Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prisons

Reviews

Default Prisons

This thread spawns from, as my threads often do, from extracts of the opinions of idiots, on a worryingly high rate. But then I no longer give attention to the daily episodes of the sitcoms directed and written by idiots

The Midlands Prison in Portlaoise, yesterday christened the dawn of their new 'violence reduction unit'. This unit comprises several luxuries, least of which is access to video games on an Xbox.

Upon reading this for the first time, I bloodied my hand, caused by the force at which I struck it against the corner of my desk. Again, as I often do, I sat there and contemplated everything that is wrong with... with you. Humans. Homo sapiens. And I continue to distance myself from labeling myself as same because I no longer see logic or reason in how the world operates.

"Prisons are about rehabilitation, not punishment".

I pondered on that for quite some time, as I could feel the blood almost boiling in my veins from the pure ignorance of it all. Rapists, murderers, traffickers, child molestors, torturers, acid-attackers, and more.. these are not man, they are beast. Disgusting, vile monsters with no presence of heart nor mind. The worst that our kind has to offer, the very spawn of hell, fire and brimstone themselves. And thus where I take issue with the ridiculously naive policy of operating a system of rehabilitation and not punishment.

Prisons, in much of the so-called 'Western world', are more akin to terrible quality low budget hotels rather than actual centres of so-called 'justice'. Now not all crime is equal and of course, the "punishment" should scale accordingly. But let's focus on the worst of the worst, which is the very clientele that this prison mentioned caters for.

Such creatures cannot be rehabilitated, because they are not human. Not only are they not human, they are not even animals. They are beasts. Creatures with bottomless pits where their hearts should rest, whose minds are hell bent on nothing but the exploitation and suffering of others. The belief that these things could possibly return to an ordinary life as ordinary citizens is as childishly naive and ignorant as those who campaigned for to bring the 'Swedish model' into law who thought that any such law would make a blind bit of difference to combating human trafficking or making it a safer environment for independent sex workers... To this day and for every day I live until the day I die, I shall remain completely confused as to how they thought that was in any way beneficial to anyone, the irony being that the only ones being helped by this law are the very ones that this law should be targeting in this first place, i.e. human traffickers.

But I digress. Later on after reading this pure idiocy, I stumbled upon something which I would see far more fitting for a prison environment. And this came from a very unexpected source, a country who by today's standards, is quite backward for a country that is one of the most powerful countries in the world, and by extension, one of the most dangerous: Russia.

There is a prison in Russia with a much more fitting policy in tackling the daily lives of prisoners while incarcerated. This prison, one of the oldest in Russia, is known as the Black Dolphin Prison, so named for a statue that sits outside its main entrance. This prison, similarly to our own Midlands, caters for the worst of the worst. All residents at this prison however, are each and all on permanent vacation at this holiday vista.

Inmates are kept isolated and housed in cells that are safeguarded with three steel doors. 90 per day, they are transported to a large cage for exercise, during which time their cells are searched for any and all types of contraband. 24 hour supervision is enforced, and something which I find particularly joyful: they are not allowed to rest or sit on their bunks from the moment they are awaken until 'lights out'.

Guards make rounds every quarter hour to ensure these rules are being adhered to. They are fed soup four times a day, and are allowed only books, newspapers and a radio for entertainment.

When a new prisoner arrives, they are blindfolded so that they cannot map out the prison or plan escapes. This is repeated when being transported between buildings. Unique to this prison, prisoners while being transported, are held in a "stress position": they are bent over at the waist with their handcuffed hands are held behind their backs. This is done to prevent possible escape attempts and attacks on guards. There have however been rumours of abuse and misconduct, but there has been no official reports of complaints giving credit to these claims.

A bit overboard, over the top? Maybe, maybe not. But this is a damn side better than the shitshow holiday getaways that we are employing. Making prisons actually being about punishment, not rehabilitation. Because rehabilitation does not work, not for the very beasts that these two prisons cater for. The only way to deal with them, is to do to them what they have done to others: strip them of their 'human rights'.
    Last edited by ladiesman217; 10-11-18 at 20:48.
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ladiesman217 For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (10-11-18), Davina (13-11-18), irishjp (10-11-18)

Reviews

In this country an elderly person would be safer to be convicted for shop lifting and sent to jail than having to give away all their life savings to be treated like dirt in a nursing home.
    Hello darkness my old friend.....

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (10-11-18), Davina (13-11-18), irishjp (10-11-18), Liberty Love (11-11-18)

I know of Black Dolphin , and I approve of this thread xx
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Davina (13-11-18), irishjp (10-11-18)

Reviews

Some of these things should be dragged out the back and hanged. At least we could reuse the rope. Rapists child molesters acid attacker’s. Society as a whole is so wrong.

What the feck with people awaiting trail they can do what they like because they know they are going to jail anyway and won’t get extra time like WTF

Quote Originally Posted by ladiesman217 View Post
    This thread spawns from, as my threads often do, from extracts of the opinions of idiots, on a worryingly high rate. But then I no longer give attention to the daily episodes of the sitcoms directed and written by idiots

The Midlands Prison in Portlaoise, yesterday christened the dawn of their new 'violence reduction unit'. This unit comprises several luxuries, least of which is access to video games on an Xbox.

Upon reading this for the first time, I bloodied my hand, caused by the force at which I struck it against the corner of my desk. Again, as I often do, I sat there and contemplated everything that is wrong with... with you. Humans. Homo sapiens. And I continue to distance myself from labeling myself as same because I no longer see logic or reason in how the world operates.

I pondered on that for quite some time, as I could feel the blood almost boiling in my veins from the pure ignorance of it all. Rapists, murderers, traffickers, child molestors, torturers, acid-attackers, and more.. these are not man, they are beast. Disgusting, vile monsters with no presence of heart nor mind. The worst that our kind has to offer, the very spawn of hell, fire and brimstone themselves. And thus where I take issue with the ridiculously naive policy of operating a system of rehabilitation and not punishment.

Prisons, in much of the so-called 'Western world', are more akin to terrible quality low budget hotels rather than actual centres of so-called 'justice'. Now not all crime is equal and of course, the "punishment" should scale accordingly. But let's focus on the worst of the worst, which is the very clientele that this prison mentioned caters for.

Such creatures cannot be rehabilitated, because they are not human. Not only are they not human, they are not even animals. They are beasts. Creatures with bottomless pits where their hearts should rest, whose minds are hell bent on nothing but the exploitation and suffering of others. The belief that these things could possibly return to an ordinary life as ordinary citizens is as childishly naive and ignorant as those who campaigned for to bring the 'Swedish model' into law who thought that any such law would make a blind bit of difference to combating human trafficking or making it a safer environment for independent sex workers... To this day and for every day I live until the day I die, I shall remain completely confused as to how they thought that was in any way beneficial to anyone, the irony being that the only ones being helped by this law are the very ones that this law should be targeting in this first place, i.e. human traffickers.

But I digress. Later on after reading this pure idiocy, I stumbled upon something which I would see far more fitting for a prison environment. And this came from a very unexpected source, a country who by today's standards, is quite backward for a country that is one of the most powerful countries in the world, and by extension, one of the most dangerous: Russia.

There is a prison in Russia with a much more fitting policy in tackling the daily lives of prisoners while incarcerated. This prison, one of the oldest in Russia, is known as the Black Dolphin Prison, so named for a statue that sits outside its main entrance. This prison, similarly to our own Midlands, caters for the worst of the worst. All residents at this prison however, are each and all on permanent vacation at this holiday vista.

Inmates are kept isolated and housed in cells that are safeguarded with three steel doors. 90 per day, they are transported to a large cage for exercise, during which time their cells are searched for any and all types of contraband. 24 hour supervision is enforced, and something which I find particularly joyful: they are not allowed to rest or sit on their bunks from the moment they are awaken until 'lights out'.

Guards make rounds every quarter hour to ensure these rules are being adhered to. They are fed soup four times a day, and are allowed only books, newspapers and a radio for entertainment.

When a new prisoner arrives, they are blindfolded so that they cannot map out the prison or plan escapes. This is repeated when being transported between buildings. Unique to this prison, prisoners while being transported, are held in a "stress position": they are bent over at the waist with their handcuffed hands are held behind their backs. This is done to prevent possible escape attempts and attacks on guards. There have however been rumours of abuse and misconduct, but there has been no official reports of complaints giving credit to these claims.

A bit overboard, over the top? Maybe, maybe not. But this is a damn side better than the shitshow holiday getaways that we are employing. Making prisons actually being about punishment, not rehabilitation. Because rehabilitation does not work, not for the very beasts that these two prisons cater for. The only way to deal with them, is to do to them what they have done to others: strip them of their 'human rights'.
    Death Penalty for murders in cold blood, rapists and child molsters. These creatures are vermin and need to be rid of.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenton For This Useful Post:

irishjp (11-11-18), Stephanie (11-11-18)

Quote Originally Posted by Kenton View Post
    Death Penalty for murders in cold blood, rapists and child molsters. These creatures are vermin and need to be rid of.
    In your opinion is there a difference between a person who is emotionally / sexually drawn to children

but is fully aware of its wrongness and does / does not act on his desires , or

The one who will take the easiest target (that being a helpless child) and abusing them sexually / physically ?

: Punishment / Penalties ?

: in your opinion , which more dangerous to children in long run ,

: in your opinion should either / or neither ever be released back into Society ?

: supervision ! ?

*spell
    Last edited by Stephanie; 11-11-18 at 10:40.

Reviews

[QUOTE=Stephanie;2134332]In your opinion is there a difference between a person who is emotionally / sexually drawn to children

The one who will take the easiest target (that being a helpless child) and abusing them sexually / physically ?

: in your opinion should either / or neither ever be released back into Society ?

: supervision

Could you really take a chance with ither.
    Should never be aloud out.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to irishjp For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (11-11-18)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by irishjp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    In your opinion is there a difference between a person who is emotionally / sexually drawn to children

: supervision
    Could you really take a chance with ither.
    Should never be aloud out.
    But they DO get released !!

What of it !!?

As we differentiate between “heat of passion” killings and sentencing route ,

As opposed to “cold blooded calculated premeditated murder committed for gain” ... ,

Should there be a differentiation between those two I mentioned and diff approaches

to letting them back in (if atall) , into Society !??

: they DO get released back !

I am absolutely shocked at the very very lenient sentences handed down for violent crimes !!

What gives ??

Reviews

As a country as a whole people are not rehabilitated for the lesser crimes. As you see with so many repeat offenders. People up in court with up to a hundred offenses after committing offenses on bail. People making a living from crime because the punishment is easy time. There’s people that commit small offenses so they are put in jail for the winter. Would you ever take a chance with anything to do with kids no be it someone that has feelings and doesn’t act or people that act they should be locked up for good. Never again see the light of day

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ladiesman217 View Post

The " Hang 'em High Brigade" rides again.

"You can judge the civilisation in a society by entering its prisons"--Dostoevsky.

Go east young man.Comrade Putin will find use for a man with your mettle.

Even better take a time machine back to Comrade Stalin and the Gulags to see how it's done.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to slimboyfat For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast