Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Man / New Law - Destiny .

Exclamation Old Man / New Law - Destiny .

I posted this on another thread >>

More importantly :

2 . Hate to say it , but this poor man already all over the papers ;

Would be perfect opportunity to challenge the legality and constitutionality

of this godforesaken new law . Do we know if he has legal representation ??

This should be taken to the Highest Court , before it sets precedence .

It is Now that the fate of this new law gets decided .

Will this man just take what’s dished out , and so pave the road for many others

to follow down a path , or will he have the resources and mind to Challenge it !!??

What do we know about the case ? Who is Counsel ? What resources could we / I

put forth to take it all the way up ??

: instead of drifting , why not try steer the boat one’s sitting in !?
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (28-01-19), bmw528 (28-01-19), Harrybigtoe (28-01-19), Mr Cuddles (28-01-19), PatsySmith (28-01-19), SteveB (28-01-19), Wolverine (28-01-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    I posted this on another thread >>

More importantly :

2 . Hate to say it , but this poor man already all over the papers ;

Would be perfect opportunity to challenge the legality and constitutionality

of this godforesaken new law . Do we know if he has legal representation ??

This should be taken to the Highest Court , before it sets precedence .

It is Now that the fate of this new law gets decided .

Will this man just take what’s dished out , and so pave the road for many others

to follow down a path , or will he have the resources and mind to Challenge it !!??

What do we know about the case ? Who is Counsel ? What resources could we / I

put forth to take it all the way up ??

: instead of drifting , why not try steer the boat one’s sitting in !?

It is possible in law if a case is likely to cause harm if it is heard in public for it to be heard in private, to have press coverage banned or even for the whole case to be heard in a court far away from where you live.
    This may not be possible, I know, in cases like this, BUT you need legal input from a lawyer to even have a chance.
    I know the police will try to convince you the best way to “keep it quiet” is to just plead guilty but the best way to keep it quiet is to get a lawyer. The threat of a lawyer often will make them back down, especially if they know they have an unprovable case. If you plead guilty you do not even get a hearing.
    Would be interesting indeed, to know if he was even informed of his rights or even if he was misinformed. How legal was his conviction? I would argue it wasn’t if he was bullied into confessing without being cautioned or offered legal advice.
    Would be interesting to hear a higher court’s take on this.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

Harrybigtoe (28-01-19), philipkntz (28-01-19), Stephanie (28-01-19)

Reviews

I'd say been named and shamed has done the damage, he'll probably try to avoid anymore publicity.

But then again if he's done an interview for The Sunday World then maybe he would be interested.
    Hello darkness my old friend.....

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (28-01-19), philipkntz (28-01-19), SteveB (28-01-19)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    It is possible in law if a case is likely to cause harm if it is heard in public for it to be heard in private, to have press coverage banned or even for the whole case to be heard in a court far away from where you live.
    This may not be possible, I know, in cases like this, BUT you need legal input from a lawyer to even have a chance.
    I know the police will try to convince you the best way to “keep it quiet” is to just plead guilty but the best way to keep it quiet is to get a lawyer. The threat of a lawyer often will make them back down, especially if they know they have an unprovable case. If you plead guilty you do not even get a hearing.
    Would be interesting indeed, to know if he was even informed of his rights or even if he was misinformed. How legal was his conviction? I would argue it wasn’t if he was bullied into confessing without being cautioned or offered legal advice.
    I keep looking , trying to find some / any information regarding this case ,

and I cannot find any - beyond the fact he was arrested and convicted 200€ fine ,

and Ruhama gloating .

What Are the details ?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (28-01-19)

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    I'd say been named and shamed has done the damage, he'll probably try to avoid anymore publicity.

But then again if he's done an interview for The Sunday World then maybe he would be interested.
    I cannot find this content online .

Could someone please do a screenshot and post it , please ? Xx

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (28-01-19)

Yes in all the papers but ruhuma really milking it here and making out he is a sex fiend and guys like these should be locked up as a danger to society,
    he is only a lonely guy looking for fun but why do they name and shame on your first offence, its not fair

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hallie For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (28-01-19)

Reviews

I agree, I'm sure he would just like it to go away, I think he was naive In trusting the garda that it would be kept quiet, I would probably have done the same, somebody leaked his details to the press

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ford pefect For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (28-01-19)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    Is there such a thing as Miranda Rights here in ROI ?

: the right to not answer , the right to Not incriminate one’s self ?

To advise you of your Legal Right to competent Counsel , if you can’t

afford one , one will be provided For you ..

In US it’s mandatory to have your rights read out to you at time of arrest .

Without it , arrest is null and void .

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Reviews

a lot of nonsense here on one hand and some guys here are not helping the rest of us and you know who you all are.

Police ans Guards are now going after The Traffickers and thus raiding the Brothels, its like shooting fish in the barrel as they could find these places with their eyes closed, warrants are so easily handed out now to help the police here and this was at a brothel but then again its mostly all brothels now.

They Should be going after Traffickers and

All Clients of Traffickers .

I don’t see anything wrong with that . Kudos !

However , those laws have been on the books for Years :

Didn’t need this new addendum criminalizing ‘law abiding’ citizens .

Visiting trafficked or underage victims (they Are victims !) was already illegal .

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (28-01-19)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast