Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's Not

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by blue rebel View Post
    Do you not have to be a member of the local Gun Club to get a Gun Licence, or a farmer {was years ago}.. I am sure if you
    are an elderly man living in fear in rural Ireland and asked your local Guard for a Gun licence for fear someone was
    going to rob you he would not be recommending you get a licence..
    Yes, personal protection is not considered a valid reason. But there is nothing stating you need to be in a gun club. Hunting, sporting and pest control are considered valid.

Some of the scumbags fit in the category of vermin control, right?

Ultimately I think it is at the discretion of the local guard. Slip him a €50 and I'm sure that might influence or speed his decision.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gonzo76 For This Useful Post:

blue rebel (07-11-17)

Reviews

So you'll be approved for a gun in Ireland to kill defenseless animals in their habitat but refused if it's to protect yourself and your family in your home. Yeah we got our priorities in order alright.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolverine For This Useful Post:

blue rebel (07-11-17)

Quote Originally Posted by blue rebel View Post
    I would not be in favour of letting an individual own a huge amount of guns as would any sane person but what I would
    allow is that every household would be entitled to own a Rifle or a Shotgun and from there if anyone breaks into your home
    you have the right to protect yourself and let me guarantee you one thing once a few of the scum realise that they could be
    shot the amount of robberies in properties would diminish, No one in their right minds would want Guns to be bought
    willy nilly like USA..
    You must have really lovely neighbours Blue. Can't say I trust mine.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by goatboy View Post
    My license covers me for shotguns and certain rifles for hunting and pest control and not a member of a gun club.Was brought up with guns as part of land management
    So you are loaded up with your own guns but don't want to see the rest of us having any ??

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by 12cs7vs View Post
    You must have really lovely neighbours Blue. Can't say I trust mine.
    I honestly don't even lock my back door at night ever since kids were teenagers they always used back door at whatever time they got home..

I do have 2 indoor small dogs but they are great watchdogs and bark once the back gate is opened so better than any alarm..

I live in a Council Estate and there are some tough characters around but 99% of them are salt of the earth guys ..

Anyway If they ever break in to my house I hope they wake me up as I will go looking for the Money with them.....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to blue rebel For This Useful Post:

12cs7vs (07-11-17)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast