Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Little blue box...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,313
    Reviews
    7

    Default Little blue box...

    Can anybody tell me what the little blue box under the members details means on a post. When you run your cursor over it, It says "epsilon".. will become famous soon enough.
    Its Under the P in Posts...
    Anybody got any ideas.



    Epsilon
    Registered User
    Certified E-I Addict
    Join Date: Feb 2008
    Location: Between the legs of a beautiful woman
    Posts: 1,716




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Under Patricia.........
    Posts
    8,423
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I noticed it last week when the changes were going on............

    Some people have different comment.......

    Mine says "Luther is a super sexy stud".................. I wish....
    Advertising space available for hire, and reviews for sale, just call me....xxx

    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,313
    Reviews
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    I noticed it last week when the changes were going on............

    Some people have different comment.......

    Mine says "Luther is a super sexy stud".................. I wish....
    I think i may have figured it out. Its something to do with your reputation and the karma stuff... I think. Maybe Patricia will let us know. I see has her reputation disabled.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Under Patricia.........
    Posts
    8,423
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
    I think i may have figured it out. Its something to do with your reputation and the karma stuff... I think. Maybe Patricia will let us know. I see has her reputation disabled.
    It took me about 5 attempt to read Patricias the other day......... I could only seem to read it as Patricia having some kind of reputation with the disabled or something...........

    Blond moment I think...........
    Advertising space available for hire, and reviews for sale, just call me....xxx

    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

  5. Default

    id rather have a black box

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Under Patricia.........
    Posts
    8,423
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    id rather have a black box
    I thought Blackadder was more your thing...............

    A black box to go along with your cunning plan I suppose.............
    Advertising space available for hire, and reviews for sale, just call me....xxx

    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    22,443

    Default

    Ya mine says ill be famous soon enough......... hmmmmmmmm shes not going to publush her memoirs - Life of an escort /Queen of tarts and name and shame us all is she?
    Join the E-I Fantasy Football League

    http://www.escort-ireland.com/boards...ntasy-Football

  8. #8

    Default

    It's basically a simple way to graphically represent the number of posts a user has made on the forum and hence their status.

    It's fairly common on message boards.

    For a good example of this have a look at a thread on this programmers message board where a user called jmcilhinney has racked up over 45,000 posts !!! Hover your mouse over each posters green squares to see what it says about them.

    Click Here For jmcilhinney And His 45,000 + Posts

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Under Patricia.........
    Posts
    8,423
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pussy Eater View Post
    It's basically a simple way to graphically represent the number of posts a user has made on the forum and hence their status.

    It's fairly common on message boards.

    For a good example of this have a look at a thread on this programmers message board where a user called jmcilhinney has racked up over 45,000 posts !!! Hover your mouse over each posters green squares to see what it says about them.

    Click Here For jmcilhinney And His 45,000 + Posts
    Actually Peter that's not strictly true here....... but you've just highlighted something to now....

    The number of posts you have here is indicated numerically on the right hand side and the little blue box underneath is not linked to it...

    I think Epsilon is right, it might to linked to the Karma.........

    Your status is indicated on the left under your user name and changes when you reach certain numbers..........

    I'm not sure what they are, something like.........

    0-250 Registered User....
    250-500 Becoming addicted to E-I....
    500-1000 Addicted to E-I........

    1000+ Certified E-I Addict......... Like me.........
    Last edited by luther; 17-04-09 at 19:14. Reason: Karma comment..........
    Advertising space available for hire, and reviews for sale, just call me....xxx

    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

  10. #10

    Default

    Hi Luther, I'm using Firefox and I've just now hovered my mouse over the "blue box", right-clicked and selected properties from the pop-up menu that appears - by doing this I can see that the filename of the image is reputation_pos.gif

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •