Thread: Gaa

Reviews

Very good program on Crossmaglen Rangers on BBC tonight

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ryankelvin For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (10-05-20)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ryankelvin View Post
    Very good program on Crossmaglen Rangers on BBC tonight
    I think I seen it before but I have it recorded just in case.

Cross. They're a breed of their own !
    Are we there yet ?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

Ryankelvin (10-05-20)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    I think I seen it before but I have it recorded just in case.

Cross. They're a breed of their own !
    They didn’t have it easy , it makes their achievements all the more remarkable

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    The gaa are to make a further announcement tonight regarding what will happen for the rest of the year. Club championships could return by august and maybe a knockout inter county championship by october. Maybe mayo for sam yet this year.
    Whatever about the club championships I don`t see how the inter county programme can go ahead with full crowds allowed in the stadiums and the GAA have stated many times they are not in favour of playing matches behind closed doors. It still seems unlikely that all restrictions on mass gatherings will be lifted by October and it definitely won`t happen if there is another wave of the virus then.
    The Truth is out there.

Reviews

The gaa are set to announce the details of the championship today. Reports are that the football will be straight knockout and the hurlers will get a second chance.
    I think that is the only sensible or practical way it can happen, it would be good to get a system in place to try and achieve that, it’s not a lot different to the system, pre backdoor , so probably just the one game for Cavan

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ryankelvin For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (26-06-20), westcorklad (26-06-20)

Reviews

So with the 4 football provincial winners meeting in the all ireland semi finals, does anyone know which provinces play each other.
    Ulster play Leinster and Connacht play Munster so even if by some miracle Armagh win Ulster that is as far as they are likely to go. But who knows the Dubs might have an off day and there is only 1 bite at the cherry.

All matches to be finished on the day and if it's still a draw after extra time then it's penalties.

Any word if the matches will be played behind closed doors or not ? Hopefully the situation will have relaxed enough for us to attend matches but who knows what the situation will be come Autumn .
    Are we there yet ?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

Ryankelvin (26-06-20), westcorklad (26-06-20)

Reviews

I would think that some people will be allowed attend the games if things keep going the way they are. It will be another 4 months before it starts. Maybe games will be played at bigger venues like clones, croke park, castlebar, pairc ui chaoimh. Also if armagh did win ulster and get to a semi final wouldn't that be a great achievement in itself, look at what westmeath have to face. The dubs in the first round of a knock out competition.
    Well up to 500 people will be allowed to gather together outdoors from 20th July so provided there is not another surge of the virus that`s likely to be increased by October. And as you say it`s likely that only the bigger stadiums will be used even if that means provincial matches taking place outside their own provinces.
    The Truth is out there.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (27-06-20), Ryankelvin (27-06-20)

Reviews

I would think that some people will be allowed attend the games if things keep going the way they are. It will be another 4 months before it starts. Maybe games will be played at bigger venues like clones, croke park, castlebar, pairc ui chaoimh. Also if armagh did win ulster and get to a semi final wouldn't that be a great achievement in itself, look at what westmeath have to face. The dubs in the first round of a knock out competition.
    Ketchup, if Armagh won Ulster I would be on cloud 9 but that is a very big IF . But IF they did win then their tails would be up and they would have nothing to fear against Dublin. Twenty odd years ago Armagh started to win Ulster titles year after year and you began to take them for granted. Now it would be brilliant if we could win another 1.
    Are we there yet ?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

westcorklad (27-06-20)

Reviews

Who do ye play in the first round barney. Are donegal or tyrone on yere side of the draw do you know.
    The answer to the first part of your question is Derry - can't remember if it was scheduled for the Athletic Grounds or Celtic Park.
    The answer to your second question is Yes, the winners meet the winners of the Tyrone-Donegal game.
    On paper Monaghan are on the easy side of the draw but a derby game against Cavan might produce an upset but I still expect the Farney men to get to the final.
    Are we there yet ?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

westcorklad (27-06-20)

Reviews

Same old dirty tricks by the GAA.

The semi finals should have been Connaught vs. Ulster and Leinster vs Munster going by this year's Super 8 arrangements, but the GAA had to ignore the poor provincial relations of Irish sport to give the money bucks final of Dublin vs Kerry the best chance of happening