a bad person.

Reviews

The size of the majority doesn't matter, it was a democratic vote, if it's not respected what's the point in voting if those in power can still do what they want. There was an impartial booklet sent out by the government to each house hold explaining what would happen with either out come. You can't assume everyone who voted to leave is some jingoistic throwback. If people want their country to have the ultimate say in who comes in and in what numbers that is their right. You can't say its wrong because you disagree. Nationalism is not a dirty word, it has been used as a weapon against those who don't believe in open borders, doesn't make you racist or a bad person.
    One the arguments put forward by the leave side was that it would bring more power back to Westminster but then Boris decided to suspend Parliament (illegally btw) to push through a no deal Brexit against the will of the elected representatives.

Back to BA's point about the slim majority and the blatant lies told , £340 million a week to the NHS, a mass influx of Turks, etc.

People were deceived. The remain side were unfortunately very complacent and didn't realize the threat of the leave side til it was too late.

After the murder of Jo Cox I was certain that a remain vote would win easily - shows what I know. Then again I didn't give Trump a chance either.

Then yesterday when the PM was asked to moderate his language by a Labour MP, using words like surrender,betrayal,traitor and that she was receiving threats against her and her family his reply was "Humbug!".

The Brexit vote was won on lies and the lies continue (the PM even lied to the queen ffs !). Time for the lies to stop.
    Last edited by Barney Rubble; 26-09-19 at 05:26.
    Hello darkness my old friend.....

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

beautyaddict (26-09-19), Punter08 (26-09-19)

Quote Originally Posted by DummyResister View Post
    So ... Hillary Clinton should be president?

Electoral college not most votes determines presidential outcomes. Just to clear up your confusion.

Need to respect the will of the people and let them leave. EU is doing a shit load of scaremongering. We were told a recession would happen if the UK even voted to leave. The EU autocrats know that if Britain show its possible to flourish without the EU the biggest contributors may eventually follow suit. I for one don't want to be part of a European super state.
    Lady Herman warned again about dissident activity if a no deal brexit happens and a loyalist backlash.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    One the arguments put forward by the leave side was that it would bring more power back to Westminster but then Boris decided to suspend Parliament (illegally btw) to push through a no deal Brexit against the will of the elected representatives.

Back to BA's point about the slim majority and the blatant lies told , £340 million a week to the NHS, a mass influx of Turks, etc.

People were deceived. The remain side were unfortunately very complacent and didn't realize the threat of the leave side til it was too late.

After the murder of Jo Cox I was certain that a remain vote would win easily - shows what I know. Then again I didn't give Trump a chance either.

Then yesterday when the PM was asked to moderate his language by a Labour MP, using words like surrender,betrayal,traitor and that she was receiving threats against her and her family his reply was "Humbug!".

The Brexit vote was won on lies and the lies continue (the PM even lied to the queen ffs !). Time for the lies to stop.
    I thought the PMs tone and attitude was disgraceful but wouldn’t expect much better.
    Respecting democracy and the will of the people is fine , but in all due respect the people hadn’t a clue what they were voting for. The leave campaign used 2 very emotive issues; the NHS and human migration to sway the people which worked brilliantly
    The vote was too serious to allow millions of people who hadn’t a clue about the consequences to give their opinion

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ryankelvin For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (17-10-19), beautyaddict (26-09-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Floki View Post
    I actually do think that Trump would do a good deal with the UK.
    There have been talks of deal between the UK and other countries, who are waiting for the Brexit to take place.
    The UK are one of the highest contributors in the EU market, paying more out than receiving back.

Once after they have left the EU, then the UK can do Free Trade deals, meaning there is no tariffs or the tarifs will be much, much lower than they pay now.
    This will save the country millions, even billions.

There is no need for a border with the UK and Ireland of there is a No Deal, this has been talked about and would work.

Also not being in the EU, this means they will save more money, and as I started, the economic will shoot up much faster, growing richer and will create even more jobs.
    The EU don't want the UK to leave because the EU may collapse, or at least they will not receive as much as they want.

The EU was in some way a good idea, but has failed due to greed.
    It was because of WWI and II, the EU was created to stop future wars in Europe.

All the EU is about is how much money they can make, but countries are in and our of dept all the time.
    Spain, Ireland, Cyprus, Portugal and Greece all had to be bailed out, with the thanks to the UK and German being the 2 highest to pay in.

After the UK leave, this will never have to be the case again, if they do bail a country out, then I am sure it will be of good gesture and that money would have to be paid back.

There are so many positive things that happen once the UK leave the EU, best with a No Deal leave.

People are scared of this change, but I do see so many positive outcomes from it.
    The EU has failed it own countries, this is fact as we are living it now.
    I cant believe you wrote this and then actually posted it.

Why would trump give the uk a good deal? surely business 101 is to get as much as you can without giving anything away, which is how the us have always done their deals.
    The uk will be able to do deals after they leave, but only if they honour their debts and respect any existing agreements, otherwise how will any other country or trading block trust them. You can call me Al has already threatened to with-hold the 39billion they had agreed to pay and he is trying to not honour the agreement May had with the eu over the withdrawl agreement.

No-one can agree how the border will work in a no deal so Im not sure how you can say there will be no need for a border, but most experts seem to be saying that there will be no escaping hard infrastructure.

Can you point out the business model that says that the uk's economy will shoot up, google says otherwise at least in the short term and long term nothing to get excited about either.

Can you also show me where the uk bailed out the countries you mentioned. They did not bail out Ireland ( maybe you read that on the side of a bus) What they did was lend Ireland money on very favourable terms for the uk. Hardly a bail out.

Maybe you can also point out how the eu has failed its countries, It may not be perfect but I would have more faith in it than in the uk.

If I had voted in the referendum I would have voted remain( silly me) I am really enjoying the shit show that is going on at the minute, long may it continue, anything that tears the uk and the tory party apart can only be a good thing. I live in the 6 counties, we are going to get screwed over by the tories, as we always do , we will suffer worse than england, as we always do, but I will happily enjoy it all as long as the british tear themselves apart over this, They voted for it , let them have it.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justfrank44 For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (17-10-19), Harrybigtoe (27-09-19)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryankelvin View Post
    I thought the PMs tone and attitude was disgraceful but wouldn’t expect much better.
    Respecting democracy and the will of the people is fine , but in all due respect the people hadn’t a clue what they were voting for. The leave campaign used 2 very emotive issues; the NHS and human migration to sway the people which worked brilliantly
    The vote was too serious to allow millions of people who hadn’t a clue about the consequences to give their opinion
    And that whole cambridge analytica carry on. Targeting certain undecided voters on facebook and feeding them propaganda on facebook.
    They worked all over the world on different political campaigns , scary stuff.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Punter08 For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (17-10-19), beautyaddict (26-09-19), Ryankelvin (26-09-19), SteveB (26-09-19)

Reviews

-I have just got in and only heard parts of what went onl last night with the PM imp , invoking a murdered MP using dangerous language . In my first post here I stated concern about the tone . I hear a man arrested at Jess Philips offices an MP who was critical of him and opposes Brexit.

The behaviour was not just disgraceful it is dangerous . And from a meeting with MPs no let up in the Rhetoric , getting to not funny now. I wonder will Joe Cox be getting another with her on that tragic list

traitors collaborators saboteurs People v Parliament, betrayal of the people . Sweet Jesus I hope Tories have more backbone/moral fiber than the cowards in USA that would be Republicans
    Clubcard stop now
    "Those who keep the ability to see beauty, never grow old"- Frank Kafka

You will Always be fond of me .I represent all the Sins you never had the Courage to commit Oscar Wilde

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beautyaddict For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (17-10-19), Punter08 (26-09-19), Ryankelvin (26-09-19)

Reviews

The DUP have put a spanner in the works in the Brexit talks (surprise surprise). This shit show looks like it's gonna run on for another while yet. Just a pity that the government didn't put the deal to a vote in parliament and the opposition parties support the deal leaving the DUP high and dry.
    Hello darkness my old friend.....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast