Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pierre Trudeau Criticism?

Reviews

Question Pierre Trudeau Criticism?

Canadian leader Justin Trudeau has been criticised after a photo surfaced of him with his face "browned up".

This is the top headline on the BBC News channel this morning.

Now I can understand a little condemnation as he is from a well known political family but are people over reacting too much ?

He says he was dressed as Aladdin at an Arabian Nights themed party and that this was a lack of judgement on his part.

This was over 18 years ago after all when he was a young man and maybe the pc brigade weren't as influential as now.

If photos of me surfaced at that age I would be charged with crimes against fashion !

Political correctness gone OTT I think.
    But then I remember the Black & White Minstrel Show on the BBC as a child !
    Last edited by Barney Rubble; 19-09-19 at 03:44. Reason: Feck's sake,it's Justin not his Da !��
    Hello darkness my old friend.....

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (21-09-19), MidlifeCrisis (20-09-19), rimminglover (21-09-19), Stephanie (19-09-19), TonyB (20-09-19)

Reviews

I'm a donkey Night Shift, I used his father's name in the thread title !

Can you pretty please change the thread title name from Pierre to Justin ? I haven't used any offensive language after all !

Thank you !

Love

BBC must be having a slow news cycle Hon : this ‘News’ had come and gone in States

several months ago — that’s prob why your thread not getting more traction xx

Yup , I must admit : if bloke dressed as Aladdin some 20+ yrs ago , it would’ve been

unorthodox and wimpy stupid to not have makeup on .

Yip , I agree w you = today’s ‘Political Correctness’ reaching what I’d call Oppression .

Reminds me : beginner horse rider = falling right over to other side of da beast as he

(the rider) trying to get in the saddle on the back . Madness what I see . Xx
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (20-09-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    BBC must be having a slow news cycle Hon : this ‘News’ had come and gone in States

several months ago — that’s prob why your thread not getting more traction xx

Yup , I must admit : if bloke dressed as Aladdin some 20+ yrs ago , it would’ve been

unorthodox and wimpy stupid to not have makeup on .

Yip , I agree w you = today’s ‘Political Correctness’ reaching what I’d call Oppression .

Reminds me : beginner horse rider = falling right over to other side of da beast as he

(the rider) trying to get in the saddle on the back . Madness what I see . Xx
    BBC are definitely having a slow news day, they just put out an article about how Andy Murrays mother had a big secret.... She had a tattoo 😂

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MarkM2020 For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (20-09-19), Floki (19-09-19), Stephanie (19-09-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    Canadian leader Justin Trudeau has been criticised after a photo surfaced of him with his face "browned up".

Now I can understand a little condemnation as he is from a well known political family but are people over reacting too much ?

He says he was dressed as Aladdin at an Arabian Nights themed party and that this was a lack of judgement on his part.

This was over 18 years ago after all when he was a young man and maybe the pc brigade weren't as influential as now.

If photos of me surfaced at that age I would be charged with crimes against fashion !

I think the elections in Canada and the impact this could have on his re-election is probably behind the furore.

I do agree that his outfit seems pretty harmless to me, and has to be considered in context, but then it is not my race being "offended". would I be offended if a black person dressed up in whiteface? I doubt it.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gonzo76 For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (20-09-19), Stephanie (19-09-19)

Reviews

Is it not the case that Justin Trudeau is the champion of political correctness ? ( "we don't say mankind, it's peoplekind" etc)
    Mr Cuddles. everyone needs a cuddle

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr Cuddles For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (20-09-19), Wolverine (20-09-19)

Reviews

I'm a donkey Night Shift, I used his father's name in the thread title !

Can you pretty please change the thread title name from Pierre to Justin ? I haven't used any offensive language after all !

Thank you !
    If photos of you were to surface at that age You would be charged with being ugly and yes you are a Donkey
    Last edited by TheNightShift; 19-09-19 at 20:32.

He is leading the charge for Political Correctness, he'd be the first to jump on anyone over it. I think its fantastic watching him squirm and pander to the lunatics on the far left. He deserves the same treatment he'd be so quick to dish out. Chap is an absolute clown.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kenton For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (20-09-19), F-Dub (20-09-19), Mr Cuddles (20-09-19)

Reviews

He makes Melainia " interested"

And Ivanka

Other opinions are allowed
    Age doesn't equal maturity - just look around !
    Unhappy ? press ignore user in settings

16. The Following User Says Thank You to joggon For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (20-09-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by joggon View Post
    He makes Melainia " interested"

And Ivanka

I wonder if instead of blacking up he oranged up would she find him so attractive?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

Mr Cuddles (20-09-19)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast