Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Christianity is being eroded and despised' - Ireland's moral minority rise up

Reviews

Our moral leaders set such fine example for us to follow.
    To anyone that doesn't like me here.
    I hope you need to pee 3 times tonight, but that you only wake up twice.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to philipkntz For This Useful Post:

celtdick (14-01-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo76 View Post
    Yup, because drink driving, bacon and cabbage, priests shagging children, nuns shoving children's remains into septic tanks, and walking down the street and not seeing a single non-white person were all great cultural things to be proud of.

What identity are you missing that is being eroded? I'm genuinely curious.
    English identity.
    All of what you mention happened in the isle of our neighbouring "friends".
    Exhibit A.
    Oliver Twist.
    In the orphanage.
    Apprenticed to the undertaker.
    Don't think sexual abuse and /or overwork wasn't on the agenda.
    Even with the little drummer boy(or girl).
    Cabin boys started their service at 12.
    We had our export of babies to America.
    England exported its babies and children to Australia.
    The Irish Catholic Church adapted itself to the reigning authority ,churches like people tend to bow to authority-what went on in Ireland was an extension of what pertained in England.
    Doesn't excuse it but puts it in context(especially of an acculturated people).
    Rome rule sure ,but London rule didn't lead anywhere else.
    And what were a subjugated people to do ?
    Lead by example?
    They certainly did .
    Follow the example of their lords and masters to the east.
    Last edited by FranknStein; 14-01-19 at 22:44.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FranknStein For This Useful Post:

celtdick (15-01-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by irishdeltaforce View Post
    Show me one article of babies being thrown into septic tanks in England please?

Don't put the fucking disgusting behaviour of our leaders since the war of independence on the British.

Can we not take responsibility for ourselves for the sick shit that went on?
    Revolutions betray themselves .
    They go back to what they know .
    What was there before.
    All of what you decry was there for decades before independence, ignored or signed off on by your British masters.
    Ignored I'd say, because who cares about peasants.
    Doesn't really matter about them if there is enough labour to power your factories.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by FranknStein View Post
    Revolutions betray themselves .
    They go back to what they know .
    What was there before.
    All of what you decry was there for decades before independence, ignored or signed off on by your British masters.
    Ignored I'd say, because who cares about peasants.
    Doesn't really matter about them if there is enough labour to power your factories.
    So you're saying that because of the past we can't have a different/better future?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gonzo76 For This Useful Post:

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by irishdeltaforce View Post
    "We are being swept along by a tide where Christianity is being eroded and despised,"

Good, because our so-called moral leaders where/having sex with children.

Children!

And being covered up by the rest including Popes.

Fucking Muppets.
    Pedophiles won't disappear if religion disappears . Pedophiles are predators who will infiltrate any ascending or powerful hierarchy anywhere . Rats just jump off a sinking ship and find another.

I think some people have a nostalgic sense of loss for what might have been or never was aka an Ireland run by people with actual ethics .

Social justice warrior pc nonsense is the new religion and that's not helping either . You just have to look at the thousands of rapes covered up in Rotherham and across the UK by the new hypocrite on the block , the "religion of pc". Same shit different day .
    Maybe one day people will think independently but it's still a long way away for most .
    Just like Rotherham in the UK , the church in Ireland would never have gotten away with anything without the collusion for decades of the parties of government ,FF, FG and Labour , the Gardai and the collusion of the media . In my view the church is being scapegoated by fellow gang members acting all pious. It doesn't make the church less guilty but it's a cunning three card trick of bait and switch .
    Last edited by celtdick; 14-01-19 at 23:56.
    Kindness is free.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to celtdick For This Useful Post:

FranknStein (14-01-19), willie wacker (14-01-19)

Reviews

So you're saying that because of the past we can't have a different/better future?
    Realists expect.
    Idealists are disappointed.

Eventually.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by celtdick View Post
    Pedophiles won't disappear if religion disappears . Pedophiles are predators who will infiltrate any ascending or powerful hierarchy anywhere . Rats just jump off a sinking ship and find another.

I think some people have a nostalgic sense of loss for what might have been or never was aka an Ireland run by people with actual ethics .

Social justice warrior pc nonsense is the new religion and that's not helping either . You just have to look at the thousands of rapes covered up in Rotherham and across the UK by the new hypocrite on the block , the "religion of pc". Same shit different day .
    Maybe one day people will think independently but it's still a long way away for most .
    Just like Rotherham in the UK , the church in Ireland would never have gotten away with anything without the collusion for decades of the parties of government ,FF, FG and Labour , the Gardai and the collusion of the media . In my view the church is being scapegoated by fellow gang members acting all pious. It doesn't make the church less guilty but it's a cunning three card trick of bait and switch .
    So the poor scapegoat church that won't release the names of priests or any details from its own investigations? This wonderful new pope we have... Cry me a river.

Whataboutism at its finest. At least the government can be voted out or replaced by the will of the people. And while the will of the people gave us Brexit, Trump and boaty mcboatface, that is a distinctly different topic than what the thread is about.

12. Default

So the poor scapegoat church that won't release the names of priests or any details from its own investigations? This wonderful new pope we have... Cry me a river.
    You really didnt understand my post in the slightest did you ?
    I'm not religious. I'm secular. You are deliberately ignoring those in control of the police , army , guns and most of the wealth who facilitated all of this . Ignoring them just means they can do this again using another religion or organisation.
    I suggest you save just a small measure of your venom for the TDs and Gardai who knew all about this and acted as enforcers.
    Last edited by celtdick; 15-01-19 at 00:17.
    Kindness is free.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to celtdick For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by celtdick View Post
    You really didnt understand my post in the slightest did you ?
    I'm not religious. I'm secular. You are deliberately ignoring those in control of the police , army , guns and most of the wealth who facilitated all of this . Ignoring them just means they can do this again using another religion or organisation.
    I suggest you save just a small measure of your venom for the TDs and Gardai who knew all about this and acted as enforcers.
    Re-read my post. You are whatabouting. It is off topic to the original thread.I'm not disputing the guilt of others, but this thread is about the church, and the loss of our "culture".

15. Default

Re-read my post. You are whatabouting. It is off topic to the original thread.I'm not disputing the guilt of others, but this thread is about the church, and the loss of our "culture".
    Wheres the "whatabouting"? There is none. You can't see the wood for the trees . I'm old enough to remember the virgin megastore being raided on suspicion it was selling condoms. Meanwhile the rape of children was being ignored by FF , FG , Labour , the Gardai , the media etc etc .
    That's the rotten culture right there and you can drive a stake through the heart of the church but that won't fix anything unless you simultaneously drive a.stake through the hearts of our other rotten institutions who are guilty as hell but using all their might to create an easy open and shut case which doesn't involve them .
    Last edited by celtdick; 15-01-19 at 00:32.
    Kindness is free.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast