Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Repeal the 8th

Default Repeal the 8th

Since May 25th is only a few weeks away I'm wondering how people will vote and why?

Is Ireland years behind and should allow it?? or are they right to take care of an unborn baby and protect as best they can??

I'm confused to what way I will go, part of me says yes as a close friend found out in week 11 that they were going to have a stillborn baby. To go the remaining weeks with carrying a dead soul was heart breaking for this couple and because of the 8th they couldn't abort. Then there is many women out there who just don't want a child and will abuse the system if we repeal the 8th.

How will Ireland vote....... X or Y

Quote Originally Posted by feargal View Post
    I think it will not reduce the number of abortions if the 8th is kept in place. it will only cause more suffering for those who chose to go to the UK for abortions
    It's a women's issue and the men who lecture us about it are hypocrites and want to control everybody with their ancient ways
    Actually mathematically there's no way in hell if abortion on demand is legislated (it will be) abortions won't increase exponentially. No it's a constitutional issue not a woman's issue playing the women, sexism or the church and their misogynist ways cards is such a cop out in this debate and shows your ignorance to what is actually being debated here

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ezraaa View Post
    Actually mathematically there's no way in hell if abortion on demand is legislated (it will be) abortions won't increase exponentially. No it's a constitutional issue not a woman's issue playing the women, sexism or the church and their misogynist ways cards is such a cop out in this debate and shows your ignorance to what is actually being debated here
    Mathematically....??! This is about people.

Theres a double negative going on here.

You’re voting no, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by DrAlan View Post
    Mathematically....??! This is about people.

Theres a double negative going on here.

You’re voting no, yes?
    I'm not voting anything

Also not sure what u meant by the first statement

I'm not voting anything

Also not really sure what you meant by that first statement

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ezraaa View Post
    I'm not voting anything

Also not sure what u meant by the first statement
    I can’t figure out why you disagree with Feargals post. Where are the maths you refer to?

Finally after being bombarded with "No ads" every time I looked at YouTube in recent months,Google has recused itself.
    I have a big tractor cos my penis is small.

Quote Originally Posted by Getinthere30 View Post
    Since May 25th is only a few weeks away I'm wondering how people will vote and why?

Is Ireland years behind and should allow it?? or are they right to take care of an unborn baby and protect as best they can??

I'm confused to what way I will go, part of me says yes as a close friend found out in week 11 that they were going to have a stillborn baby. To go the remaining weeks with carrying a dead soul was heart breaking for this couple and because of the 8th they couldn't abort. Then there is many women out there who just don't want a child and will abuse the system if we repeal the 8th.

How will Ireland vote....... X or Y
    I don't want children.
    Women's inborn disgust protects me from having to engage in moral dilemmas.
    Yipee.
    I have a big tractor cos my penis is small.

Quote Originally Posted by DrAlan View Post
    I can’t figure out why you disagree with Feargals post. Where are the maths you refer to?
    I read the first part wrong. I'm just used to hearing of pro choicers that the number of Irish people having abortions (abroad in this case) will increase if the eight is repealed? I'm saying it's a mathematical certainty if you allow abortion on demand many more Irish people will opt for them.

Regarding the other points, no it's not just a woman's issue and then to paint everyone with the same brush who aren't too fond of allowing abortion on demand in their country as "old men" who oppress women because of their faith in this case Catholic is just ridiculous and a cop out argument

I will definitely be voting NO. before ye vote on friday, take a look around you. You will see many children out enjoying themselves in the summer sun. Do ye really want to deprive our next generation of children the opportunity??? When you enter the voting centres which many are located in schools, take a look at the walls. There you will see many photos/pictures of children enjoying their lives. The babies we kill by voting yes will never ever get a chance to paint a picture/ cycle a bike/ play sports/play with their friends because they never got a chance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast