Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Seems unfair

Quote Originally Posted by FinnMickC00L View Post
    Make America Great Again.
    Keep America Great.

Or even better,take us back to Victorian times.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Stop Baiting , will ya ?

: have an adult conversation !

‘ .
    Fishies .
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by FinnMickC00L View Post
    Just playing Devil's advocate.
    A modern democracy has an independent judiciary and a legal system that allows both adequate prosecution and defence,and furthermore eschews cruel and unusual punishments.
    Of course anyone who doesn't agree with that should be entirely free to move to Russia, China or North Korea and try a little state criticism.
    The latter two are still big into execution.
    It,s only feelings running high, I doubt very much that any of them really mean it and would carry out anything they said.
    They are just venting their anger, most people feel that the judiciary system weights heavily on the criminal side and not on the victim

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to willie wacker For This Useful Post:

FinnMickC00L (21-06-19), Mrbean76 (19-06-19), Stephanie (20-06-19)

The poor young girl lost her life due to 2 young boys who for unknown reasons took it from her.
    This is very shocking and heartbreaking for the family on both sides of the table.

We can't just kill a child, even if that child murdered another, that is not who we are or should be doing.
    The only best option even if may cost, is to keep them locked up for life.

For the first few years till they are 18, they should be lock in a detention centre for children, of course keeping them both isolated from the other children for safety on both sides of the cage.

And only once they turn 18, then I think prison, but a light kind of prison, one of those in which they can walk about, but cannot be freed to go out into the public.
    Last edited by Floki; 20-06-19 at 10:53.

Reviews

I see reports Boy B family now in hiding . And so it goes when Mob rule Vigilantes get a head of steam . Or are the family also to be punished, summarily executed or whatever hot headed phrases are to hand .

Are we happy now . Or you want more .

Revenge is not the solution . Now that family are being terrorized, no doubt this being "justified" in the same moral outrage hang em high zone as some posts here.

If you want to solve this so the terrible tragedy never happens again or at least reduced. Ask some better questions
    For example it was public knowledge that this girl was being bullied , this marked her out as a victim an easy target in general terms , so unfortunately Boy A went for it, but what did her school do to help her? What did other students do including some 18 year olds

No the school did not murder her nor other pupils but her being a victim of bullying played its part
    Maybe energy should go into future preventive measure for victimized children at school. Maybe more attention to games that a 13 year old is paying maybe some process for accessing his phone /computer and what was on there for parents in the future , maybe there should be a system where until say 16 the parents can access by default automatically in agreement with Phone companies /internet companies

But I would start with looking at bullying and its role here that can be acted on without to much resistance. Learn the lessons from this tragedy so we can if not eliminate it we can reduce the chances.

I have a sense that diminished responsibility will show itself
    Clubcard stop now
    "Those who keep the ability to see beauty, never grow old"- Frank Kafka

You will Always be fond of me .I represent all the Sins you never had the Courage to commit Oscar Wilde

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beautyaddict For This Useful Post:

Harrybigtoe (20-06-19), homealone1 (05-11-19)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsoap1 View Post
    Come in admin, don’t let folk here encourage disclosing names of those lads. It’s none of our business! The people involved know who they are. This is just putting justice into a crowd of barstool mouths!! Have some f..... decency!
    Use the report button please. Will make it much quicker.
    “Nothing is more creative... nor destructive... than a brilliant mind with a purpose.”
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TomEA For This Useful Post:

beautyaddict (20-06-19), Harrybigtoe (20-06-19), homealone1 (05-11-19)

Reviews

So sad and what violent teenagers
    People blame the videos for this and i do think they play the part in it, remember the video nasties from long ago,
    Psychology they do have an effect
    Last edited by knibbs; 05-11-19 at 13:17.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to knibbs For This Useful Post:

homealone1 (05-11-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesLeeRay View Post
    Bullshit I grew up watching over 18 films from about age 7 or so. From Hell Raiser to Nightmare on Elm Street and saw violence in all sorts of films. They picked on the soft target, the adopted foreign girl. I hope the wee bastard that made it sexual becomes so fucked up in the head in jail that it won't be safe to you let him out.
    no one can excuse what they done, it was terrible, everyone is different though, im much much older than them teenagers and video nasties effect even me now,
    I love watching Jason Voorhees PinHead and Freddy krueger but if I have something to do like bring in clothes from the garage I always do it before the video starts as be in fear and couldnt go out after I saw it so it does have an effect for a short time,
    Last edited by knibbs; 05-11-19 at 14:17.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    Boy A gets life in detention, to be reviewed after 12 years. Boy B gets 15 years in detention, to be reviewed after 8 years. Rip Ana.
    No punishment that could be handed down in our jurisdiction was ever going to fit the crime , so for me there was no amount of time they would serve that would be appropriate The reality is , if they behave reasonably well , get a bit of counciing , then they are back on the streets as young men Sad reality. Hopefully Ana’s parents can cope with the huge loss to their family. RIP Ana

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryankelvin For This Useful Post:

Mrbean76 (05-11-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesLeeRay View Post
    Bullshit I grew up watching over 18 films from about age 7 or so. From Hell Raiser to Nightmare on Elm Street and saw violence in all sorts of films. They picked on the soft target, the adopted foreign girl. I hope the wee bastard that made it sexual becomes so fucked up in the head in jail that it won't be safe to you let him out.
    I understand your feelings but the reality is no matter how fucked up in the head he gets he will be let out and then probably kill.again.

It also appears that boy B was the leader so.to.speak and he seems to.be causing problems in custody all the time whereas boy A is cooperating with the authorities

Sadly only the 2 lads know the real truth and at least one will always be a risk to.innocent people when released.

Reviews

The second boy got off very lightly

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast