View Poll Results: What do you think of the new chat?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love it!

13 31.71%
  • Hate it!

28 68.29%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The New Chat Thingy

i think its cool......... yea, man...... is it a chatroom tho....... bring back the one where we could see who's in there? or maybe not, now bu only get to see those who actually chat... am I in favour, yes and no...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crispinphlox View Post
    i think its cool......... yea, man...... is it a chatroom tho....... bring back the one where we could see who's in there? or maybe not, now bu only get to see those who actually chat... am I in favour, yes and no...
    Nothing like knowing your mind and being decisive eh..........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

What Patricia should try to do is this...

Have the good flash chat of old BUT also keep a record of the conversations and push people into going in there without having to click an extra button, disconnects etc.. Best of both worlds.

As many people are aware lurking is a very common thing in some chatrooms. Just because you might be away doesn't mean there's no point in you being in there.

Reviews

I hardly ever used the chatroom but old one was better. This new one isn't very private and people can read what's going on without going in.
    Help Keyla in her fight with cancer. Every little helps.
    It could happen to any of us.
    https://gofund.me/8e340537

Reviews

keep voting folks

Thumbs up I like it

Nice and handy seeing at a glance whats going on or down as might be the case and noticed few more folks using it now.

wishlist~~~~ability to private message in new chat even though it isn't really private

Elle x

Reviews

Default Rubbish

Patricia, bring back the old chat. This one has no privacy and that was one thig that I personally loved about the old one, you could have a private chat with other members while also joining in with general chat. This new version is just not as good as the old one. Please Patricia bring it back.

Default fuck sake Pat

The chat thing is a piece of shit.

But I'm even more amazed that somebody who supposedly values her members and has polls at the drop of a hat decides to make such a drastic change to an important part of the site.

I seldomly used the old chat.

which is why this one is so fucking annoying.

its in my face and i've no choice

dom

Quote Originally Posted by dom View Post

its in my face and i've no choice

dom
    Patricia could say the same about you if your location under her desk is correct

It would be handy if a logged in user had the option to switch it off. My net speed is not great and every time I open page the chat on top slows down that loading time a fair bit more then it did before and it was not great to start with. Also every time someone posts in chat the page slows down as it is constantly being sent new data at slow speeds.

Not a problem for people in the big smokes around Ireland with fast connections but it sure slows down things for those outside that faster service. Other then that I like it as its easy to just drop in and out but private chat was a very good feature with the old chat and hopefully can be integrated into this one.

Reviews

I hate the bloody thing.

Surely there's a decent chatroom system out there that would suit the site. I know eff all about teh Interweb but surely one of the E-I computer boffins does?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast