Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit Explained, sort of

The reason of a Brexit was to leave without a deal.
    May herself should have done what was expected and agreed to a No Deal Brexit, but due to her huge failure, she is now saying goodbye.

After the referendum, they wanted to do a vote to make sure that is what the public had voted for.

Would there been another vote to see if that's what the public voted for if Remain had won the vote? I doubt it.
    Of course the remainers in Parliament did not expect Brexit to win and now they have done their best to sabotage it, a couple have even admitted in trying to do so.
    These people need to be removed from the Parliament and tried for treason as they don't seem to believe in Democracy.
    Last edited by Floki; 24-05-19 at 12:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Floki View Post
    The reason of a Brexit was to leave without a deal.
    Nobody proposed a no deal Brexit during the referendum.
    Brexit proponents promised the German carmakers and the Champagne growers of France would ensure we had a deal to keep their markets open.
    It was alleged to be the 'easiest' deal in history.

Now folks want to rewrite history - not the first or last time that will happen

3. The Following User Says Thank You to whatdoIknow For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (25-05-19)

Quote Originally Posted by goatboy View Post
    If you look at Brexit and the similar rhetoric from Trump then think Orwellian when it comes to languages ability to protect us from politicians who would rather not have us know the truth.Politics and the English language essay,clarity would make it near impossible for leaders to say stupid and dishonest things._.Hence the reason not to do so._.Go back to sleep people your governments have it all under control._._._.Here Floki ten more series of game of thrones
    Unfortunately as George RR Martin didn't write this series, we are not going to see blood, only idiots throwing Milkshakes around and snowflakes crying.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Floki For This Useful Post:

Reviews

May be gone , no sympathy from me , put her party before country called stupid election fought it like even worse than stupid, her red lines drowned her and she put the future of her country she so loves in the hands of about 100 Brexit fanatics as in ERG. As to alliance with DUP , again no sympathy.

She discovered compromise and co operation about 3 years too late . Now we will have the Tory party Pantomime and 100,000 mostly folk over 60 years old decide next PM . The Lunatics and the Asylum .

When I started this thread suggested to give them hard brexit , now I think it is the only answer to Boris, Farage etc. Lets call the bluff .
    Clubcard stop now
    "Those who keep the ability to see beauty, never grow old"- Frank Kafka

You will Always be fond of me .I represent all the Sins you never had the Courage to commit Oscar Wilde

7. The Following User Says Thank You to beautyaddict For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (25-05-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by beautyaddict View Post
    May be gone , no sympathy from me , put her party before country called stupid election fought it like even worse than stupid, her red lines drowned her and she put the future of her country she so loves in the hands of about 100 Brexit fanatics as in ERG. As to alliance with DUP , again no sympathy.

She discovered compromise and co operation about 3 years too late . Now we will have the Tory party Pantomime and 100,000 mostly folk over 60 years old decide next PM . The Lunatics and the Asylum .

When I started this thread suggested to give them hard brexit , now I think it is the only answer to Boris, Farage etc. Lets call the bluff .
    Putting party before country was the reason Cameron had the Brexit referendum in the first place. And after the vote he just walks off into the sunset leaving somebody else to clean up his mess. May may have left things in a mess but it was a mess of her predecessor's making. Although I have absolutely no sympathy for her after her handling of the Windrush generation when she was Home Secretary .
    The unfortunate thing is that as bad as she is will her replacement be any better or maybe even worse.
    Hello darkness my old friend.....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

beautyaddict (25-05-19)

Reviews

What do we want?

Nigel Farage Esq. for British Emperor.

When do we want it?

Now!
    Fake news!!FAKE NEWS!!!Covfefe.
    We're making America great again!!
    We got good people on it!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    Putting party before country was the reason Cameron had the Brexit referendum in the first place. And after the vote he just walks off into the sunset leaving somebody else to clean up his mess. May may have left things in a mess but it was a mess of her predecessor's making. Although I have absolutely no sympathy for her after her handling of the Windrush generation when she was Home Secretary .
    The unfortunate thing is that as bad as she is will her replacement be any better or maybe even worse.
    I love Boris.
    It's a Russian name like Vladimir.
    Fake news!!FAKE NEWS!!!Covfefe.
    We're making America great again!!
    We got good people on it!

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast