Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Easy Rider star Peter Fonda has died aged 79, from lung cancer.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by irishdeltaforce View Post
    [/COLOR]

Everything I have highlighted in red is irrelevant.

But yes you are right most wars like the Gulf of Tonkin incident are dubious.

But it was not an illegal war.
    A country lying about its reasons for declaring war,like the germans did in poland
    and the americans did again in the second gulf war, is the very definition of an illegal war
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 9/11 moon landings were an outside job

Reviews

O.k smart lad I will reply to you as if you can understand me.

"Well let me see, first of all she is not my heroine, please point out where I suggested otherwise or else stop making things up"

"How does that make her a traitor compresd to those other noble protesters you mentioned earlier"

Because through her propaganda she helped the enemy of her country.

"She has more backbone than a lot of those armchair generals that sent troops off to die"

This whole statement is just silly. But I will critique it if you want to make you look more stupid.

"Secondly, why is she supposed to blindly follow her countries illegal war."

Show me anywhere how it was an illegal war?

"Is she not allowed to protest?"

Of course she is and more power to her.

" at least she went there to register her protest not her support as you seem to think."

And you think sitting in an Anti Aircraft Gun pointed at you own countrymen is just a protest?
    Once again you have forgotten to point out where I said or implied that she was my heroine. Repeating it endlessly will not make it true.
    Could you link to some of her "propaganda" and by that I mean something that is not actually anti war but information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote a political cause or point of view. ( you know, actual propoganda, like)

She has more backbone than a lot of those armchair generals that sent troops off to die"
    This whole statement is just silly. But I will critique it if you want to make you look more stupid.
    Go ahead knock yourself out, critique away.
    Show me anywhere how it was an illegal war? Now this is slighlty tricky given that it is a legal definition but firstly, war was never declared between the two countries. Secondly, from my reading of united nations documents, and I am by no means claiming any kind of expertise here, but my take is that america was acting illegally in vietnam but that also north vietnam were also in the wrong, ( simplistic I know but probably better kept that way for the both of us) https://repository.law.miami.edu/cgi...8&context=umlr

And you think sitting in an Anti Aircraft Gun pointed at you own countrymen is just a protest? It wasnt actually pointed at anyone ( pedantic point) but she has repeatedly apologised for that photo ( for what its worth). She still defends her trip but is adamant she went as a protest and not for any other reason.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by DummyResister View Post
    His best role was as Frank in Once upon a time in America.
    That was one serious badass motherfucker.

Thats not Peter Fonda, Thats his father Henry.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justfrank44 For This Useful Post:

FranknStein (17-08-19)

Reviews

[/COLOR]

Everything I have highlighted in red is irrelevant.

But yes you are right most wars like the Gulf of Tonkin incident are dubious.

But it was not an illegal war.
    Actually excursions across other non combatant countries is very relevant. That was also illegal activity as was the campaign in vietnam.

Reviews

Oh. Shit.
    Well, that explains the sense of deja vu I was having, he's already dead.
    Can't say I was every a fan of Henry Fonda, I think we were spoilt by his father's talents.
    Think you just mixed them up again. But I do agree, Henry was a legend, Peter less so. Jane.. Loved her in Barbarella ( you know, where duran duran came from)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to justfrank44 For This Useful Post:

FranknStein (17-08-19)

Reviews

Why? Because I'm not willing to nod along with the state propaganda that you regurgitate?
    Robert McNamara has pretty much come out and said that the Tonkin incident never happened.
    At least not how it is propagated by US imperialists.
    Was he not a student of history either?
    Hope you are prepared for a rambling one sentence reply that makes no sense and has no bearing on what you actually wrote. Oh and a wee bit of name calling thrown in. It seems to be all he is doing at the minute.

Reviews

Not students of history.
    Why do u say that?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reviews

See Above.
    be more specific.
    what exactly am i mistaken about?

Reviews

FFS!

Sorry dude but what are you on about?

Here read this;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnam_War

Educate yourself.
    I thought you might have difficulty with what I had written that is why I put in the link to the document I was referencing, wasted effort I see. You have linked to a wikipedia document, hmm, I cannot see anywhere in your link that makes the conflict a legal war if there is such a thing. Please can you show me where it says it was legal.
    I think you might need to check on your creditentials in history, they dont seem to be up to much. No evidence , no citations, no credible argument, not even common sense in your arguments. Now I never got beyond second level education, have no formal qualifications, but even I can see you have no knowledge base to back up your points.

Reviews

I have credentials in history. Working on more...........
    then you'll know that the only reason the americans went into vietnam was to halt the spread of communism
    the other reasons put forth for going in like tonkin bay,the vietnamese people and their country were all irrelevant to them
    in this war

so millions suffered and died on both sides for no clear goal or objective and all could have been avoided if the allies had given any heed to a
    little known and ignored leader of vietnam,ho chi minh,after the second world war who was looking for independence for his country,just like
    the values of freedom the allies had fought for
    instead of worrying about france getting their asian colonies back
    Last edited by Forceuser; 17-08-19 at 10:53.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast