Thread: Greedy landlord

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Default Greedy landlord

Always liked my landlord until I received my new lease off him in the post this morning. Been living in the apartment for 5 years, seen my rent rise from €1200 to €1850 over the course of those years, which annoyed me but I liked the place and wanted to stay. Lease is due for renewal in a month's time and he called me last Friday to have a chat about if I want to stay. I said I'd be happy to stay once the rent doesn't increase to much. He told me there would be no increase in rent this year as it would go above the 4% cap which delighted me. This morning in the post came a copy of the lease which to his word the rent is €1850, but that now does not include parking. If I want to keep my parking spot I have to pay an add on of €150 per month. How sneaky is that eh not a word about it on the phone. According to guy in the apartment next to me it's the new thing to get more money. If I don't agree to pay it the landlord will rent it to someone. No surprise to say the landlord won't answer his phone to me.
    Anyone looking for a roommate because I'm moving

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pegmyass85 For This Useful Post:

gameboy (21-03-19), johnwin530 (20-03-19)