Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
Thing is QuarterPoundHer, I stated in the thread that I hoped that here in Soap Opera where the rules are meant to be a bit lax... that the mods might be able to handle the sight of an image that was a little stretched. And I thought it suited the image, and it does.

Let me assure you I apologise profusely and am genuinely sorry if you or anyone else found the concept of having a slightly stretched image on Soap Opera so offensive to your sensibilities that you found it necessary to delete it. I am REALLY SORRY for all the pain, hurt, anger and confusion caused by posting a slightly stretched image initially.

So next I resized the image to fit the page *twice* (it was still a bit stretched the first time so I did it again quickly), which took up a bit of time. And then what? You lock the thread and delete the image... and for what?

The image wasn't stretched the second time. I mean what resolution are you using, 640x400...? 800x600? Definitely not higher than that if it was stretched. This laptop is over two and a half years old... one computer I have that's about 8 years old has about the same resolution.... so if you can't even use the resolution used by ordinary people visiting this site then maybe it's time to put down the baton (however that phrase goes) and take the enormous step of refraining to mod threads for images that seem stretched on your 10 year old computer. I don't understand how you leave other pictures if that appeared stretched.
The image is not the issue here ngan and was not why I locked the thread. The issue here is what you did after that. It is not for you to do that and is why I had to put my foot down. When my foot goes down its stays down and man nor beast will move it.