Thread: Greedy landlord

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Just be fair to him and keep paying the rate you verbally agreed, there is nothing he can do to get you out. just stay there - he physically cannot move you. Landlords have little rights in this respect, it will take him ages to get you out through legal means.

The RTB process will takes years for him.

I’d Simply tell him you verbally agreed something with him and you are not moving and he can go through the legal procedure if he likes and tell him you are staying there for now. Very little he can do.

You could squat there and pay him nothing and there is fuck all he can do too, but that’s just being a bollocks to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by pegmyass85 View Post
    I can blame him. He told me face 2 face there wouldn't be any increase, then sends a lease with a letter saying if I don't pay for parking he'll rent to parking spot to someone else. I've been living there 5 years, in that time I've never missed the rent once,
    A few months ago I replaced the bearing in the washing machine myself, saving him buying a new machine. He's never had a complaint about me an this is how he treats me. Nothing but greed. And he still won't answer the phone, Sent me a text message saying he'll deal with issue over email only.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pblinder For This Useful Post: