Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Afterlife

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Normansmother View Post
    As you get older you do think of it more.
    When buried is that it? is it youre gone forever? I hope not
    All religions are a man made concept, created in a time of ignorance and fear of things that couldn't be explained. The world would be a better place without religion. You didn't exist before you were born, was that ever a cause for concern? I believe it's the same when you die, nothingness, lights out, the end. You don't need religion to have morals, to know right from wrong is engrained in us all deep down. I don't know why we're here, how the universe was created and I don't really care, I do marvel at our planet and everything in nature. I don't have any answers and neither do any of the thousands of religions. I believe you should enjoy your life, respect everyone of all nationalities and cultures and don't be obsessed with what happens when you die, if you're a good person then surely you have nothing to worry about. Thank God I'm an atheist!! Have a great weekend y'all
    We have two lives , the second begins when we realise we only have one .....

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mrbean76 For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (16-06-19), Mr Sweet Guy (15-06-19), Nikkita (15-06-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Floki View Post
    This is how I see it (my views of the afterlife).

I myself have been under the knife around 10 times.
    When the surgeons knocks you out with general anesthesia, you don't dream at all and then you wake up wondering what the fuck is happening and wonder where you are.

To me, death is that sleep in between the needle knocking you out to when you wake up.
    Nothing happens.
    Once you are dead, you are dead, you don't know you are dead, because you are dead.

Our afterlife is very more likely just our bodies rotting in the ground.
    Best evaluation ever.
    Well said!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to click n pick For This Useful Post:

Floki (15-06-19)

Blog Entries

Perception is reality and just because we perceive this state of reality to be the ultimate form of reality does not make it true.

This could be a dream and when we die we wake up.

I have zero responsibilities and live for the moment so in essence I have created a very easy life, but death could mean waking up to a very disturbing reality...

Just because we can't recall what happened before our current state of consciousness doesn't mean there wasn't something there before

Like I said I agree with the concept of lights out but self awareness is extremely fascinating. And when we dream we are pulled through varying stages of reality. This might not be the ultimate reality.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nikkita For This Useful Post:

Well I won't pretend to know if there is an afterlife or not. Maybe there is or maybe there's not, but if there is,
    I hope I can come back on this site when I pass and let you all know for sure. The only 2 things I know for sure,
    is I am trying to live my life to the fullest and when people pass they will be missed by their loved ones.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luvdaladies For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (16-06-19), rimminglover (17-06-19)

but why are we here, what is our purpose of being here, someone, a much higher being is responsible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Normansmother View Post
    but why are we here, what is our purpose of being here, someone, a much higher being is responsible
    There is the argument that nothing separates us from other animals and that we have no purpose. I can accept this.

On the other hand all we know to be real is our own minds. Everything within a 100m radius may be a fabrication of a self created environment.

As far as I'm aware I'm god of my own universe.

Question everything including the stimuli in your immediate vicinity.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nikkita For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkita View Post
    Perception is reality and just because we perceive this state of reality to be the ultimate form of reality does not make it true.
    True,we only perceive in 4 dimensions and according to some physicists there are up
    to 10 or 11
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 9/11 moon landings were an outside job

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Forceuser For This Useful Post:

Nikkita (15-06-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Forceuser View Post
    True,we only perceive in 4 dimensions and according to some physicists there are up
    to 10 or 11
    True. But when we die, we are not going to be in any of them.
    My grandfather's tractor rusting away in a hedge is not still running away in some tractor heaven. When a computer "dies" it doesn't go to computer heaven, as Steven Hawkins explained.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkita View Post
    There is the argument that nothing separates us from other animals and that we have no purpose. I can accept this.

On the other hand all we know to be real is our own minds. Everything within a 100m radius may be a fabrication of a self created environment.

As far as I'm aware I'm god of my own universe.

Question everything including the stimuli in your immediate vicinity.
    I thought I was invincible when younger, I know now i'm anything but

Quote Originally Posted by imageman81 View Post
    Fully agree, its arrogant to think we *must* have a purpose. Why? Life on earth is a chemical reaction.

You exist because your biological father had sex with your biological mother. It needs no further explanation.
    who created us? why we here, I think we are only ponds in a game of dog eat dog by a higher being

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast