Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's Not

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by blue rebel View Post
    Pity that Farmer in Offaly didn't have a sub machine gun when those 4 Knackers broke in to his house 2nd time and beat and robbed him
    during the week .. I would love to see some of those scum bags shot DEAD..
    Padraig Nally did it a few years back and we need another few shot to get the message home that it is not ok to break in and rob our elderly.
    Problem is that mentality leads to what you have in America, guns in everyone's houses and you go from a small number of isolated gun deaths to massive numbers.
    Suicides, accidents, crimes of passion, and deaths from criminals arming themselves.

The answer to those robberies is investment in decent police force and sensible resourcing of same.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gonzo76 For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo76 View Post
    Problem is that mentality leads to what you have in America, guns in everyone's houses and you go from a small number of isolated gun deaths to massive numbers.
    Suicides, accidents, crimes of passion, and deaths from criminals arming themselves.

The answer to those robberies is investment in decent police force and sensible resourcing of same.
    I think the point blue rebel was making was that we are in no position to look down through our noses at the american gun problem while our elderly are beaten and tortured by thugs.
    These animals laugh at our justice system.
    Changes need to be made here urgently.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wolverine For This Useful Post:

blue rebel (07-11-17), gonzo76 (07-11-17)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    I think the point blue rebel was making was that we are in no position to look down through our noses at the american gun problem while our elderly are beaten and tortured by thugs.
    Justice System? when a guy with 163 previous convictions is still pout robbing and that was the amount of times he was caught.
    You can multiply that by 10 the amount of times that he got away with it..
    People give out about our cops but in fairness to them they must shake their heads in disbelief when catching theser scum and the
    Judiciary more worried about the scum than the victim with their fucking Suspended sentences..

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blue rebel For This Useful Post:

Wolverine (07-11-17)

Reviews

Justice System? when a guy with 163 previous convictions is still pout robbing and that was the amount of times he was caught.
    You can multiply that by 10 the amount of times that he got away with it..
    People give out about our cops but in fairness to them they must shake their heads in disbelief when catching theser scum and the
    Judiciary more worried about the scum than the victim with their fucking Suspended sentences..
    It's a disgrace. Padraig Nally should have been awarded for what he did.
    Instead he got more jail time than the scum who pour boiling water between a pensioners legs.
    It truly disgusts me.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wolverine For This Useful Post:

blue rebel (07-11-17)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by goatboy View Post
    Revalue,Re educate,reinstate here have a house well done instead of incarcerate and if i had my way the death penalty,choice of which is given to the victims
    I think you will find that is what the judiciary are trying to do with the last 20yrs but its all a joke as these scum just use it to their advantage..

I agree some people can turn their lives around , usually those who had addiction problems and robbed to feed habit.. It is great to see that happen

but there are career Criminals out there who never worked never want to or never will and these are the guys who have the 169 previous so let you

try re educate them as I am sure they have told the judge plenty of times that they are seeking help and then are out robbing that night when they are

left out on bail for umpteenth time..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to blue rebel For This Useful Post:

Wolverine (07-11-17)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    But I think we are in a position to look at the American problem and thank God we don't have it. The op was about that, and to be fair there's a massive difference between a daily mass shooting and the level of violent crime we have here. Imagine someone letting fly here and killing 50+ people, would we call for more guns?

You can't conflate the two issues, you are totally correct that there are scumbags here who flaunt weak legislation and a bad police force and justice system. But a response to that of arming the general public is a huge slippery slope, that's all I'm saying.

Reviews

But I think we are in a position to look at the American problem and thank God we don't have it. The op was about that, and to be fair there's a massive difference between a daily mass shooting and the level of violent crime we have here. Imagine someone letting fly here and killing 50+ people, would we call for more guns?

You can't conflate the two issues, you are totally correct that there are scumbags here who flaunt weak legislation and a bad police force and justice system. But a response to that of arming the general public is a huge slippery slope, that's all I'm saying.
    I would not be in favour of letting an individual own a huge amount of guns as would any sane person but what I would
    allow is that every household would be entitled to own a Rifle or a Shotgun and from there if anyone breaks into your home
    you have the right to protect yourself and let me guarantee you one thing once a few of the scum realise that they could be
    shot the amount of robberies in properties would diminish, No one in their right minds would want Guns to be bought
    willy nilly like USA..
    Last edited by blue rebel; 07-11-17 at 20:45.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to blue rebel For This Useful Post:

Wolverine (07-11-17)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Americas funny.

Reviews

I would not be in favour of letting an individual own a huge amount of guns as would any sane person but what I would
    allow is that every household would be entitled to own a Rifle or a Shotgun and from there if anyone breaks into your home
    you have the right to protect yourself and let me guarantee you one thing once a few of the scum realise that they could be
    shot the amount of robberies in properties would diminish, No one in their right minds would want Guns to be bought
    willy nilly like USA..
    But the current gun laws in Ireland do allow that. There's no point in households having guns and they are not competent in their use, or safely stored.

But if you have a valid case and you make it to your local Garda, you can have a rifle or a shotgun.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to gonzo76 For This Useful Post:

Reviews

But the current gun laws in Ireland do allow that. There's no point in households having guns and they are not competent in their use, or safely stored.

But if you have a valid case and you make it to your local Garda, you can have a rifle or a shotgun.
    Do you not have to be a member of the local Gun Club to get a Gun Licence, or a farmer {was years ago}.. I am sure if you
    are an elderly man living in fear in rural Ireland and asked your local Guard for a Gun licence for fear someone was
    going to rob you he would not be recommending you get a licence..

18. The Following User Says Thank You to blue rebel For This Useful Post:

Wolverine (07-11-17)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast