Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Huge Online Supprt For Petition Calling For Sen Mulen's Removal

I don't support Mullens, I support his right to have a seat in the Seanad. Who gets to stay or has to go in our parliament isn't decided by petitions.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    I remember when they (The Catholic Church) weren't a minority , they were absolute bastards in the 80's.
    1680s. 1780s. 1880s and 1980s.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Larrii View Post
    We need these stone age types to remind us what we have escaped from.

Never going back.
    Leave me alone !!
    Hello darkness my old friend.....

Reviews

A petition can and does call for Mullins' removal, be it impossible as he has a constitutional right to warm the Senead seat with his bgoted arse. But a call can be made nonetheless. If to achieve nothing but inform his support base that the election of a misogynistc asshole is not in keeping with the values of a vast swathe of people.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by pigsmickey View Post
    A petition can and does call for Mullins' removal, be it impossible as he has a constitutional right to warm the Senead seat with his bgoted arse. But a call can be made nonetheless. If to achieve nothing but inform his support base that the election of a misogynistc asshole is not in keeping with the values of a vast swathe of people.
    Not impossible. He can remove himself. Besides, a little bit of feedback will do him no harm.
    My wife caught me wearing ladies underwear and threatened to leave me.
    So I packed up all her clothes
    And left.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parrot View Post
    No politician in the world is going to have the exact same view as a majority of the public on every issue. If an opinion that covers 33% of the population isn't represented by any of our politicians then we are failing to have a representative democracy.

He was given a platform via an election. If you want to quibble about the election or the house in general you can do that, but that's not an issue particular to any senator.
    I want you to really read what you just wrote.
    Last edited by Cassandra; 29-05-18 at 15:21.
    What if "It's Raining Men" and 'Let the bodies hit the floor' are both about the same event but from different perspectives 🤔

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cassandra For This Useful Post:

The Libertarian (29-05-18)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    That is an absolutely scurrilous accusation you just made. I am not from Cork, and if you ever say so again I will find you and beat the head off you, you dopey ghoul.
    Be kind to me, mastah!
    Ride them on the beaches!

Reviews

I believe public representatives should be elected by the public. I know that is not the case with Senators.
    Would you care to explain why you think this is working so far ?
    I can vote in the Seanad election and I'm a member of the public, so too can thousands of other college graduates. You can also question your local councillors and TD's.

Reviews

I believe public representatives should be elected by the public. I know that is not the case with Senators.
    Would you care to explain why you think this is working so far ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
    Do you understand how the Seanad or Seanad elections work? You seem like the type of person that loves to chip in when they haven't got a clue how things work.

So you didn't bother partaking in your right to vote in the Seanad elections? If you don't vote you have no right in complaining. Your opportunity to change things is at the ballot box not some stupid online petition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
    I can vote in the Seanad election and I'm a member of the public, so too can thousands of other college graduates. You can also question your local councillors and TD's.
    How is this better than a public election ? It was a simple enough question really. Thought even you could chip in. WHY DO YOU THINK THIS IS WORKING SO FAR ?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by The Libertarian View Post
    Folks, there is a large online petition calling on Senator Ronan Mullen to resign from our parliament -

https://www.change.org/p/seanad-eire...seanad-eireann

It has almost 23,000 signatures at the moment!

While it is more directly related to his performance during the repeal debate, where he was an active NO to removing the article equating a woman's life in value terms to a foetus, he was also a zealous supporter of the new law which has caused so many problems for sex workers, at least he is very consistent in his believes!

I have signed it and would also urge you to do so, if possible!

Thank You TL
    And yet Ivana Bacik was very supportive in the drafting of the sexual offences Bill and also for repealing the 8th
    What should we do

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast