Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast

Thread: The Game Is Up

Quote Originally Posted by arthur guinness View Post
    couldnt agree more there is nothing worse than a thick guard that man will go out of his way to get you.
    i did take the piss out of them and riled them up and either got cautioned or arrested but i didnt care, you get decent cops and bad cops who want to nail everyone so dont be like me and use your loaf

Reviews

Beyond "good cops and bad cops" there are just people doing a job. Know how to play the game correctly and like everything else, unless you are very unlucky, you will be OK.

Play it incorrectly and you may come unstuck. Need to remember, they will not look a gift horse in the mouth nor neglect low-hanging fruit.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    Beyond "good cops and bad cops" there are just people doing a job. Know how to play the game correctly and like everything else, unless you are very unlucky, you will be OK.

Play it incorrectly and you may come unstuck. Need to remember, they will not look a gift horse in the mouth nor neglect low-hanging fruit.
    You really do talk no sense and give bad advice out here

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cooper View Post
    You really do talk no sense and give bad advice out here
    On the contrary most of his advice is reasonable. No two situations with respect to legal matters are likely to be the same.
    A lot of variations with respect to the same law can occur. Hence there is no golden rule how one should behave when confronted by the police, other than to be as polite as possible, and say very very little until you have had a chance to reflect and consult.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dom Dunn For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Dunn View Post
    On the contrary most of his advice is reasonable. No two situations with respect to legal matters are likely to be the same.
    A lot of variations with respect to the same law can occur. Hence there is no golden rule how one should behave when confronted by the police, other than to be as polite as possible, and say very very little until you have had a chance to reflect and consult.
    its not, i read it and he says if it this situation you don't have to give your name and address, wekk you do... and he says say nothing and that is asking for trouble , he knows like alot on here, alot about nothing

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cooper View Post
    its not, i read it and he says if it this situation you don't have to give your name and address, wekk you do... and he says say nothing and that is asking for trouble , he knows like alot on here, alot about nothing
    Not sure he actually does say this. It is unclear the exact circumstances you must legally give a police officer this information. There may be circumstances in which you don't have to. Likewise there are circumstances where you are obliged to do so.
    you should ask the officer on what grounds he/she requires this information before deciding to divulge it. I state again, at all times be polite and minimalist in terms of giving details, then retreat to consider your options.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dom Dunn For This Useful Post:

SteveB (11-02-19)

Reviews

Unlike other jurisdictions, there is little guidance to be found about law in general, and garda powers in particular. I do not think this is simply an omission, at the risk of sounding paranoid, I think this is deliberate choice by the state to keep the populace ignorant. “Do what the cops and the religious authorities tell you and you will be alright”. You won’t.

Article below is worth a read. I would dispute some of it and not all of it would be endorsed by lawyers, but still worth a read.

https://www.indymedia.ie/article/82108

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ButternCoffee View Post
    So, what are we now, 3 weeks in, and the game is not yet up, and no one has reported being stopped nor questioned in those 3 weeks, so either no body is telling, or the Guards got their conviction, box ticked for the Minister, move on lads and ladies band focus on the more serious stuff.

And we are all just a little bit more aware, but after a few more weeks, everything will return back to normal.
    Can we stop the panic and run now??
    Tend to agree with the general tone of what you say. However, until this legislation is repealed there can be no real return to normal as you call it. It still has very serious implications which include, fines and court appearances, but go well beyond
    to embrace more serious matters. Yes stop the panic, but don't stop the debate.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dom Dunn For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ButternCoffee View Post
    So, what are we now, 3 weeks in, and the game is not yet up, and no one has reported being stopped nor questioned in those 3 weeks, so either no body is telling, or the Guards got their conviction, box ticked for the Minister, move on lads and ladies band focus on the more serious stuff.
    Hopefully,but its worth noting that no one involved in the first conviction (guys who were stopped and questioned)
    bothered their hole telling others about it
    you have to imagine that at least one was a forum user

I agree that the game is not up but don't let your guard down and do what you can to be careful and prepared
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 9/11 moon landings were an outside job

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Forceuser For This Useful Post:

SteveB (11-02-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    Unlike other jurisdictions, there is little guidance to be found about law in general, and garda powers in particular. I do not think this is simply an omission, at the risk of sounding paranoid, I think this is deliberate choice by the state to keep the populace ignorant. “Do what the cops and the religious authorities tell you and you will be alright”. You won’t.

Article below is worth a read. I would dispute some of it and not all of it would be endorsed by lawyers, but still worth a read.

https://www.indymedia.ie/article/82108
    To be honest,on occasion and in reference to the ordinary guard on the street i've found its actually lack of training and awareness of the actual law than actively ignoring it
    i once had to inform a guard of an actual law when they tried to take my car of me and he seemed completely unaware of it!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 9/11 moon landings were an outside job

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Forceuser For This Useful Post:

SteveB (11-02-19), Wolverine (11-02-19)

Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast