Page 7 of 305 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaa

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by The D Man View Post
    Cynical play wears teams down. One of the aspects you have to admire for Monaghan is their savage work rate. The lack of experience in a semi final may cost them hopefully not.
    They've always fell when the have reached Croke Park but hopefully not this year. It would be great to see 1 of the smallest counties in the country reach the final.
    Hello darkness my old friend.....

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

The D Man (10-08-18)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    The red hands win it by one point. Hard luck to the farney. Rory beggan rushed his shot a bit at the end. Its a dublin tyrone final.
    Fuck Tyrone the cunts !!! But they won the match without too much diving. As an Armagh man I will be neutral in the final cos the Dubs look unstoppable and yet Tyrone are probably the only team that might possibly be able to bate them but I don't think I could listen to them cunts if they won 4 All Ireland's. They robbed us in 03 and I will never forgive them for that the cunts. Diarmud Marsden got a red card for a diving Tyrone cunt but he walked off the field without arguing wirh the ref. Fuck them Tyrone diving cunts

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    Fuck Tyrone the cunts !!! But they won the match without too much diving. As an Armagh man I will be neutral in the final cos the Dubs look unstoppable and yet Tyrone are probably the only team that might possibly be able to bate them but I don't think I could listen to them cunts if they won 4 All Ireland's. They robbed us in 03 and I will never forgive them for that the cunts. Diarmud Marsden got a red card for a diving Tyrone cunt but he walked off the field without arguing wirh the ref. Fuck them Tyrone diving cunts
    I could be wrong but I get the impression that you`re not overly fond of the Tyrone team. Anyway I can`t see the Red Hand getting within an asses roar of the Dubs in the final. They are at another level especially in Croke Park.
    Last edited by westcorklad; 13-08-18 at 17:43.
    The Truth is out there.

Reviews

After the dominance of Kilkenny hurling for so long it's good to see a couple of different teams in the final.
    And as an added bonus neither of them is Cork or Tipperary.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to slimboyfat For This Useful Post:

Reviews

The liam miller tribute game at pairc ui chaoimh is a complete sellout. Well done to all involved in switching it from turners cross.
    A sell out with the remaining 37000 tickets selling out in just over 1 day. It will be the biggest crowd at a sporting event in Cork in almost 5 years.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cortez For This Useful Post:

Reviews

So will galway do the two in a row like they did in 87/88 or will limerick win their first in 45 years. It should be a close game. Galway usually start in whirlwind fashion but then go out of games, limerick usually finish strong with their subs making an impact. I think if limerick can be within two or three points of galway at half time then they have a great chance to win. Its been a story of comebacks and draws and great games so far in the hurling championship, maybe this will end in a draw.
    I would not be at all surprised if it ends in a draw. Hopefully the final will live up to the standard shown in most of the matches this year. If it does end in a draw, I don't know what arrangements are in place for a replay. Croke Park will be unavailable next weekend due to the Popes visit so would it be played in Thurles or as part of a double header weekend with the football final in two weeks time?
    The Truth is out there.

Quote Originally Posted by westcorklad View Post
    I would not be at all surprised if it ends in a draw. Hopefully the final will live up to the standard shown in most of the matches this year. If it does end in a draw, I don't know what arrangements are in place for a replay. Croke Park will be unavailable next weekend due to the Popes visit so would it be played in Thurles or as part of a double header weekend with the football final in two weeks time?
    No way Jose, they would just have to push it back to the next available date. There's a great documentary on at the moment about the history of hurling on RTE. Cork drew with Kilkenny twice some time in the 30s. The games were almost a month apart so it was the 1st of November when the final game was played.

Galway don't look as invincible now as they did earlier in the year, would love to see Limerick do it, 45 years is an awful long time for them. If its anything like what we've seen so far we should be in for a cracker.
    Shake'n'bake

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RickyBobby For This Useful Post:

slimboyfat (18-08-18)

Reviews

I would think it would be played on the Saturday before the football final.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by RickyBobby View Post
    No way Jose, they would just have to push it back to the next available date. There's a great documentary on at the moment about the history of hurling on RTE. Cork drew with Kilkenny twice some time in the 30s. The games were almost a month apart so it was the 1st of November when the final game was played.

Galway don't look as invincible now as they did earlier in the year, would love to see Limerick do it, 45 years is an awful long time for them. If its anything like what we've seen so far we should be in for a cracker.
    Limerick for me are the outstanding team this year and as much as I cheered on Galway last year I will be supporting Limerick this year !!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

slimboyfat (18-08-18)

Luimneach abu

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ted E Bear For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 305 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast