Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brewers Corner

Quote Originally Posted by goatboy View Post
    Any chance of a cuppa ._.
    Sure pal why not. The more the merrier.

Next up Absinthe. The beauty about making Absinthe is that you can grow the herbs required easily enough in your garden. However you will need to use a 90 proof or over alcohol drink like vodka for your base instead of water. A bit like making gin as you also need a spirit based drink as your base mix.

You will also need a still. I recommend using the air still as it is easy to use and not dangerous like the pot still or a homemade hob still which i will show you how to make later.

But if you have a background in chemistry you should be able to make a set up like the man in the video below.

Easy Build Moonshine Still pt1.

This video gives you an idea of the very basics of what is needed.
    A cheap and simple way to build a stove top moonshine still. So small, you can distill while cooking dinner.
    Less than $20, 18 euro or 16 pounds total cost.

If you don't like the aluminium pot, This video shows you how to make one with a stainless steel soup pot
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HIoVV...

BEFORE USING check out this video on how to properly operate a still.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZakPU...

Next up gin. This is a gin recipe and no distilling is required. All you need is a bottle of vodka(whatever brand you like) and some herbs and berries . I will be showing you how to distil your own gin later in the thread.

Next up Turbo Cider.

On a warm sunny day there is nothing quite like a nice pint or two of cider. This video is by a UK home brewer so the apple juice is also availble in your local ASDA. However this video recommends 500 mg of sugar. This is ok but will only give you about 5 or 6 % alcohol. I recommended 1kg of sugar if you want to achieve a hard cider which is about 14% or if thats to strong 800mg of sugar which will give you roughly 8 or 9 % alcohol.

It should only take 1 week and 5 days to ferment.

One of the cheapest, easiest and strongest wines to make next. Sake. This recipe uses Chinese yeast balls but you can use bread yeast if you don’t want to order the yeast balls from amazon. Not many home brew shops stock them but as I say you can pick them up cheap enough on amazon.

I’m not kidding about it being strong, many a time I have gotten light from this stuff and there is a reason why they serve this beverage in shot glasses

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12