Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Patreon — some scary scary sh*te going down ..

1. Exclamation Patreon — some scary scary sh*te going down ..

I first saw JP & friend piece on this yesterday , then did a bit of research ;

: been on my mind ever since .

This be some scary scary stuff going down ,

Prob has been going down for some time ,

I’m only aware of it now .

First YouTube demonetized (read Censored !) contributors

it deemed ‘Inappropriate’ ; they moved en masse to Patreon ,

now Paying on Patreon is being made impossible by MasterCard and the likes

all in order to make free thought , free speech , any dissent impossible .

: Institutionalized oppression of any thought that does not fall in line w far Lib pc .

Big Brother and 1984 and what was that .. ? Think .. ?

I Don’t like it , don’t like it atall .

I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

celtdick (20-01-19), johnfox (21-01-19), Wolverine (20-01-19)

3. Default

“ Manifest Observable Behavior” - MOB .

Look it up x
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

celtdick (20-01-19)

Reviews

Private companies can do whatever they want within the law. They are free to have a liberal bias if they want and choose who to work with.

Dave Cullen, Jordan Peterson and the rest of the triggered snowflakes can go and setup breitbart-pay.

If I ran a business where I had only one method of payment, I think it's not a very good business model. I'd be worrying and complaining about how the world was out to get me too...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gonzo76 For This Useful Post:

Gerrym01 (21-01-19)

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo76 View Post
    Private companies can do whatever they want within the law. They are free to have a liberal bias if they want and choose who to work with.

Dave Cullen, Jordan Peterson and the rest of the triggered snowflakes can go and setup breitbart-pay.

If I ran a business where I had only one method of payment, I think it's not a very good business model. I'd be worrying and complaining about how the world was out to get me too...
    Unless it's a private company thats run by Muslims or Christians which doesn't want to bake a cake glorifying something that.foes against their conscience eh ?

And banks , PayPal , MasterCard , stripe , the whole global financial system etc is a cartel operating by public license .They are not strictly private entities. You just have to see how they get bailed out by public.funds again and again .
    Kindness is free.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to celtdick For This Useful Post:

johnfox (21-01-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by celtdick View Post
    Unless it's a private company thats run by Muslims or Christians which doesn't want to bake a cake glorifying something that.foes against their conscience eh ?

And banks , PayPal , MasterCard , stripe , the whole global financial system etc is a cartel operating by public license .They are not strictly private entities. You just have to see how they get bailed out by public.funds again and again .
    Re-read please, you missed the part where I said "within the law".

Which would be back to that pesky church and state argument you had so much difficulty understanding the other day.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo76 View Post
    Re-read please, you missed the part where I said "within the law".

Which would be back to that pesky church and state argument you had so much difficulty understanding the other day.
    I can see you have a great respect for the law. Otherwise you wouldn't be here to lecture us all
    Kindness is free.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    I first saw JP & friend piece on this yesterday , then did a bit of research ;

: been on my mind ever since .

This be some scary scary stuff going down ,

Prob has been going down for some time ,

I’m only aware of it now .

First YouTube demonetized (read Censored !) contributors

it deemed ‘Inappropriate’ ; they moved en masse to Patreon ,

now Paying on Patreon is being made impossible by MasterCard and the likes

all in order to make free thought , free speech , any dissent impossible .

: Institutionalized oppression of any thought that does not fall in line w far Lib pc .

Big Brother and 1984 and what was that .. ? Think .. ?

I Don’t like it , don’t like it atall .

20 years ago censorship was a tactic employed by the right wing. Freedom of speech and opinions were cherished by the left.
    The world is a very different place.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wolverine For This Useful Post:

celtdick (20-01-19), johnfox (21-01-19)

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    20 years ago censorship was a tactic employed by the right wing. Freedom of speech and opinions were cherished by the left.
    The democrats were the anti war party . Now they are the pro war party . But before that Bill Clinton killed half a million kids in Iraq ...
    Kindness is free.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by celtdick View Post
    The democrats were the anti war party . Now they are the pro war party . But before that Bill Clinton killed half a million kids in Iraq ...
    Shame on you Saddam Hussein.
    The consequences of invading your neighbours .
    Last edited by FranknStein; 20-01-19 at 20:44.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    I think it it's a very interesting time, where the new technology and social media are moving at a pace that goes beyond what was conceivable when censorship and freedom of speech laws were created.

20 years ago it wasn't possible for Joe next door to create media and market it to a worldwide audience. Unless he had a tv show or radio show, or a newspaper.

Now with the explosion of the internet, anyone with a YouTube channel or a Facebook page etc, can spread anything they like. Those companies have been woefully unprepared and in some cases willfully ignorant to the issues in the interests of making money.

But the issue becomes where the line is on free speech vs hate speech. Three are very few countries where there is truly free speech, there are limits in almost every country.

If your platform is fox news, then they may censor a left wing pundit or opinion. If it is a national media service, they may censor criticism of the standing government, and if it is a social media company, they may censor if the content loses them advertisers or goes against their "ethos", whatever that may be.

It will be interesting to see where it all leads in the future, but in my opinion, content creators with a controversial message, it is just common sense to expect issues finding a platform to promote that message.

At least Alex Jones sells boner pills and supplements to diversify his revenue stream.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast