Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Passions running high over the repeal the 8th vote!

Reviews

What is the definition of "passion"

Raining vey heavily indeed in North Antrim.

[Sorry, couldn't resist. ]

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (21-05-18)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by IrishSarahBarra View Post
    The majority of yes men feel that it's a woman's choice. And that's what will keep them at home.

The majority of no men feel it is a societal choice - that's what will get them out.

We need yes men to vote.
    I knew what I was going to vote always, but I can understand both sides.

I seen a poster resently imo it was very simple yet very powerful!
    It read “it’s a very personal issue that needs public support”

We can no longer send our mothers, sisters and girls we care about to another country to get an abortion and aftercare needed.
    They have my support and love.

YES.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to click n pick For This Useful Post:

Some of the campaign adverts I’ve seen for the ‘no’ side are blatantly stupid. One of them read something along the line ‘don’t kill foetuses over six months’. First of all that is highly illegal and highly risky and no doctor unless they want to lose their practice would do that.

Second of all I’m not ok with abortions, I am a woman nd I am pro life, but I do believe that women should be given this choice.
    The decision of having an abortion is hard enough without people judging them.

What concerns me a lot more is that some young adults would vote ‘no’ because they have been indoctrinated to believe that abortion is something to be frowned upon.

Voting ‘yes’ doesn’t make you a monster, it makes you a mature and responsible adult who weighs all the options before making a decision
    [B][I]Life is too short for bad coffee and bad sex.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AyannaMelek For This Useful Post:

Danny1983 (20-05-18), Hagane00 (20-05-18)

Quote Originally Posted by CurvyNina View Post
    Some of the campaign adverts I’ve seen for the ‘no’ side are blatantly stupid. One of them read something along the line ‘don’t kill foetuses over six months’. First of all that is highly illegal and highly risky and no doctor unless they want to lose their practice would do that.

Second of all I’m not ok with abortions, I am a woman nd I am pro life, but I do believe that women should be given this choice.
    The decision of having an abortion is hard enough without people judging them.

What concerns me a lot more is that some young adults would vote ‘no’ because they have been indoctrinated to believe that abortion is something to be frowned upon.

Voting ‘yes’ doesn’t make you a monster, it makes you a mature and responsible adult who weighs all the options before making a decision
    I agree with you Nina. I was allwas yes pro choice but it is not as easy as yes and no. I have been having 2nd idea but i do know i will vote yes. It 8s illeagle to have a abortion on Ireland it is all so illeagle to travel for a abortion but it is not illeagle to return to ireland after having an abortion. It is the help that some ladies might need help and counselling that have to be put on place.
    PS I once visited you in cork and very nice to.

I agree with you Nina. I was allwas yes pro choice but it is not as easy as yes and no. I have been having 2nd idea but i do know i will vote yes. It 8s illeagle to have a abortion on Ireland it is all so illeagle to travel for a abortion but it is not illeagle to return to ireland after having an abortion. It is the help that some ladies might need help and counselling that have to be put on place.
    PS I once visited you in cork and very nice to.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frumsp View Post
    Afaik Savita died from septic shock. Nothing to do with the 8th really. It was medical negligence.
    O ya she just went septic wasnt her open cervix coz she was miscarrying and ever other country would dnc but there a weak heartbeat

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to annabel taylor For This Useful Post:

DrAlan (21-05-18), gonzo76 (22-05-18), pigsmickey (22-05-18)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Forceuser View Post
    Eamon Dunphy's podcast interview with john waters didnt exactly go as planned!!
    Row kicks off around the 13th minute mark

https://soundcloud.com/thestandwithe...john-waters-no
    This is none of men's business. Its a woman's issue and only women should be allowed vote. Its not a political issue either so the parties should not be allowed put signs up. Political females included. It should be postponed until a later date anyway until the cancer issue is investigated properly.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by irishdeltaforce View Post
    And have their babies ripped from their arms and sold to Australian & American couples or maltreated and buried in the back of the convent.

Too much?

True Irish story.

http://www.thejournal.ie/list-names-...70019-Mar2017/
    The church shouldn't come into it either as scaremongering religious women wouldn't be right. One prob in this is that it will be used to punish the church which isn't what its about.

Westside.

Reviews

Waters will listen to some eejit spouting shite on the radio and not even realize its himself.

Reviews

Unfortunatly, it's this shite that is sinking in.

We need as a silent collective of punters make our own individual plan to vote on Friday if you can. DO IT.

My greatest fear is that we will wake up on Sat and see things havn't changed, that the highly conservatives will have won out and the horrible 8th will remain in place.
    It will take another 30 years for anything to happen again. Don't let this happen.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pigsmickey For This Useful Post:

Carolyne (21-05-18), JMastodon (21-05-18)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast