Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: The Game Is Up

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JMastodon View Post
    You're entitled to exercise your right to silence. Only in certain specific circumstances can your silence be used against you.
    That's just what the authorities want people to think as it give them power over you. The reality is you can can use your right to silence and guilt can't be implied from it.
    I was more talking about initial reactions than legal ramifications
    I've never seen an innocent person being accused of something and not having a strong initial reaction
    they never say nothing so complete silence or evasiveness would def make a guard extra suspicious

Thats just the way i see it anyhow
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 9/11 moon landings were an outside job

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Forceuser For This Useful Post:

JMastodon (09-02-19)

Reviews

Give your name and address (it's an offence not to), and then "No Comment" to all subsequent Garda questions. Let them do their own work, why should we help them? And, as Fetish Cherry previously pointed out, believe nothing they tell you as it's all just a scam to trick you into confessing or giving them information that will be used against you. Everything you say will be used against you but NEVER used in your favour.
    I def agree about the name and address

Quote Originally Posted by Forceuser View Post
    Common law powersHowever, if the Garda has reasonable grounds for suspecting that you committed an offence, the Garda can use a statutory power to demand your name and address. If you refuse to provide them, then the Garda can arrest you.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reviews

I was more talking about initial reactions than legal ramifications
    I've never seen an innocent person being accused of something and not having a strong initial reaction
    they never say nothing so complete silence or evasiveness would def make a guard extra suspicious

Thats just the way i see it anyhow
    Let the guard be suspicious, it's proving you're guilty is the issue.
    Last edited by JMastodon; 09-02-19 at 17:27.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JMastodon For This Useful Post:

SteveB (09-02-19)

Reviews

Let the guard be suspicious, it's proving you're guilty is the issue.
    true,but the more suspicious they are,they more likely they are to pursue or push the issue
    and from my experience,an annoyed guard can make things much more difficult for you no matter
    what the legal rights are or aren't

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Forceuser For This Useful Post:

Reviews

And here we are, 45 pages later and what have we learned?

Use your common sense ffs!!

I will say no more-Sláinte!!!
    Last edited by Barney Rubble; 09-02-19 at 21:49. Reason: Getting annoyed with this Brexit shit !!
    Hello darkness my old friend.....

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (09-02-19), Stephanie (10-02-19)

Reviews

true,but the more suspicious they are,they more likely they are to pursue or push the issue
    and from my experience,an annoyed guard can make things much more difficult for you no matter
    Couldnt agree more there is nothing worse than a thick guard that man will go out of his way to get you.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arthur Guinness For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (10-02-19), Forceuser (11-02-19)

Wasn't one seeing prostitutes in Russia on our money, it was a state business trip, what was his name again ?
    Your thinking of liam lawlor,dublin FF politician- corrupt as fuck -who was killed in a car accident in 2005 in moscow .Alot of papers said he was with a prossie in the car with him, but she was actually an interpreter he was using to do business over there , she sued the bollix out of them and is now living in a luxury villa by the black sea with the proceeds.
    Last part i made up ,but if she isnt she should be !!!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manofsteel For This Useful Post:

beautyaddict (11-02-19)

Reviews

Agreed, I'm thinking of it from my own personal circumstances, single and nothing much to lose. I understand those married or with partners will have much more to risk.
    Last edited by JMastodon; 10-02-19 at 20:10.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to JMastodon For This Useful Post:

Forceuser (11-02-19)

Reviews

Agreed, I'm thinking of it from my own personal circumstances, single and nothing much to lose. I understand those married or with partners will have much more to risk.
    Nail on head. What will be a hassle and an embarrassment for some, may amount to a life changing event for others. However, it would seem to me that a lot of folk with a lot to lose are carrying on regardless.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Dom Dunn For This Useful Post:

Reviews

“How much pain they have cost us, the evils which have never happened.” – Thomas Jefferson

19. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

MidlifeCrisis (11-02-19)

Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast