Thread: Mum with 7 children being offered a home

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Mum with 7 children being offered a home

How about she doesnt have seven children and work for once in her life and then have children if she can afford them. She is getting 50 grand a year off the state. The more kids she has, the more money she gets. Just milking the system and how many of those kids will grow up to be criminals in adults.

The sense of entitlement of travellers. They expect everything for free and it is their "culture" not to work.

I am sorry but her kids should have been taken off when they were born. There is no hope for them. Travellers have a higher than average rate of suicide because they have no chance in life.

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Meursault For This Useful Post:

Bigbot69 (17-08-18), bmw528 (16-08-18), casman (17-08-18), JMastodon (16-08-18), RickyBobby (16-08-18), vodafone (03-09-18), willie wacker (16-08-18)

Reviews

There is too much "entitlement" full stop.
    It's not just travellers.

It's hard to get anyone to work these days.
    Why would anyone bother?

Pisses me off no end

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TonyB For This Useful Post:

Bigbot69 (17-08-18), bmw528 (16-08-18), willie wacker (16-08-18)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post

Why would anyone bother?

Pisses me off no end
    I would love to be a hard working LUAS driver.
    Such a responsible job getting us from A to B.
    They deserve to be well paid.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post

Why would anyone bother?

Pisses me off no end
    Get this man a pint.

Fucking shower of wasters they are.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
    How about she doesnt have seven children and work for once in her life and then have children if she can afford them. She is getting 50 grand a year off the state. The more kids she has, the more money she gets. Just milking the system and how many of those kids will grow up to be criminals in adults.

The sense of entitlement of travellers. They expect everything for free and it is their "culture" not to work.

I am sorry but her kids should have been taken off when they were born. There is no hope for them. Travellers have a higher than average rate of suicide because they have no chance in life.
    But you have to legislate for a population, not the outliers. This is not the norm, that's why it's news.

Instead of taking the kids off her as you say, why not mandate or have programs to ensure her kids do make it through school and better themselves, have a better life than their mother.

Like it or not, a woman with 7 kids is not going to be able to work realistically, and certainly not with only primary school education and possibly a single mother (didn't read anything there about the husband being around, or missed it)

You can blame this woman but until you've walked a mile in her shoes, and understand how she got there, that's where I'd be looking. The underlying cause is she had no education and was married at 15. Until that can be fixed these situations will continue to happen.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gonzo76 For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (16-08-18), EnglishAlex (17-08-18)

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo76 View Post
    But you have to legislate for a population, not the outliers. This is not the norm, that's why it's news.

Instead of taking the kids off her as you say, why not mandate or have programs to ensure her kids do make it through school and better themselves, have a better life than their mother.

Like it or not, a woman with 7 kids is not going to be able to work realistically, and certainly not with only primary school education and possibly a single mother (didn't read anything there about the husband being around, or missed it)

You can blame this woman but until you've walked a mile in her shoes, and understand how she got there, that's where I'd be looking. The underlying cause is she had no education and was married at 15. Until that can be fixed these situations will continue to happen.
    Parents have such an influence on children. As long as traveller parents are just sitting on their arses all day, riding their horses through busy city streets, breaking into houses, abusing animals and so on, then their children are going to do the same. You have got to shop off the the head of the snake to kill it. If you took the traveller kids off their traveller parents and raised them in normal homes, the vast majority of them would turn into decent law abiding citizens. They are taught to be scumbags.

Their culture is self sustaining. The traveller children do what their parents teach them and those children then in turn teach their own children. They have no other choice to go on welfare and have seven kids because that is the only way they can make money. Their culture has to change.

There is no hope for traveller kids and i feel sorry for them in ways. Once you are labelled a traveller, its like being labelled a paedophile. Nobody will hire them, nobody wants to be near them. As long as traveller kids have traveller parents, the status quo will remain unchanged.
    Last edited by Meursault; 16-08-18 at 23:26.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
    Parents have such an influence on children. As long as traveller parents are just sitting on their arses all day, riding their horses through busy city streets, breaking into houses, abusing animals and so on, then their children are going to do the same. You have got to shop off the the head of the snake to kill it. If you took the traveller kids off their traveller parents and raised them in normal homes, the vast majority of them would turn into decent law abiding citizens. They are taught to be scumbags.

Their culture is self sustaining. The traveller children do what their parents teach them and those children then in turn teach their own children. They have no other choice to go on welfare and have seven kids because that is the only way they can make money. Their culture has to change.

There is no hope for traveller kids and i feel sorry for them in ways. Once you are labelled a traveller, its like being labelled a paedophile. Nobody will hire them, nobody wants to be near them. As long as traveller kids have traveller parents, the status quo will remain unchanged.
    I will simply point you to the trump dynasty to reflect that what you are saying is common everywhere. Scumbag father, Scumbag kids.

And equally, not all travelers are like you say, and not everyone labels them and disadvantages them as you have indicated.

Many are, and many do, I will accept that of course. But when looking at a social problem you cannot deal in absolutes.

It is the government's responsibility to apply standards of education equally, and to provide the systems that allow all kids equally the same chances. Of course these kids will have it harder and the government fails miserably to do this job.

But again rather than complaining about human nature, if you really cared about it, you'd lobby the government to enact better programs so your hard earned tax money is spent efficiently and wisely so that over time these people can be a net contributer rather than a net loss.

Here again I'm talking policy, not specific cases. Each case needs to be examined on its own merits and each person must take their own individual responsibility. But travelers as a group are disadvantaged, and so it is harder for them. This woman, when she was 15, because of her background, ended up on a path that many could see ending here. Why not instead try to make it so she doesn't end up on that path?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gonzo76 For This Useful Post:

EnglishAlex (17-08-18)