Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Cocaine

Love

Quote Originally Posted by beautyaddict View Post
    copied from another site also have a look on Wikipedia, there he makes it clear its an anti drugs song disguised , on stage he it seems added dirty cocaine to lyrics

The lyrics are about drug addiction, something Clapton knew quite well. As he explained in his autobiography Clapton, when he recorded this song, he had kicked a serious heroin habit but was filling his body with cocaine and alcohol. His attitude at the time was that he could manage his addiction and quit at any time - he just didn't want to; that's why he could sing so objectively about a drug that was consuming him. When he finally did get off drugs and alcohol, he had to learn how to make music while sober, which was a big transition as everything sounded very rough to him. He also realized how damaging his addiction was to himself and others on a personal level, and became active in helping others get through their addictions; in 1998 he opened the Crossroads rehab center in Antigua, where clients go through a 29 day wellness-centered approach to treatment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    I’d be curious someone do a Line-by-Line interpretation of the lyrics x

I have mine .

Ie . What do you think each line of the song means / refers to / represents in RL .
    As above x
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

beautyaddict (21-09-18)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FinnMickC00L View Post
    Surprised it hasn't been posted here already.I was getting close but nah ,,too much effort.
    I know i was going too but meh

Literally singing just the verse over and over

Reviews

its good for my business but do feel sorry for them, stay away from the stuff as ruins gums and teeth and you will never been done making appointments with guys like us

Blog Entries

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to annabel taylor For This Useful Post:

beautyaddict (21-09-18), rebelscouse (21-09-18)

Reviews

Fuck ya you made me laugh despite myself ,

Quote Originally Posted by goatboy View Post
    Trevor you are a moron.Enjoy your life.Slan.
    lol no joke. If people are going to buy it i would rather they buy the right stuff and not the cheap gack sold by dealers who want to make a quick buck by cutting it with all sorts. Gack gear will always be profitable as long as someone is willing to buy it especially someone relatively new to cocaine use. The online selling sites ethos is to make the sell without hassle for the dealer and the customer. Dealers are reviewed on this site and they get kicked of the site for selling gack gear. There is a forum and everything just like here.

Quote Originally Posted by goatboy View Post
    Even when cocaine arrives in rotterdam it has been taxed._.If you want pure you wash it ._.If you want good ecstasy you order your own specific mix in the Netherlands by the people who make it and you can test it._.If you want good weed you grow it._._dark web my ass._._
    Cocaine comes in many different ways. Pure cocaine is widely available. There are a lot more drugs available than just cocaine on the deep web drug sites
    Dealers pay for a spot on said sites and as i said there is a forum just like this one.

Last edited by Trevor08; 21-09-18 at 19:41.

Quote Originally Posted by beautyaddict View Post
    copied from another site also have a look on Wikipedia, there he makes it clear its an anti drugs song disguised , on stage he it seems added dirty cocaine to lyrics

The lyrics are about drug addiction, something Clapton knew quite well. As he explained in his autobiography Clapton, when he recorded this song, he had kicked a serious heroin habit but was filling his body with cocaine and alcohol. His attitude at the time was that he could manage his addiction and quit at any time - he just didn't want to; that's why he could sing so objectively about a drug that was consuming him. When he finally did get off drugs and alcohol, he had to learn how to make music while sober, which was a big transition as everything sounded very rough to him. He also realized how damaging his addiction was to himself and others on a personal level, and became active in helping others get through their addictions; in 1998 he opened the Crossroads rehab center in Antigua, where clients go through a 29 day wellness-centered approach to treatment.
    Wow I know the meaning of the song but no way could I have conveyed it's meaning and J.J Cale's lyrics thanks do much for that.
    STD 'Seize The Day'

11. The Following User Says Thank You to StevieB1980 For This Useful Post:

beautyaddict (27-09-18)

Reviews

Doing lines is so Hollywood, sniff a blob of it off a €2 coin, it's more Irish!

In all seriousness using intoxicating substances is a personal thing. I've a close friend who swears acid is like heaven on earth while my experience of it was hell on earth. If your brain chemistry causes cocaine to lead to paranoia and depression it's to be avoided, but if it causes you to have a great high with no after effects then it suits your body chemistry.
    Addiction is an outcome from depression, it's a way of escaping from the bleak reality you are living in, if someone is mentally sound they are less likely to have a problem with substances and may just be using them to stimulate new experiences in their brain.
    If anyone is drinking, smoking, popping tabs to escape reality they need to talk to their gp and get their head balanced out again.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mij For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mij View Post
    Doing lines is so Hollywood, sniff a blob of it off a €2 coin, it's more Irish!

In all seriousness using intoxicating substances is a personal thing. I've a close friend who swears acid is like heaven on earth while my experience of it was hell on earth. If your brain chemistry causes cocaine to lead to paranoia and depression it's to be avoided, but if it causes you to have a great high with no after effects then it suits your body chemistry.
    Addiction is an outcome from depression, it's a way of escaping from the bleak reality you are living in, if someone is mentally sound they are less likely to have a problem with substances and may just be using them to stimulate new experiences in their brain.
    If anyone is drinking, smoking, popping tabs to escape reality they need to talk to their gp and get their head balanced out again.

You even contradict yourself in your own post , You ever thought about selling snake oil I am sure your post is well researched clinically proven and you have vast experience of the issues... Not

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast